Become a Patron!

In the market... A regulated box mod. Maybe something small like a mini.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about getting amother regulated box mod. I currently have a Sigelei 150W and it works great, no complaints at all! I want another mod so I can just run another tank or dripper so I don't have to keep switching when I want a different flavor or vape. Also, I think it would be nice to have something a little smaller for when I'm out and about.

*Sidenote* - I think the vapor shark is a pretty good size and I like how they have temp control but they are so damn expensive! Anyone know of something similar that has a decent price?

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about getting amother regulated box mod. I currently have a Sigelei 150W and it works great, no complaints at all! I want another mod so I can just run another tank or dripper so I don't have to keep switching when I want a different flavor or vape. Also, I think it would be nice to have something a little smaller for when I'm out and about.

*Sidenote* - I think the vapor shark is a pretty good size and I like how they have temp control but they are so damn expensive! Anyone know of something similar that has a decent price?
I just recently got a second hand, mint condition Vapor Flask for like 250$. Absolutely the best 250$ i have ever spent on vaping gear. Batteries last for what seems like an eternity and the build quality is beyond top notch. Really, take some time, save some money and get one of these.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
About a week or so ago, I purchased a Sigelei 30 Watt Mini and I love the sucker.

Lives in my shirt pocket with my cell phone and pen just fine, feels great in my hand, last all day at 18.5 watts with some battery life left over when I put it up to charge.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

+1 to this. I've got one and it's the only device I need to last me all day long. I use it with all my RDAs/tanks and have zero issues. Plus, on the rare occasion that it does need to be charged (4400 mah goes a loooooong way) I can vape it while it's charging! I love not having to mess around with batteries all the time too. It's surprisingly small too, it feels like a baby mod compared to my (single 18650) Smok BT50 but has twice the battery capacity.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
About a week or so ago, I purchased a Sigelei 30 Watt Mini and I love the sucker.

Lives in my shirt pocket with my cell phone and pen just fine, feels great in my hand, last all day at 18.5 watts with some battery life left over when I put it up to charge.
+1! Had mine about a month now and love it!

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I appreciate all the input guys, especially on the Sig 30W because I really like the brand. Also thank you for telling me about the vapor flask. :)

Aside from the vapor flask, and obviously the vapor shark, does anyone know about any good, reasonably priced, devices that have temp control?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Correction to my earlier statement. The iStick 50w is propably the best mod out there right now. Cheap, authentic, great battery life and reasonable power. If Eleaf made one with temp control it would be in every vapers pocket. And i think eleaf knows that, so we'll see what happens in the future. But if you want the best bang for your buck, get the iStick.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id probably steer clear of temp control untill its more refined...you can find a host of threads on here about problems with them.

I have a sig 30 mini i use and a cloupor 30 mini on the way...not sure how the cloupor will work but out of 135 reviews ive read ,2 didnt like it...so who knows..you definatley wont beat the price and its smaller than a sig 30...Just another option to think about.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I appreciate all the input guys, especially on the Sig 30W because I really like the brand. Also thank you for telling me about the vapor flask. :)

Aside from the vapor flask, and obviously the vapor shark, does anyone know about any good, reasonably priced, devices that have temp control?
The clone DNA40 devices are just as good if not better than the authentic chip. I saw a thread somewhere, maybe you can look into that?

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id probably steer clear of temp control untill its more refined...you can find a host of threads on here about problems with them.

I have a sig 30 mini i use and a cloupor 30 mini on the way...not sure how the cloupor will work but out of 135 reviews ive read ,2 didnt like it...so who knows..you definatley wont beat the price and its smaller than a sig 30...Just another option to think about.
Yeah I'm beginning to see that lol. I may just hold off for a while... But a buddy of mine said that H-Cigar is coming out with a temp control device. I don't know much about H-Cigar but it has me curious.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I'm beginning to see that lol. I may just hold off for a while... But a buddy of mine said that H-Cigar is coming out with a temp control device. I don't know much about H-Cigar but it has me curious.

Im not saying some dont get some that dont work but i guess as with anything you have to buy it to see how it plays out for you...I personally tend to steer clear of anything new as most anything new has bugs and those who buy them first are the lab rats so to speak.

You didnt mention how much power your wanting to use an rda on...30 watts may or may not be enough depending on what you are looking for.

I use a rule of thumb...Always buy a device that can put out more power than you need as i feel its less stress on the components (pcb board) by not maxing it out all the time.

If you want to use 30 watts then get a 50 device...if you want 50 watts then get a 70w or better.

The eleaf i stick 50 is pretty popular but not sure how you feel about not being able to change out a battery and keep on vaping as you can with a replaceable battery device.

Check out the Smok XRPro M50....you can use this as a mech mod as well or regulated for tanks...Im looking at one myself.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im not saying some dont get some that dont work but i guess as with anything you have to buy it to see how it plays out for you...I personally tend to steer clear of anything new as most anything new has bugs and those who buy them first are the lab rats so to speak.

You didnt mention how much power your wanting to use an rda on...30 watts may or may not be enough depending on what you are looking for.

I use a rule of thumb...Always buy a device that can put out more power than you need as i feel its less stress on the components (pcb board) by not maxing it out all the time.

If you want to use 30 watts then get a 50 device...if you want 50 watts then get a 70w or better.

The eleaf i stick 50 is pretty popular but not sure how you feel about not being able to change out a battery and keep on vaping as you can with a replaceable battery device.

Check out the Smok XRPro M50....you can use this as a mech mod as well or regulated for tanks...Im looking at one myself.
Well I already have a sigelei 150W which is all I've been using lately. I love it, just thinking about having a second device for convenience. So probably 50 watt to answer your question. I have some tanks/rda's that I run around 30 and sometimes just a little more.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I already have a sigelei 150W which is all I've been using lately. I love it, just thinking about having a second device for convenience. So probably 50 watt to answer your question. I have some tanks/rda's that I run around 30 and sometimes just a little more.
At least a 50 watt then...from what i understand the smok 50 is pretty small for a 50w device but so is the i stick 50...lol

I guess just look around..maybe the ipv but i cant see spending the money they want for them personally...Some just ask too much for things.

Good luck in your search.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got a Sig Mini for my wife because of it's size, it takes 18650 which is the same as my mods making it cheap to replace batteries when needed instead of buying a new mod when the batteries is something like an iStick die, and how easy it is to swap batteries with the magnetic door.

I considered the IPV Mini also, but preferred the magnetic door over the screw in bottom cap for the battery for her. Both have good reviews.

Also, @Nikkita6 is selling a XPro M65 and M22 as a package deal for $60 plus shipping. She
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-various-vape-gear-lots.62826/#post-380898

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just get another sigelei 150,buy 2 artic tank fill em up with juice boom problem solve, I'm assuming you sub ohm since u vaping sig 150w?
Eleaf 50,sig50,ipvmini270w,once you vape around 70-90 watts its hard to vape 15-30 watts,I suggest if you buying a box don't go below 50watts... Good luck..
BIGBOYVAPER

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Go with a 50W iStick. Cheap and enough power for dripping.

VU Sponsors