Become a Patron!

Inawera

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Doubtful, as I use an Achilles RDA -- full, rich, saturated flavor. To me, using sweetener is what GIVES it flavor -- without enough sweetener, I can barely taste it at all -- similar to my reaction to unsweetened tea, which to me tastes like bitter water. I'm from the "Pepsi Generation" -- weaned on Pepsi in fact, so I have an abnormal need for sweet tastes in many things, though for desserts I tend to favor the less-sweet -- muffins rather than candy bars.

Andria

Wow, using an RDA, very unusual indeed.
Thought maybe you were using a Vivi Nova:D, JK...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, using an RDA, very unusual indeed.
Thought maybe you were using a Vivi Nova:D, JK...

I used kayfuns for nearly a year, then I got an Achilles.... I've used it exclusively, since April, because I can't get any flavor out of a kayfun anymore, compared to the Achilles. Happily, someone PIFed me a 2nd Achilles a few months ago. Now I'm just waiting with bated breath for the Achilles 2 to be cloned.

Andria

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi @AndriaD - I can use ready made juices at 5% as my flavoring LOL, if I made your recipe I could use it at maybe 4%. ;) good to see you. I am ordering Vanilla for Pipe and Dark for Pipe to see if they will play well together - me and my baccy mixes. :D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used kayfuns for nearly a year, then I got an Achilles.... I've used it exclusively, since April, because I can't get any flavor out of a kayfun anymore, compared to the Achilles. Happily, someone PIFed me a 2nd Achilles a few months ago. Now I'm just waiting with bated breath for the Achilles 2 to be cloned.

Andria

I can understand why you had to go with dripping as it's usually the most flavorful vape.
But I just can't deal with the hassle of dripping.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can still taste everything at the lower amounts.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can understand why you had to go with dripping as it's usually the most flavorful vape.
But I just can't deal with the hassle of dripping.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can still taste everything at the lower amounts.

That's why I like the Achilles, it holds 2.5ml -- about the same as the T3S's I started out with. :D I agree about dripping being a hassle, but I don't have to refill the Achilles but maybe once-twice a day. Mainly I went with to RDAs from kayfuns because that strawberry & cream is my ADV, and with all that flavoring and sweetener, it's a hell of a gunker, which causes massive juice wastage when used in a tank. But it's good enough that I don't really mind; what I really minded was wasting so much of it!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi @AndriaD - I can use ready made juices at 5% as my flavoring LOL, if I made your recipe I could use it at maybe 4%. ;) good to see you. I am ordering Vanilla for Pipe and Dark for Pipe to see if they will play well together - me and my baccy mixes. :D

Hey Dixie! Great to see you too! That Vanilla for Pipe is pretty good; I used some of it in my Cherry-Vanilla Pipe Tobacco recipe; turned out pretty dang good!

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update on Inawera Purple gum. I think I need to bump it up to 3% for my taste. It does taste like grape bubble gum but I'm wanting more intense flavor.
The Inawera Lemon cake is the same. I'm going to bump up to 3% as well. I'm thinking some vanilla custard or cheesecake would compliment this flavor.
(Started out with 2% with both mixes).

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up a 4% INW Purple Gum to try a couple of days ago, haven't tasted it yet but will probably give it a go later tonight.

I have been messing with INW Waffle for awhile, strong flavor, looks to be a 1% mixer. Better than the CAP or FW Waffle, just tough to find the right % to use it at due to it's strength. Made a Waffle with Strawberries and whipped cream that's currently steeping but was pretty good as a shake n vape. I have been working on a recipe like that for awhile though, been real tough for me to find the right combo of flavors.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Update on Inawera Purple gum. I think I need to bump it up to 3% for my taste. It does taste like grape bubble gum but I'm wanting more intense flavor.
The Inawera Lemon cake is the same. I'm going to bump up to 3% as well. I'm thinking some vanilla custard or cheesecake would compliment this flavor.
(Started out with 2% with both mixes).

Ive been wanting to try the lemon cake flavor for a while, but couldn't decide on what would be good with it; today I finally ordered some LorAnn's Cheesecake and also Cream Cheese Icing; I'm thinking maybe something like Lemon Cheese Danish? I've heard that cream cheese icing is really good and really strong, which will help to pull it together, I think.

