Become a Patron!

Innokin MPV 2

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3 Weeks into my vaping journey and I just purchased a MPV 2. The thought just kept burning in my head and I had to do it. Really looking forward to seeing what this Mod has to offer and see if it is as good as what everyone has been saying about it.

I got it with an IClear 30 Tank on it. Would like some feedback on this particular tank and if I should continue to use this brand, go with an Inspire Nautilus or stay with my trusty leaky Kanger tanks.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing wrong with the Iclear 30 and the MVP together. Plenty of folks use that combo. Aspire Nautilus mini would look good on the MVP.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, just couldn't leave it well enough alone, huh? :)

I took about that much time to go from an Evod to a Spinner to an MVP 2. I say try it first and see how it works out for you. It wasn't for me, so I promptly replaced it with a Mega AeroTank, and I'm currently using a Nautilus on it.

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL...I just ordered the iClear 30S to go with it from MVS. I like the way that looks rather then the octopuss looking tank that will be coming with it.

My wife is asking if it will ever end.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
congrats on your MVP2 purchase....i hope you love it as much as i do mine. however, i don't care for the IC 30 tanks they include. they are juice suckers with their mop like wicks. if you don't feel like spending so much for a nautilus, go with aspire mini vivi nova bdc. no leaks, no gurgling, lots of flavor. with your MVP, you will want to run them at about 9 - 9.5 watts. happy vaping :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
congrats on your MVP2 purchase....i hope you love it as much as i do mine. however, i don't care for the IC 30 tanks they include. they are juice suckers with their mop like wicks. if you don't feel like spending so much for a nautilus, go with aspire mini vivi nova bdc. no leaks, no gurgling, lots of flavor. with your MVP, you will want to run them at about 9 - 9.5 watts. happy vaping :)

edit: oops i was too late, you already ordered something else. oh well.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am always open for suggestions Kelli. I am looking hard at the nautilus tanks. The Mini ViVi Novas are worth looking in to?

yeah i like them cause the drip tips are removable. i have a bunch of aspire ET-S's but they have metal drip tips that aren't removable. they are good tanks, i just don't care for metal tips. :)

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I am kinda liking the removable tips as well. The Kanger's work well for me but do not like the flooding issues that come with them.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I am kinda liking the removable tips as well. The Kanger's work well for me but do not like the flooding issues that come with them.

which kanger tanks are you using? my T3's were gurgly as all hell, but the mini protank 2's were lots better. but the aspire tanks are even better IMO. :)

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did nearly the same thing. I got an MVP2 with the iClear 30 as my second PV but I did it after 4 weeks not 3 :D
Actually my brother usually uses the MVP as the first PV I got was a knock of ego twist and it did not hold up well so I got a Spinner 2. I like the smaller size as I go to work way too much so the smaller size is better for me. I use the iClear though and I have liked it really well.. Good vapor and not as finicky as the Aspire BDC tanks I set up with my first twist(got 4 mini vivis and 2 Et-s plus a couple of CE5) The aspire can get flooded when it changes from a cool location to a warmer one or if I am pulling too hard when I vape and for some odd reason right when the juice level gets to the point where the head meets the stem in the tank???. I have gotten the little nuances down for the Aspires now and they treat me well when I treat them well..

The only little issues with the iClear is it can gurgle just a little does not really reduce vapor too much just a bit annoying and I find that just taking the tank off and clearing the little drop of juice off the 510 connection clears it right up. I have not had much luck finding good prices for replacement coils though so I may not stick with it too long. Especially as VaporJoe posted that freedom smokes was doing a half off deal on their coils. I went and checked but they did not have the iclear 30ones only S and B. They did have the Aspire BDC ones AND the new BVC. I was surprised they had the new BVC coils half off already and when I checked about a Nautilus tank they had the regular tank on sale like half off as well $16.00 SOOO getting 10 more BDC coils for my plethora of tanks and a Nautilus and 10 BVC coils all at half off!!! *Thank you Joe!!*

Have a great Vaping Journey and you should enjoy the iClear30 it is a pretty good tank! Just maybe hard to get coils for.. :mad:

-=|Brutus

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't see the BVC coils on the Myfreedomsmokes site. Only the BDC

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The MVP2 w/ iclear30s used to me my absolute fave setup about a year ago, stuck with it for quite a long time until I ventured into rebuilding. Nevertheless, the MVP2 is a solid device, no pulse width modulation and you "can" go as low as .8ohms (however, you will not get the true wattage setting at that resistance)

As for your tank, give the 30s a good trial first, set a benchmark for what you like and don't like. If you use light to no colored e-juice, the coil will easily last you around 50 refills which is what I usually got. I would do a dry burn and cleanout around the 20-25 refill mark though.

