Become a Patron!

Innokin MVP5 and Ajax Kit - A Review

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, Vapers,

100%VG here with a review of the
Innokin MVP5 & Ajax Kit. It’s been a pretty long time since my last review, but I am Proud to be doing this one! I don’t have fancy test gear to calculate things like Amperage ratings, Wattage Accuracy charts, mAh Accuracy ratings, or Temperature Control Accuracy, so this is my evaluation based on my satisfaction of usage.

I was given an MVP5 & Ajax Kit for my submission in a Giveaway, where Innokin had 2 Optional Questions, asking for Ideas and Suggestions on what Innokin could do to help us in this (what I will call) American War against Our legal nicotine e-cigarette, or vaping, products. Instead of actually Entering the Giveaway by following the posted rules to Win, I simply posted a Draft of what turned out to be the 9-page letter that I wrote and mailed to President Trump at the White House. Innokin announced me as an Additional Winner, thanked me for telling the Truth, and gave me the Kit. I was both surprised and delighted, not having expecting this, and I gratefully and thankfully accepted.

However, the fact that this was a Gift will not have any effect on my review! Never has and never will!

In the following PM, I was told that I could select the color I wanted, and I said, either the Black one or the White one, if Black was not available. I was sent and received, in like 2 days, the Beautiful White one which I have been using exclusively since October 25, so it’s nearly a month now. I offered to review it after having used it long enough to get to know all the Ins and Outs. Innokin accepted, and now I am here to tell you about it.

But first, let me present a Proper Introduction...

KgwRgKV.jpg

ve2J3at.jpg

hSVMJLT.jpg

msBlkuU.jpg

pAJ4FGp.jpg

WOte9Mi.jpg

2nhBA5y.jpg

xvSF2kv.jpg

zj32D9G.jpg

U7nMKVe.jpg

Innokin MVP5 Mod with Ajax Tank Kit

The Innokin MVP5 Vape Mod is the latest version of the famous Innokin MVP series. The MVP5 has been redesigned and updated with an all new rugged and sturdy look, which is perfect for the outdoors. The MVP5 features a huge built-in 5200mAh battery capacity. The MVP5 features three different Wattage modes along with Temperature Control and TCR mode. The MVP5 features Wattage Presets for the Innokin Ajax and Innokin Zenith/Zlide Tanks for an optimized vaping experience when using these tanks. The MVP5 features an independent flashlight design with six different light modes, depending on the situation. The MVP5 features a USB Power Bank function to recharge your cellphone, tablet, or any other USB powered electronic device. The MVP5 features a unique Sensor Suite, which includes a Compass, Thermometer, Barometer, and Altimeter Senor. The MVP5 includes a convenient USB Type-C Charging Cable Lanyard for a fast charging port. Conquer the outdoors with the Innokin MVP5 Vape Mod!

The Innokin Ajax Vape Tank features a great balance between flavor and vapor production, using the included Ajax Plex3D Coil Atomizer Heads. The Ajax features a 5.0ml e-Liquid capacity that may be filled using the convenient sliding top fill design. The Ajax is designed for direct to lung users with dual airflow slots that may be adjusted down to your personal preferences. The Ajax utilizes Ajax Kanthal Plex3D Coil Atomizer Heads that produce large amounts of vapor and pure flavor. The Ajax is topped off with a sleek Wide-Bore Resin Drip Tip and is also compatible with other 510 Drip Tips.

Features and Specs for Innokin MVP5 Mod:
  • Dimensions (inches): 3-5/8(H) x 2-1/16(W) x 1-1/16(D)
  • Dimensions (metric): 92mm(H) x 53.4mm(W) x 27mm(D)
  • 510 Threaded
  • Built-in Battery Capacity: 5200mAh
  • Wattage Range: 6 - 120W
  • Resistance Range: 0.1 - 3.5ohm
  • Three Wattage Modes: Normal, Boost, and Soft
  • Temperature Control and TCR Mode [with Memory for 4 Settings]
  • Wattage Presets for Ajax (DTL) and Zenith/Zlide (MTL)
  • Rugged and Sturdy Design
  • Independent Flashlight Button with Six Light Modes
  • USB Power Bank Function [on the bottom, for things like Charging a Cell Phone]
  • Sensor Suite: Compass, Thermometer, Barometer, and Altimeter Sensors
  • Includes (1) USB Type-C Charging Cable [Wrist Strap] Lanyard
  • Lower Rear Side] Bottom USB Type-C Charging Port
  • USB-C 2Amp Quick Charge
Please note: Temperature Control requires the use of Nickel, Titanium, or Stainless Steel Coils.