Maybe something like this?

Lemon Cake 3%
LA Cheesecake 4%
LA Cream Cheese Icing 1%
TFA Sweetener 1%

Think that needs any vanilla to pull it together? It's not much flavoring so it'll probably need to steep.

Andria

ETA: on second thought, I may keep the Lemon Cake at 2%, don't want it to be too strongly lemon.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This reminds me, still need to try my Purple Gum, been steeping for over a week, going to try it out this weekend.

Update on the INW Waffle, as a shake n vape at 1.5% it was a very nice mix in a Waffle with Strawberries and whipped cream recipe, I thought I had finally done it. Almost 2 weeks of steeping later and the waffle has pushed the strawberries and whipped cream to the side, there still there but it is a much more waffle dominated mix now......boooooooooo. It still is tasty though and I will vape the remainder of it but the combination of flavors was more distinct as a shake n vape like a restaurant dish, now it is more mushed together with the waffle being dominate. Now that I know that this waffle gets more potent with steeping I am going to cut it back to 0.50% and cross my fingers. I was really excited about that mix when I tasted it as a shake n vape, sort of bums me out the way it aged but oh well, back to the drawing board.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This reminds me, still need to try my Purple Gum, been steeping for over a week, going to try it out this weekend.

Update on the INW Waffle, as a shake n vape at 1.5% it was a very nice mix in a Waffle with Strawberries and whipped cream recipe, I thought I had finally done it. Almost 2 weeks of steeping later and the waffle has pushed the strawberries and whipped cream to the side, there still there but it is a much more waffle dominated mix now......boooooooooo. It still is tasty though and I will vape the remainder of it but the combination of flavors was more distinct as a shake n vape like a restaurant dish, now it is more mushed together with the waffle being dominate. Now that I know that this waffle gets more potent with steeping I am going to cut it back to 0.50% and cross my fingers. I was really excited about that mix when I tasted it as a shake n vape, sort of bums me out the way it aged but oh well, back to the drawing board.

Just add some more strawberry and whipped cream flavoring. Maybe you can bring it back.

Andria

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just add some more strawberry and whipped cream flavoring. Maybe you can bring it back.

Andria

The waffle is just too dominant right now and I want it more in the background, I am vaping it right now and more SB and WC is just going to sweeten up the waffle more which isn't what I want. I am pretty confident that cutting down the waffle by 2/3 is going to get me real close to what I am after.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The waffle is just too dominant right now and I want it more in the background, I am vaping it right now and more SB and WC is just going to sweeten up the waffle more which isn't what I want. I am pretty confident that cutting down the waffle by 2/3 is going to get me real close to what I am after.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I had a similar experience with INW Biscuit and blueberry flavoring... it just screamed COOKIE!!!! and just barely whimpered "and a little blueberry". :D

Andria

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, yeah, biscuit is another INW flavor that is way strong. I was thinking to dilute the waffle into 50/50 with PG to try and make it easier to mix, maybe do the same thing with biscuit. It is tough to mix these for a test batch into 15 or 30ml so maybe that would make things easier. I might try it with about 3ml to make a 6ml batch, don't want to try out too much in case it doesn't work.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hmm. I'm going to try .25% Waffle in my favorite Pecan Pie flavoring

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive been wanting to try the lemon cake flavor for a while, but couldn't decide on what would be good with it; today I finally ordered some LorAnn's Cheesecake and also Cream Cheese Icing; I'm thinking maybe something like Lemon Cheese Danish? I've heard that cream cheese icing is really good and really strong, which will help to pull it together, I think.

Maybe something like this?

Lemon Cake 3%
LA Cheesecake 4%
LA Cream Cheese Icing 1%
TFA Sweetener 1%

Think that needs any vanilla to pull it together? It's not much flavoring so it'll probably need to steep.

Andria

ETA: on second thought, I may keep the Lemon Cake at 2%, don't want it to be too strongly lemon.
Your mix sounds good.
I'm going to mix
Lemon cake @2%
Hangsen Italian creme 1% or LA cream cheese 1%
Cap New york cheesecake 4-5%
My homemade sucrolose at a few drops (No fillers)
I think it might need some cap vanilla custard or FA custard.
I have a bunch of ideas. Just no time with the recent job hunting adventures.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your mix sounds good.
I'm going to mix
Lemon cake @2%
Hangsen Italian creme 1% or LA cream cheese 1%
Cap New york cheesecake 4-5%
My homemade sucrolose at a few drops (No fillers)
I think it might need some cap vanilla custard or FA custard.
I have a bunch of ideas. Just no time with the recent job hunting adventures.

