Become a Patron!

Innokin Coolfire TC100

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
egrip-II-060.jpg I'll soon (hopefully) have some extra disposable income and was thinking of picking up one of these. I'd love to hear from anyone that owns one and would like to chime in on what they think of it. Pros? Cons? I really don't want to go with anything more powerful or with external batteries. I'm just looking for something to compliment my Vapeberri that has a little more power. Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll soon (hopefully) have some extra disposable income and was thinking of picking up one of these. I'd love to hear from anyone that owns one and would like to chime in on what they think of it. Pros? Cons? I really don't want to go with anything more powerful or with external batteries. I'm just looking for something to compliment my Vapeberri that has a little more power. Thanks
Good mod with a great chip. The Aetheon chip is severely under rated and gets no love. It does a very respectable job in TC. I had one for about 5 months. I'll be honest. It was my beater mod. The paint was poor on it and started to flake off after a month or so. That's how it got to beater mod status. After about 5 months of ownership it just died. Contacted Innokin and their response was sorry it has a 90 day warranty. I was just sent the Coolfire 150 for review. Paint looks better and we'll see how she holds up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't comment on that particular editon of the CF4, but I have 4 of the originals, and 2 of the TC-75w-18650s, all with the full metal body -- truly awesome mods; reliable, dependable, almost impossible to kill! I dropped my very first original CF4 from about 5 ft, very forcefully with great momentum, onto my concrete driveway, and that mod STILL works as well as the day I got it, over 2 yrs ago. If I have a "beater" mod, that one would be it, though all it suffered was a small ding on the bottom edge -- it's the silver/stainless model, so there's no "paint" to chip, flake, or peel.

Andria

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone have any suggestions for a similar type mod I may have overlooked?
Not a fan of internal batteries but so far I do like the Coolfire 150. I've only had it a few days though. I've had the Smok G150 for a week or so. Great battery life. It's has an internal battery as well. TC is not the greatest though but it's really comfortable and if you buy it as a kit you get the Big Baby Beast tank. I also did a full review on the iStick QC by Eleaf. If you're into a MTL setup then the Aspire Zelos kit is worth a look as well. Here are some links.

Aspire Zelos Kit
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/330392/

Eleaf iStick 200 Watt QC Kit Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/328394/

Hope this helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had 2 of the origionals...Both made it a full year before they spent more time charging then vaping and I retired them with full honors.

But I replaced them with an Eleaf Ipower 80 because of the 5000 mah internal battery. I charge every other day vaping 22 watts at an Ohm. Ive had them about 11 months now and neither of them have so much as hiccuped. If the Ipower can be had for fewer dollars consider it.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have one and use it as a beater mod. Mine has been well abused and the paint still looks like new. Very rugged, and performs temp control well but seems a little warm when running titanium coils. All things considered, the TC100 or any of the Innokin mods would be a good workhorse mod.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the look of that blue one. Would the big baby beast tank be a good fit for this mod?

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So many choices, tough decision.

Right now I use a Dovpo Vapeberri as my main device. 40W, .5 ohm coils and a good little device for what it is. My two back ups are a Kangertech Subvod and a Joyetech Ego AIO. Love them both. I was looking for something similar to these but maybe something a step or two up without getting too complictated. I'm not really looking to start building coils yet and don't really want to make the extra investment in all the extra batteries and chargers. I just wanted to take my vaping experience to the next level.

Last edited:

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You're not doing too badly with your setups right now. What to buy and use on a daily basis will be purely up to the way you want to vape. For instance, I myself have setups that range from a Kayfun Mini v3 with a 1.5 ohm 28 gauge coil vaping it at 12 watts, to a Cleito 120 .15 ohm coil being vaped at 90 watts. Some days I like to fog up a room, some days I just want to satisfy my desire for some nicotine and enjoy the taste of the e-liquid. For a simple, inexpensive setup that will allow you to vape in any manner you want to, and does it all very well, with a built in battery that you said you wanted, it's going to be hard to beat the Innokin MVP4.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're not doing too badly with your setups right now. What to buy and use on a daily basis will be purely up to the way you want to vape. For instance, I myself have setups that range from a Kayfun Mini v3 with a 1.5 ohm 28 gauge coil vaping it at 12 watts, to a Cleito 120 .15 ohm coil being vaped at 90 watts. Some days I like to fog up a room, some days I just want to satisfy my desire for some nicotine and enjoy the taste of the e-liquid. For a simple, inexpensive setup that will allow you to vape in any manner you want to, and does it all very well, with a built in battery that you said you wanted, it's going to be hard to beat the Innokin MVP4.
What tank would you recommend going with? The iSub V maybe?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any other suggestions?

