Reviewer

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 on Temco. I order my Kanthal direct from them and have always been happy. @Z3vapor, I suggest starting with 30 or 28g Kanthal for beginners. Once you get the hang of simple builds, 28g is great to twist with and start more complex builds. Once you're comfortable/experienced building with thinner gauges, then move up to 26g and repeat the process. Watch your ohms and use an ohm meter to check your coil resistance on each and every build. Get a multimeter and learn how to check your resistance and battery voltage with it. Last, but definitely not least, stay in a safe resistance zone for the amp rating of your batteries! Hope you have fun! I know I have.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I go with Temco, period! I got to say, Kanthal ain't always equal and while Lighting Vapes has great prices and I have bought from them before, for some reason I get hot spots with their Kanthal. Some may say it's all the same and I will say, cool, then I will get it form Temco!

Does anyone know if LV's Kanthal is pre-annealed? It doesn't say so where Temco does say so. I have much better luck with LV's Kanthal when I torch it, so maybe that's the difference? Either which way, I go with Temco.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. I'm about to order some Kanthal on ebay and a few drippers on Fasttech. I'm still trying to figure out what size Kanthal.

Here are the drippers: IGO-L and Kenith V2
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1400500
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1772202

It all depends on what you're going after and what you got powering your coils. I'd say try the even numbers and get some in 30, 28, and 26 to start out. I honestly like 27 gauge as that is a very nice middle ground between low and high with great flex and stiffness to get in to and hold its shape.

RoofMonkey911

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go with Temco, period! I got to say, Kanthal ain't always equal and while Lighting Vapes has great prices and I have bought from them before, for some reason I get hot spots with their Kanthal. Some may say it's all the same and I will say, cool, then I will get it form Temco!

Does anyone know if LV's Kanthal is pre-annealed? It doesn't say so where Temco does say so. I have much better luck with LV's Kanthal when I torch it, so maybe that's the difference? Either which way, I go with Temco.
I don't think LV's Kanthal is annealed.

Jonothon Forsgren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go temco. I buy from the manufacturer all the time.
Here's the breakdown on wire directly from temco if you buy 250ft spools. Bought all of these at the same time, but I forgot if they did a bulk discount. My shipping was $3.50. Total came out to just over $70 and I'm set for a LONG time.

32 Guage - $0.05/ft
30 Guage - $0.06/ft
28 Guage - $0.08/ft
26 Guage - $0.09/ft

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nothing wrong with Lightning vapes, its wire, it's kanthal, and works just fine. !00 foot spool will last me forever. Coils last me a couple of months.
If you need to pre anneal take a torch to it. It ait rocket science.

VU Sponsors