Become a Patron!

Inner diameter and flavor

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a tsunami 24 and am wondering what inner diameter coil I need to use for it. Since its large in diameter am I gonna benefit as far as flavor with a 3.5mms Id?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me the ID is determined by the OHMs of the coil and wire used to make it. And to some extent the build space, but that mainly applies to small atties. Mainly OHM or for you regulated type wattage or heat. Lower the ohm or hotter the coil, the bigger the ID I use. I also try to target my coils to a minimum of 5 wraps and a max of 10, so I will adjust ID to maintain counts. Basically, when I start getting dry hits... that rewicking doesn't fix. I go to a bigger ID.

Last edited:

Telefunkin U47

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally I like 2.5 coils for flavor. Only time I really go bigger is complicated builds that would come in to low for resistance. Currently using hand wrapped 26g SS 34g kanthal claptons at 3mm in a Griffin 25 with great flavor. Really just a personal choice, smaller coils will still perform in the bigger setups in my opinion. I would say experiment and good luck!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
3.5 coils would be perfect for flavor, and thick moist clouds. 2.5 and 3's don't cut it for me now. It's like flavored air ! :giggle:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3.5 coils would be perfect for flavor, and thick moist clouds. 2.5 and 3's don't cut it for me now. It's like flavored air ! :giggle:

As you will see there is no right or wrong answer to the question. As I would have the exact opposite opinion. I hate the taste of juice. My goal is flavor full air. I want to taste the flavor not the media in which it is carried.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got a tsunami 24 and am wondering what inner diameter coil I need to use for it. Since its large in diameter am I gonna benefit as far as flavor with a 3.5mms Id?
Yes. Tsunami 24 is made to benefit large high power coils. Smallest ID that I would try would be 2.5mm but I would definitely try to stuff it with 4mm coils as well. It depends on your ability to drive those coils and make them shine at proper wattage. If your device is maxed out at 70Watt, there is no point of building a large "slow" coil. If you are running on a series mech... Sky is your limit.

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trial and error with less of the error part is the way to go. I hover around the 3mm area just by preference and practice. It's been my go to ID for a while now and I only deviate out of curiosity.

VU Sponsors