My favorite mods are Sigelei Minibooks. Sigelei makes either a) total crap, or b) truly outstanding devices, and all the Minibooks I own or have owned have been the latter, though not quite as durable as the original Coolfire IVs -- I recently dropped my white minibook while juggling keys and mod in a parking lot, and it killed the screen -- the mod still worked, so we didn't have to run right home for me to get another, but the screen didn't work at all. So I bought another, just like it. :D

They're getting harder and harder to find for a reasonable price; I got my most recent one at a place called VaporKart, in California -- $29.99, just the mod with the usuals -- silicone sleeve, lanyard, USB cable. It's a 40w mod, and will do TC with one of the nickel-type wires, I'm not sure which; I don't use TC, just wattage at my low levels (<10w). But the enameling on these mods is simply amazing, better than a car's finish, and the "opening book" battery replacement is sweet, the magnetic door quite strong; the 510 is stainless, as with the old Zmax's (my first Sigeleis, also in the "great" category!).

A place called raindropvape.com may still have some red ones, and that red is truly gorgeous; deep and metallic, almost glittery. Theirs were only $24.99.

Andria

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would be much more concerned with great flavor and much less concerned with fogging up a room. To me, flavor is #1,

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would be much more concerned with great flavor and much less concerned with fogging up a room. To me, flavor is #1,

Likewise! My asthma forbids a lot of heat or vapor anyway, so it's fortunate that I care a lot more about flavor and TH, than lots of vapor. In fact when VaporKart emailed me asking me to review my recent purchase, I asked them to PLEASE not stop carrying lower-wattage mods, just because the mod makers are going into the stratosphere with wattage, because some of us are more interested in vaping and not smoking, than in becoming human fog machines.

Andria

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For flavor and the ability to get a versatile satisfying vape, with coils that are available everywhere in every material you can think of, the old Kanger subtanks Minis are hard to beat. There's a reason why they are still on selling like hotcakes, or if top fill is a necessity, the Kanger Protank 4 which uses the same coils as the subtank Minis.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Really enjoyed my Innokin 40 watt models but I would rather be able to use my own batteries, I think for the price point they are a Bargin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think it's good to have a mix of internal-battery and external-battery mods -- and you're right, for internal-battery mods, those original CF4s are TOPS! I mainly acquired a slew of external-battery mods after acquiring 4 of the original CF4s, so the CF4s would live longer, and not get worn out so fast. :D I also have a couple of the 75w-TC-18650 CF4s, which also have the full-metal body, but they don't have a USB port which is really handy if you have a brainfart and forget to put in a new battery. :giggle:

Andria

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Would the Kanger Protank 4 be a good fit with the MVP 4?

Yes It would be a fantastic tank for the MVP 4, with all of the coil options available for that tank, you would be able to take advantage of everything that mod has to offer. (Temp control when you decide you want to try it, enough wattage to handle any of the available Kanthal coils, etc.)

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's a good performing, rugged setup with incredible battery life, great performance whether in temp control or variable wattage, coils available everywhere, and for less than $90.00. You can't go wrong. All you'd need after that is juice.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And, I have a ton of juice already on hand so I should be good to go. I might just pick up something special for a new rig though. :cool:

Which coils would you recommend for the most flavor?

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So many choices, tough decision.

Right now I use a Dovpo Vapeberri as my main device. 40W, .5 ohm coils and a good little device for what it is. My two back ups are a Kangertech Subvod and a Joyetech Ego AIO. Love them both. I was looking for something similar to these but maybe something a step or two up without getting too complictated. I'm not really looking to start building coils yet and don't really want to make the extra investment in all the extra batteries and chargers. I just wanted to take my vaping experience to the next level.
I my opinion and hands on experience I would choose the Innokin Product over an evic product , The 100 Coval carries is a nice mod and dollar for dollar your getting a quality mod.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They're not bad performers, the problem is finding coils. Here in San Antonio, there's not many places that carry any Innokin coils.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious from anyone that has one and uses it. How good are the iSub tanks?
(I'll pop in here to get a word in between the Vendor who is trying to sell you his stuff)
Hey white , I have a few of the Isub tanks, I like the Isub V tank for sure, I vape on it quite a bit and it is a work horse, I have had it also on my coolfire and looks a lot better than the one that came with the mod seen here.
thumbnail_IMG_1491_zpsauxlaq4v.jpg

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
(I'll pop in here to get a word in between the Vendor who is trying to sell you his stuff)
Hey white , I have a few of the Isub tanks, I like the Isub V tank for sure, I vape on it quite a bit and it is a work horse, I have had it also on my coolfire and looks a lot better than the one that came with the mod seen here.
My apologies Sir. All that I said was that it was a good tank but no one carries the coils in San Antonio,that's why I don't use mine anymore. As for trying to peddle my stuff, if you take a look at my posts you'll see numerous times where I refer people to other shops for what they are looking for.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My apologies Sir. All that I said was that it was a good tank but no one carries the coils in San Antonio,that's why I don't use mine anymore. As for trying to peddle my stuff, if you take a look at my posts you'll see numerous times where I refer people to other shops for what they are looking for.
It's all good, I am a her, not a sir :giggle::cheers:

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool, thanks Whiskey. If you were going to buy the MVP4, which tank would you go with?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For myself I would put the Aspire 120 tank on it , the beauty in this we have a lot of different models to choose from. I remember Whiskey was a die hard dripper and I'm glad she found some Sub Tanks that work for her.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors