Become a Patron!

In your Opinion...What is the best build in a Kayfun?

D

Donald Bickers

Thanks guys, I just did my first success kayfun build that has not leaked yet. Had the damn thing 3 days and finally, no leaking. I t was a wicking problem for sure.
what build did you go with,,,,,just curious

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Went with the navy nest with Japanese cotton, 1.4 ohm. 6/7 wraps, I think 30g. not sure just had some wire hanging around lookng for a purpose, so I used it...
so far works great, no leaks, no dry hits. YET!!!!! Maybe this one will work all the way.

D

Donald Bickers

Went with the navy nest with Japanese cotton, 1.4 ohm. 6/7 wraps, I think 30g. not sure just had some wire hanging around lookng for a purpose, so I used it...
so far works great, no leaks, no dry hits. YET!!!!! Maybe this one will work all the way.
Good luck,,,,every since I started using this build on my kayfuns,,,,,No leaks and no dry hits,,,Ill never use anything else,and ive been using for quite a while

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been building on Kayfuns for a while now. I am currently using either single strand or braided kanthal microcoils in either the horizontal or chimney style. I am not completely satisfied with the throat hit. Any suggestions?? My builds are usually between 1.5 and 1.8 ohms and I generally vape 14 or 15 watts. Thanks!

I just got mine today, but after trying to do dual-coils in it ( mega-fail, too little airflow ) I gave up and just did a single microcoil, and couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Wrapped a 9/8 MachTechVpr-style microcoil around a 2mm mandrel with 26ga Kanthal, comes out to about 0.9 ohms. I left the legs long and mounted it horizontally ( through the holes, not around the posts ) with a good chunk of space between the air-shaft and coil.

This setup puts out more vapor at 13 watts than a 0.8 ohm dual coil setup on my Fogger v4.1 did at 20 -- probably because it's the best coil I've ever made, heats up super-fast and evenly. If I tried a similar configuration in the Fogger I'd be vaping super-dry cotton taste.

Kayfun v3.1 >>>>> Fogger v4.1 IMO

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got mine today, but after trying to do dual-coils in it ( mega-fail, too little airflow ) I gave up and just did a single microcoil, and couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Wrapped a 9/8 MachTechVpr-style microcoil around a 2mm mandrel with 26ga Kanthal, comes out to about 0.9 ohms. I left the legs long and mounted it horizontally ( through the holes, not around the posts ) with a good chunk of space between the air-shaft and coil.

This setup puts out more vapor at 13 watts than a 0.8 ohm dual coil setup on my Fogger v4.1 did at 20 -- probably because it's the best coil I've ever made, heats up super-fast and evenly. If I tried a similar configuration in the Fogger I'd be vaping super-dry cotton taste.

Kayfun v3.1 >>>>> Fogger v4.1 IMO
That's great! My .09 build melted the little white insulator under the deck..had to order a couple replacements at $7 bucks apiece..be careful..

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a mech it's almost 200 watts. In a kayfun that's so dumb it's funny.
Sorry about that! It was a typo..meant to say it was a .9 ohm build, but it still melted that little white insulator.. Was running it on my 26650 BFM copper mech....
Can't chain vape it as I found out, in fact I'm not vaping it at all anymore.... Went back to my Stillare V3, and the rest of my RDA's...Kayfun is sitting back on the shelf.....lol

Last edited:
D

Donald Bickers

Sorry about that! It was a typo..meant to say it was a .9 ohm build, but it still melted that little white insulator.. Was running it on my 26650 BFM copper mech....
Can't chain vape it as I found out, in fact I'm not vaping it at all anymore.... Went back to my Stillare V3, and the rest of my RDA's...Kayfun is sitting back on the shelf.....lol

I vape @.9ohm all the time on my kayfun lite.it preforms great that way,,,,,i try to get 1.0 but you know how it goes sometimes

VU Sponsors