Become a Patron!

In the event of a button getting stuck down.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello guys! So my device is a Tesla Two Sub Mod, an unregulated Li-Po mod with 2 internal 19500s and a circuit board for protections. The button on my mod is starting to go and sooner or later will probably get stuck. Would the best thing to do in this case be to unscrew the tank from the battery? (Batteries are internal) It also has a 10 second cut off supposedly, would the device just shut itself off? Just paranoid really and wanna know if I'm in the clear here until I can get a new mod lol

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Next time you are recoiling test that ten second cut off with the old coil first. Then it won't be supposed. Unscrewing the atty should work as well.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have one that does this, not the same mod, though. It's frustrating. I sometimes press on the button, the toward the bottom of the button and it gets "unstuck", lol. I'm tempted to take it apart and look, but I don't want to muck it up, either.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one that does this, not the same mod, though. It's frustrating. I sometimes press on the button, the toward the bottom of the button and it gets "unstuck", lol. I'm tempted to take it apart and look, but I don't want to muck it up, either.
I've gotten tempted myself to take apart my mod and see if I could fix the button to work better, but same reason, it's my only device at the moment! Haha also, little update, I took off my tank and held the button down, it's more like a 15 second cut off but it's there! So I'd be safe if the button got stuck down in this case? It was a relief to find that out for myself lol

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next time you are recoiling test that ten second cut off with the old coil first. Then it won't be supposed. Unscrewing the atty should work as well.
Probably should have quoted you on that last reply, but it's there! Worst case scenario, I could just unscrew my tank and wait it out with no real danger? Is it safe to unscrew an atty while it's firing?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably should have quoted you on that last reply, but it's there! Worst case scenario, I could just unscrew my tank and wait it out with no real danger? Is it safe to unscrew an atty while it's firing?
Sure you can unscrew it while it's firing, no different than when you release the button every time you hit it really. 15 seconds might toast your wick but it's not likely to blow up either. And it just might be less than 15 seconds with some resistance in the circuit.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Safest possible course of action is to not use a device you are worried about. I like to live by the old saying when in doubt don't.

I understand you do not have a replacement from what you said but it might be better spending the time acquiring one instead of worrying and discussing what could happen.

Good Luck and Vape Safe

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Safest possible course of action is to not use a device you are worried about. I like to live by the old saying when in doubt don't.

I understand you do not have a replacement from what you said but it might be better spending the time acquiring one instead of worrying and discussing what could happen.

Good Luck and Vape Safe
Yea, that's the safe answer. Next chance I get to be able to buy a new mod will probably be around August or so, so I'm just waiting it out until then. I'll probably end up buying an rx200, possibly some LG HG2s (unless I find something better), and a nitecore digicharger D4. Might as well go all the way.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
get a can of electronic spay cleaner and squirt the switch and clean it out.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get an RX200 for like $42 from 3fVape right now.
Thanks for the tip! I'm probably going to buy them together with the external charger, (at the same time I mean) everyone says that mod does not charge batteries evenly or correctly. Would you recommend any kind of good IMR or INR batteries for this device? So far, the LG HG2 and the Samsung 25R batteries look like the best bet.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will only Buy the Samsung or LG myself but before you buy batteries order the MOD you are going to use them in so you buy what you need and make an educated purchase. For more information on batteries hit the Battery Junkies thread.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will only Buy the Samsung or LG myself but before you buy batteries order the MOD you are going to use them in so you buy what you need and make an educated purchase. For more information on batteries hit the Battery Junkies thread.
Thanks! You as well as everyone else who posted have been a big help!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your Welcome but hit the Batteries Junkies Threads because you are posting a lot of battery related questions and about safety. There is a great amount of information, recommendations and test results there. Also only buy you batteries from reputable suppliers.

VU Sponsors