If you find you don't like the 30s and want something that's currently considered the best clearomizer, check out:
http://www.beyondvape.com/store/all-tank-devices-c-21_65/beyond-vape-silo-tank-kit-p-1638.html

Basically, its a vastly improved Nautilus tank.

KiraA713

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

If you're using Protanks, get some airflow control bases. Helps with both the draw and flooding issues.

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my MVP a couple days ago and although the iClear tank it came with is less then desirable imo, I realty like this little vaping device.

uploadfromtaptalk1409136457957.jpg

I started out using an iClear 30 and then went with an iClear 30S which was a little better in the draw but now jumped to an Aerotank and will probably be using the Aerotank exclusively for my Vaping until I find a better drawing tank.

Thoughts?

Simply Newt

Good call I think! I have gone to the same combo of MVP & AEROTANK, but if anyone gets a chance to try the Nautilus mini....pls let me know! -Karma

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good call I think! I have gone to the same combo of MVP & AEROTANK, but if anyone gets a chance to try the Nautilus mini....pls let me know! -Karma

Im expecting a Nautilus Mini any day now in the mail and will see how it stacks up to the Aerotank will sitting on the MVP2.

Will share my thoughts after trying that combo a couple days.

Simply Newt

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using 2 MVP2s in rotation since January or so. I love them. They won't roll off a desk, they last 1.5-2 days on a charge, and they are solid as hell. Both of them have been dropped, kicked, splashed, and just abused in general. They just keep on keepin' on.

I have been using Mini Pro Tank 2s on them, and I have had NO issues whatsoever. If they start acting up, I will try something different. I have the 2 iClears that came with the MVP2s. Both have been used once and then cleaned out. They now live in a desk drawer...

I've been considering buying a 3rd because I have a gut feeling that one of them is going to die soon... Anyone know who currently has the best price?

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been considering buying a 3rd because I have a gut feeling that one of them is going to die soon... Anyone know who currently has the best price?

For the Mini Protanks? Ebay is a good place to find "Authentic" Mini's. Where can I get the adaptor ring needed to use my Mini Protanks on my MVP2?

Simply Newt

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the Mini Protanks? Ebay is a good place to find "Authentic" Mini's. Where can I get the adaptor ring needed to use my Mini Protanks on my MVP2?Simply Newt

I meant that I was planning on buying another MVP2. I have 5 mini pro tank 2s in rotation and they seem to be holding up great. I don't foresee having to replace them any time soon.

Adapter ring? The MPT2s have EGO threads that work great on the MVP2. No adapters needed. Are you using the full size pro tanks?

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine on Ebay for under $40.00. Search vapingtown2013. Thats the seller. Its authentic and have had no problems with it.

Would leave a link but am on my phone right now.

Simply Newt

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MFS has a 25% off deal going on right now as well if you don't want to go the eBay route...

Im expecting a Nautilus Mini any day now in the mail and will see how it stacks up to the Aerotank will sitting on the MVP2.

Will share my thoughts after trying that combo a couple days.

Simply Newt
Thanks Newt, going to store today (thurs.) & looking at Nautilus Mini as well as other Aerotank models. With the MVP2, the only really exposed part is the tank itself, so my only reason to change will be the availability of an all stainless tank. The Nautilus Mini sells the stainless tank separate (of course! lol). Let ya know which way I go. -Karma

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, thank you gents.
I decided to go with the MVP2 kit with iClear30's in Black Carbon for $37.99 shipped. :D

(from VapingTown2013)

MVPtwoIclearSixteenblackCarbon3.jpg

I like that finish better as it's not slippery and it's just nice. Sorta hard to find in stock. :)

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll like it although I prefer an Aerotank over the iClear 30's. I chose the Blue one and am liking it almost better then my Vamo.

