Become a Patron!

Inawera Cactus

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got some email spam from Nicotine River offering this stuff for 30% off. Anyone have any experience with this flavor?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. Use it quite a bit. Sweet and fruity and makes a "juicier" vape.

But, I got that email too. Makes me wonder if they are proactively reducing their overstocked inventory, or are they dumping a sub-par batch of cactus.

Seems everything I buy vape related on sale, there is a reason the price is reduced.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

But, I got that email too. Makes me wonder if they are proactively reducing their overstocked inventory, or are they dumping a sub-par batch of cactus.

Seems everything I buy vape related on sale, there is a reason the price is reduced.
Was wondering the exact same thing, I'll stick with BCF.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks. Certainly wouldn't be worth the dollar or two saved if that were true. All my Inawera flavors appear to be re-packs from BCV, and never had an issue so I'll just stick with what I know...but that flavor is on the list for next order. :)

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cactus I have is from nic river and no problems. Just get sceptical with "discounts".

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's one of those flavors that most people love, and I wasn't crazy about it. Just IME, it took over, and I got a weird aftertaste from it. Most people disagree with me, though, LOL.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's one of those flavors that most people love, and I wasn't crazy about it. Just IME, it took over, and I got a weird aftertaste from it. Most people disagree with me, though, LOL.

I totally agree with you. It does indeed give a juicier aspect to your mix but it just has a weird overpowering taste that I dislike. I'm glad I'm not the only one because I was starting to feel crazy after all the praise it gets.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yup same here, just another one collecting dust:(.
Thought I was the only oddball too after so many good reviews...

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah crud, so it's like cactus juice in your cherrios? Just got some in the mail, should I just toss it in the trash?

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kactus is good! Just know how to use it. The learning curve though is knowing what percentage you like it. I'm very sensitive to it and thus have always worked with a .25% dilution. I use that dilution from .25-.5%. With that starting point though it has found its way into my Strawberry Kiwi, Grack and Raz Lemonade.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, there are things that I love.

Well, I love Tacos! Cactus is also called nopales and I've enjoyed that ingredient in tacos.

000aaa nopales Los Amigos Al Pastor, Mole, Nopales.jpg

Just an idea if you don't wish to continue using it in your vape juice. :)

Ron
---
"In time, all things work to your advantage when you pursue them with an open heart."- Miyamoto Musashi

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well, I love Tacos! Cactus is also called nopales and I've enjoyed that ingredient in tacos.

View attachment 76228

Just an idea if you don't wish to continue using it in your vape juice. :)

Ron
---
"In time, all things work to your advantage when you pursue them with an open heart."- Miyamoto Musashi
born and raised in new mexico, anything taste great in tacos :) except fish. the flavoring taste more like the red fruit

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
born and raised in new mexico, anything taste great in tacos :) except fish. the flavoring taste more like the red fruit

Since I've heard the most asked question in New Mexico is..."Red or Green"...I don't doubt you at all.
:yes:

Ron
---
"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run."- Babe Ruth

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Since I've heard the most asked question in New Mexico is..."Red or Green"...I don't doubt you at all.
:yes:

Ron
---
"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run."- Babe Ruth
mmmmmm hatch green chilie. .... that probably is the most asked question in new mexico. the question we get asked the most by others though is ... soooo , your from mexico? when we moved back last year our phones didn't get service here. sprint told me i needed internatinal roaming :headbang:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
...when we moved back last year our phones didn't get service here.

While I can only speculate that it may be a component of spaceship fuel; I am confident the reason New Mexico is so popular with aliens is the availability of Hatch Chile's. I guess phone service could also be negatively impacted by the large amount of UFO activity there.

I mixed INW Cactus as a single flavor a few years back. It was ~okay~, but fell by the wayside. I'm glad to learn that a touch of it can improve other mixes.

Be careful! One can't be sure that visitors from far far away might soon be visiting New Mexico to seek out experienced vape juice mixers! :eek:

000aaaabducted.jpg

Ron
---
"There is nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on."- Rod Serling

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad to learn that a touch of it can improve other mixes.
I do believe it can really be of use, for at least that, for anyone not crazy about it. I think I'm just sensitive to a handful of flavors, that being one of them. HIC used the word "bully" for a particular flavor, at one time. That's how Kaktus is for me, LOL.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got some INW Cactus but am not sure how I feel about it yet. It certainly has an interesting smell. I put a few drops in a small amount of juice I had left in a bottle. While it wasn't bad it changed the flavour quite a bit. I just made 30ml of a fruit mixture and put Cactus in at .5%. Initial taste wasn't overwhelming and I could basically taste the original recipe. I'm going to let it steep for a couple days and see how it turns out.

I think it seems to make the vape juicier because it makes you salivate more. I almost felt like I was drooling. :p

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, i have a question: How would Kaktus impact a flavor like Cucumber? I'm trying to make something like a Celery. or would it make it too fruity?
I have this fun idea to make "ants on a log"(celery with peanut butter and raisins) into an e-juice for some reason.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So, i have a question: How would Kaktus impact a flavor like Cucumber? I'm trying to make something like a Celery. or would it make it too fruity?
I have this fun idea to make "ants on a log"(celery with peanut butter and raisins) into an e-juice for some reason.

If you actually want celery flavor, get FlavourArt Ozone. I've been waiting forever for someone to want celery just so I can mention Ozone. lol

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you actually want celery flavor, get FlavourArt Ozone. I've been waiting forever for someone to want celery just so I can mention Ozone. lol

So....Instead of ...

https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/savoury/celery-flavor-oil-soluble/

...I'm guessing FA Ozone is FA's response to the massive and overwhelming demand from the vaping community for a safe celery flavoring.... :D

Ron
---
"It's like gambling somehow. You go out for a night of drinking and you don't know where your going to end up the next day. It could work out good or it could be disastrous."- Jim Morrison

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For celery, I'd actually start with INW Rhubarb. To me it already tastes like celery. I'd pre-dilute it before mixing with your cucumber, it's really strong stuff and can be disgustingly...disgusting on its own, even at sub 1%.

VU Sponsors