Become a Patron!

Index link broken?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since late last night, I haven't been able to access the forum index, I'm not sure if all of the links to the index are broken, it's something with the way it redirects, or perhaps some kerfuffle on my end, but none of the links to the index are working for me.

It loads the layout and menus, but where the index should be, it shows the message "The requested page could not be found." It seems that I'm just being redirected to a standard error page.

Now, if I go into my notifications, open a thread, and click on the link to the index for the subforum that the thread exists in, I can access that index and see all of the topics. For instance, if I go into my notifications and load up the music thread in GD > Non-Vaping Related, I can access the index for the Non-Vaping Related subforum by clicking the link, "Non-Vaping Related" in the little "Home > Forums > SECTION > Subforum" breakdown at the top of each page.

So it seems only the main index is being affected by this. The problem is... ...this roundabout method of following chains to get around is literally the only way I can find to access subfourms at all.

I actually got to making this topic by doing a search for the term "bug" and limiting it to this subforum, loading the first thread listed, and using the process above to get to this subforum. It's just very difficult to browse the forums this way.

Last edited:

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Checking this now. As far as I can tell I'm not able to replicate this issue. Have you tried the usual clear cookies (to beginning of time) along with other browser cache related files?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checking this now. As far as I can tell I'm not able to replicate this issue. Have you tried the usual clear cookies (to beginning of time) along with other browser cache related files?
Yep, first things I tried. After that, I updated everything, tried different browsers, and even the same browsers on different OS's. That was last week. Nothing changed...

...until tonight. It's suddenly started working again. I'm still not sure what happened or why, but I suppose this is resolved. I'm just glad I don't have to jump around with the quick nav anymore.

Reactions: CJ

VU Sponsors