Become a Patron!

In Tank Mix?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a little experiment today because I didn't want to mix a whole batch of a certain flavor that I have been trying to mix. I have a great vanilla custard recipe that I vape as a standalone on a daily basis. I have been trying to find a good raspberry DIY recipe and have tried a couple but never really got the results I wanted. I was vaping my vanilla custard when I decided to add a few drops of TFA Sweet Raspberry to the Vanilla Custard after taking a few vapes. The experiment resulted in the best Raspberry juice that I have mixed yet. I was just curious if anyone else had tried this method and got good results.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We won't know until you post your VC recipe...:)

(yes I'm a tank mixer)

whatever PG/VG and nic base you use plus
3% DX Sweet Cream (TFA)
8% DX Vanilla Custard (TFA)
2% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

Not my recipe but honestly don't remember where I got it or whether or not I modified it. Very simple but pretty good.

As far as the Raspberry juice I added about 6-8 drops of Sweet Raspberry in my tank and it was pretty good

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
whatever PG/VG and nic base you use plus
3% DX Sweet Cream (TFA)
8% DX Vanilla Custard (TFA)
2% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA)

Not my recipe but honestly don't remember where I got it or whether or not I modified it. Very simple but pretty good.

As far as the Raspberry juice I added about 6-8 drops of Sweet Raspberry in my tank and it was pretty good
Thanks! Sounds good.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a little experiment today because I didn't want to mix a whole batch of a certain flavor that I have been trying to mix. I have a great vanilla custard recipe that I vape as a standalone on a daily basis. I have been trying to find a good raspberry DIY recipe and have tried a couple but never really got the results I wanted. I was vaping my vanilla custard when I decided to add a few drops of TFA Sweet Raspberry to the Vanilla Custard after taking a few vapes. The experiment resulted in the best Raspberry juice that I have mixed yet. I was just curious if anyone else had tried this method and got good results.

Mix-n-match juices "in the tank"? Sure, not unusual at all.
Adding concentrate to the juice in a tank... not so much.

Though I have thought about it a time or two. :p

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's how I mix menthol. Fill tank with unflavored plus 1-2 drops FW Menthol. It's also how I found out that if you're going to shake a Griffin tank, you should do it only with the juice flow closed.

While not the hazard doing it with nic would be, I'd still expect the problem to be the same... hotspots.

And, personally... menthol would be one of the worst. :p

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While not the hazard doing it with nic would be, I'd still expect the problem to be the same... hotspots.

And, personally... menthol would be one of the worst. :p
I've never hit a hot spot. Gotta shake it though. Not all tanks can handle this. Aromamizer Supreme will flood and leak liquid everywhere if shaken, even with juice flow closed. TFV8 can handle being shaken, so can Griffin 25 + as long as juice flow is closed. If you can't shake, swirl it around and let it sit a few minutes. The flavor should mix fast with such a small amount of base. I wouldn't try to combine flavors or add nic in a tank, but it works fine with simple singles like menthol and spearmint.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do that all the time with perfected stand alone flavors I made to find out how well they go together and to get an idea how much of a percentage I could use. I call them my Mood Mixes because I got bored with a flavor or flavors. Never did I ever think that Coconut went so well with a Tobacco Blend before I tried it!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was mixing up a 30ML and screwed up so I had to make a 60ML and needed to do something with it so a lot of experimenting went on with Coconut!

I put a couple drops in a tank but it was too much.
I'm running tobac in a Bachelor mini, and the gasket under the swing-away top cap just has two small holes. A single drop was... problematic. :D
(no more concentrates in the tanks, I should think)

So I added a couple to the ~2 ml remaining in the 10ml bottle I use for tobac (time to re-mix... I do it every two or three days, Shake-n-vape baby.). We'll see how that goes.

But...
It's FA's Burley, which I find overly "musty" (Maxx is fine and my norm runs to RYs), so to use it up I mix in a touch of Cocoon lately (a caramel apple). It's intriguingly different with the coconut, but possibly not a fair test given my feelings about the Burley.

So... odd-ball coconut experiment. Early results promising. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I only mix finished e-Liquids in a tank for testing how flavors go together because you need time for them to infuse and in my opinion you might get a hit of full flavoring. I added say a 1/4 to 1/2 and ML in the tank. The Nautilus Mini has graduated marking on the glass.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I only mix juices I know I like that might go good together. I don't mix flavors I haven't tried yet or flavors that'd suck together, tea and soda no thanks. Though I do mix the flavors quite often, it's mostly cause I don't want to empty a tank out of laziness. Out of curiosity, I did try peach yogurt mixed with some sodas, little weird but I think if I made a more focused recipe with it, it'd work nicely.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've never hit a hot spot. Gotta shake it though. Not all tanks can handle this. Aromamizer Supreme will flood and leak liquid everywhere if shaken, even with juice flow closed. TFV8 can handle being shaken, so can Griffin 25 + as long as juice flow is closed. If you can't shake, swirl it around and let it sit a few minutes. The flavor should mix fast with such a small amount of base. I wouldn't try to combine flavors or add nic in a tank, but it works fine with simple singles like menthol and spearmint.
I've been using my Aromamizer Supreme V2 exclusively for the past two weeks and it hasn't leaked a drop. I've shaken it had it upside down in my pocket all with the flow open and, not a drop. If you're looking for a tank to mix in how about the Aromamizer Titan 28ml? That's what I call room to mix. You can get rid of those 30ml bottles. Just get a half dozen of these.:tantrum:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018387/9353800-authentic-steam-crave-aromamizer-titan-rdta

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been using my Aromamizer Supreme V2 exclusively for the past two weeks and it hasn't leaked a drop. I've shaken it had it upside down in my pocket all with the flow open and, not a drop. If you're looking for a tank to mix in how about the Aromamizer Titan 28ml? That's what I call room to mix. You can get rid of those 30ml bottles. Just get a half dozen of these.:tantrum:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018387/9353800-authentic-steam-crave-aromamizer-titan-rdta
Mine leaks like a sieve, probably because it's not a V2.

The owner of my local vape shop has a Titan. It toppled over and cracked the top glass in one of his showcases. The Titan didn't get a scratch. If you get one, buy the widest mod you can find to fire it. :)

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If the wick tails are properly "flared" to cover the juice holes (don't stuff them in the holes)... juice will glue the material to the deck. No leaks, in my experience.

But I might not trust that a vigorous shaking wouldn't knock them loose. ;)

#Lovemy'mizers :D

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You've inspired me to in tank mix! I've been vaping on FA Watermelon today solo @ 5%. I got it in my old griffin 22 RTA. When I got it down to about half way full, I dropped half a dozen or so drops of INW Cactus in there. I turned it over a few times to mix it up. Its coming through my wicks now and its really good! I like it better than plain ol' watermelon.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You've inspired me to in tank mix! I've been vaping on FA Watermelon today solo @ 5%. I got it in my old griffin 22 RTA. When I got it down to about half way full, I dropped half a dozen or so drops of INW Cactus in there. I turned it over a few times to mix it up. Its coming through my wicks now and its really good! I like it better than plain ol' watermelon.

I am glad it is working out for you.

VU Sponsors