I generally stick with TFA Vanilla Swirl; it's supposed to be the diketone-free version of their Vanilla Custard, but I really find it more vanilla-y than custard-y, and it's sweet, which helps with my massive sweet tooth, not needing to add so much sweetener. Maybe I'll use a couple of percents of that, to help "fill out" the recipe, keep it from needing FOREVER to steep. Maybe some CAP Sweet Cream too. I also thought of the FA Custard, since I''ve heard that it has a lemony note to it, but I don't really want to enhance that profile, since I'm hearing that the Lemon Cake is pretty stong -- lemon isn't one of my favorites, but it does enhance some types of flavors, and anything cream-cheese is good with tart flavors. Once I get more familiar with the Lemon Cake, I'll have a better idea of how I could use it with a blueberry-lemon muffin type of thing.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol, yeah, biscuit is another INW flavor that is way strong. I was thinking to dilute the waffle into 50/50 with PG to try and make it easier to mix, maybe do the same thing with biscuit. It is tough to mix these for a test batch into 15 or 30ml so maybe that would make things easier. I might try it with about 3ml to make a 6ml batch, don't want to try out too much in case it doesn't work.

I've actually been in another discussion about that Biscuit, where it was proposed to make a 10% mix of it, and use THAT in recipes, the flavor is so dominant. Never did actually get that far; the flavor I was trying to get to was something like "blueberry muffin," but was having zero success, so I gave up and went on to something else, else I get sick and tired of failing at DIY; which was a good choice, the next thing I went to was that strawberry & cream that's been my ADV for over a year, clearly a rip-roaring success. ;)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
of all the inawera I have tasted and all the hype I have heard about it I dont get it. if you like cough syrup its totally what you want. ha ..... kidding. I heard steeping helps inawera, personally I grab my capellas before inawera, just dont think I have got the hang of inawera yet maybe. chocolate cream is the only one I like. but if you like candy get it. inawera banana is like pouring 3 bags of banana runts in your mouth at the same time. bleh..................

edit....... never tried the tobaccos tho
Tried about 10 Inawera fruit flavors. Horrible stuff to me not much flavor just chemical taste. Even with the Shisha Strawberry which many rave about was no good for me.
CAP, FA and FW for me.

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've actually been in another discussion about that Biscuit, where it was proposed to make a 10% mix of it, and use THAT in recipes, the flavor is so dominant. Never did actually get that far; the flavor I was trying to get to was something like "blueberry muffin," but was having zero success, so I gave up and went on to something else, else I get sick and tired of failing at DIY; which was a good choice, the next thing I went to was that strawberry & cream that's been my ADV for over a year, clearly a rip-roaring success. ;)

Andria
Would you be willing to post your Strawberry&Cream ADV?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would you be willing to post your Strawberry&Cream ADV?

Sure!

Strawberry & Cream
Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.5%

Actually I use 3% sweetener, but only if I'm making 30ml or less -- if making more, then I use 2.8% sweetener, and add just a bit more to the first I use out of it -- it gets sweeter, then longer it sits, and it's pretty sweet to start with. It's at its best about 3-5 days after mixing, but perfectly vapable right after mixing.

The odd amounts are because I was trying to scale down some of the gunk factor, but still have it just as yummy. It did help with the gunking a little; it only needs a rewick and dry-burn every other day, instead of every 12-24 hrs. I get lazy, and usually only get around to it about twice a week. :D

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally nailed a blueberry waffle ! I vape Blueberry K as a standalone at 1 drop to 10 ml of unflavored. Added 5 drops of Yummy Classic Waffle. BAM !! Gonna try Raspberry K next. Lol

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Artemis

I got the Black for pipe flavor. I tasted a drop on my finger, and it seems good : dark, dry tobacco, with a leathery note. I will try it as an additive in my tobacco mix.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Artemis

I re-tasted it... This time I got a leathery, and salty note... not so appealing finally, but as an additive, maybe.

VU Sponsors