Simply Newt

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, thank you gents.
I decided to go with the MVP2 kit with iClear30's in Black Carbon for $37.99 shipped. :D

(from VapingTown2013)

MVPtwoIclearSixteenblackCarbon3.jpg

I like that finish better as it's not slippery and it's just nice. Sorta hard to find in stock. :)
Worthy choice since you passed on the Hana clone. There is quite a difference between the two, but that's what you have your mechs for :)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Newt, going to store today (thurs.) & looking at Nautilus Mini as well as other Aerotank models. With the MVP2, the only really exposed part is the tank itself, so my only reason to change will be the availability of an all stainless tank. The Nautilus Mini sells the stainless tank separate (of course! lol). Let ya know which way I go. -Karma
The Aerotanks come with both glass and still tanks... at least the Mega does.

I bought the aerotank prior to the availability of the newer version. I played with the new aerotank (2nd gen. of mine) that comes with the stainless insert that replaces the glass & if it weren't for the extreme weight difference I'd have made the investment on the spot (I was at the store I rely on locally because they're like family & treat me as such when it comes to discounting everything I buy! ie: 20-30% off their already lower than msrp pricing, their juice mixed in store for 250ml @ 18mg nic. $40.00, etc.), however when the stainless ring (comes with the 2nd gen aerotank) is inserted it increases the weight of the tank (full of juice) by nearly TRIPLE vs. the glass!!!! Any tank you use with an MVP 2 makes it top heavy already, so I didn't make the purchase.

They had a Nautilus Mini and I liked it, however the stainless tank to replace the all pyrex has to be purchased separately (as far as I know) as was the case of the full size Nautilus I have for my itaste 134 mod I keep for home use only. I'm going to give it thought over the next week or two before i decide to replace the aerotank on my MVP2.

NOTE: FOR ALL NAUTILUS USERS; I PICKED UP MY REPLACEMENT TANK FOR MY FULL SIZE NAUTILUS LAST NIGHT AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! IT IS THE SAME PYREX GLASS INCASED IN A STAINLESS "WEB". THE ORIGINAL TOP HARDWARE (STAINLESS TUBE & TOP THAT SCREW ONTO THE UPPER PYREX THAT COME WITH THE ORIGINAL SETUP) ISN'T NECESSARY WITH THE REPLACEMENT TANK!!!! Therefore the weight is nearly identical, yet much more brake resistant & less harware to burden yourself with! I'll include a pic for all you nautilus owners out there:
9ebd9f1186f77fed48b317152c137a28.jpg

The Aerotanks come with both glass and still tanks... at least the Mega does.
I bought the aerotank prior to the availability of the newer version. I played with the new aerotank (2nd gen. of mine) that comes with the stainless insert that replaces the glass & if it weren't for the extreme weight difference I'd have made the investment on the spot (I was at the store I rely on locally because they're like family & treat me as such when it comes to discounting everything I buy! ie: 20-30% off their already lower than msrp pricing, their juice mixed in store for 250ml @ 18mg nic. $40.00, etc.), however when the stainless ring (comes with the 2nd gen aerotank) is inserted it increases the weight of the tank (full of juice) by nearly TRIPLE vs. the glass!!!! Any tank you use with an MVP 2 makes it top heavy already, so I didn't make the purchase.

They had a Nautilus Mini and I liked it, however the stainless tank to replace the all pyrex has to be purchased separately (as far as I know) as was the case of the full size Nautilus I have for my itaste 134 mod I keep for home use only. I'm going to give it thought over the next week or two before i decide to replace the aerotank on my MVP2.

NOTE: FOR ALL NAUTILUS USERS; I PICKED UP MY REPLACEMENT TANK FOR MY FULL SIZE NAUTILUS LAST NIGHT AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! IT IS THE SAME PYREX GLASS INCASED IN A STAINLESS "WEB". THE ORIGINAL TOP HARDWARE (STAINLESS TUBE & TOP THAT SCREW ONTO THE UPPER PYREX THAT COME WITH THE ORIGINAL SETUP) ISN'T NECESSARY WITH THE REPLACEMENT TANK!!!! Therefore the weight is nearly identical, yet much more brake resistant & less harware to burden yourself with! I'll include a pic for all you nautilus owners out there:
9ebd9f1186f77fed48b317152c137a28.jpg
<br/>

VU Sponsors