Features and Specs for Innokin Ajax Tank:
  • Dimensions (inches): 1-15/16"(H) x 15/16"(W) (Including Drip Tip)
  • Dimensions (metric): 49.2mm(H) x 23.8mm(W) (Including Drip Tip)
  • [Base] Diameter: 24mm
  • 510 Threaded
  • E-Liquid Capacity: 5.0ml Bubble Glass Tube (in Standard version. 2.0ml in TPD Compliance)
  • Sliding Top Fill Design
  • Glass Tank
  • Dual Airflow Slots
  • Bottom Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
  • Designed for Direct to Lung Use
  • Includes (1) Ajax Kanthal Plex3D Matrix Coil 0.16ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (50 - 80W)
  • Includes (1) Ajax Kanthal Plex3D Coil 0.35ohm Atomizer Head (30 - 55W)
  • 510 Drip Tip Compatible
Package Contents:

1 x Innokin MVP5 Mod
1 x Innokin Ajax Tank
1 x Ajax Plex3D Matrix Coil 0.16ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
1 x Ajax Plex3D Coil 0.35ohm Atomizer Head
1 x [Spare] Replacement 5ml Bubble Glass
1 x Packet of Spare Parts
1 x [≈12.5 inch long] USB Type-C Charging Cable [Wrist Strap] Lanyard

NOTE: The recommended High Quality 2Amp USB Charging Adapter is not included.

I’m sorry for this, but I have to present this in multiple postings to get all of the pictures in.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to begin by saying how much I Love this Innokin Kit. This is my very first Innokin product, and I am so completely impressed with everything about it! It’s my first, because I decided years ago that I only wanted Mods with removable, replaceable, rechargeable round-cell 18650 (etc.) batteries, so I have basically ignored Innokin products since January 2013, having bought my first 18650 Mod and Tank at that time. I took this route because I was tired of the non-replaceable batteries in Cigalikes and the eGo-T. Actually, this is why I did not enter the Giveaway, but only posted in it. Sorry, Innokin! My Bad! Now I know what I’ve been missing!

Innokin thought of Everything in this MVP5 and Ajax combination! .I find Many Pros to speak of (all Great stuff), I find Zero Cons, well, no Hard Cons, but 2 minor ones, and then only some Very Minor, Nit-Picky stuff as Suggestions for Improvements, all of which could probably be handled in a Firmware Update... If Innokin finds them useful enough and/or thoughtful enough, and easy enough to incorporate through Firmware. That is, I realize that it's possible that some things may be beyond the Chip's programmable abilities through Firmware. All of which I have already submitted to Innokin, who has the Engineers considering them for a Firmware Update, plus also the 2 minor cons. I’ll let you know about all of them when I hear back from Innokin about them. I was happy to see that all of these things were positively accepted for consideration, so again, I’ll go into detail about them later.

For any of you who are already familiar with Innokin products, and know about their reputation for High Quality and Attention to Detail in both Design and Included Features and Options, what can I say?...
It's an Innokin product! .
UVQ3UMj.gif
. So where do I start?

OK, first off, as said, I have a White one, and I think it’s Beautiful! Mine looks more like the first one, in both Whiteness and Marbling, but my Battery Charge Level indicator is Green, like the second one.

BqPBZS5.jpg
. . .
qSCxSuY.jpg

These are your Color Options...

75wuyXV.jpg

The feel in the hand is great to me (although, I a man and I have big hands, and I love Dual Series 18650 Box Mods). The weight is less than a Dual Series 18650 Mod (at least the 3-4 that I use most). If I had a Scale in this range, I would compare it to the Mods that I use most often. To me, it’s about size and shape of the average Dual Series 18650 Box Mod, but it is a little smaller in height, depth, and width. However, this Battery has 5200mAh!!! :w00t: This lasts me all day, especially with the Plex3D Coil 0.35ohm Atomizer Heads! I’ve been using Dual Series 18650 Samsung 30Q 3000mAh in my Mods, and changing them at least once per day, sometimes twice. I had to hit the Plex3D Matrix Coil 0.16ohm Atomizer Head (included in the box) a bit longer for a satisfying vape, but the 5200mAh battery still lasted until bed time.

I find the hard plastic body of the MVP5 easy to hold, and there’s nothing slippery, slidey about it, though I do support it with the pinky finger bent underneath it. My White one is nicely accented by Chrome (or a chrome-look) on the top and bottom, and the buttons look like chrome as well. There’s also a chrome-look to the marble-look inlays, and also in the vertically mounted black mountain range inlay on the lower front. I guess that’s an Innokin thing. The vertical grooves on the sides help make it easy to grip and hold in one hand. I generally hold it, resting in and gripped by 3 fingers of my hand, with my pinky underneath, and the screen facing me. I press the Vape/Power button with my thumb. Doing it this way makes it easy to read the screen, as I like to see the Puff Time (which doesn’t really show well below). Here are my (somewhat fuzzy) pictures that show how I generally hold it to vape (my thumb wraps around to hold it more securely when I’m not vaping)...

Click on these Thumbnails to see them full size...

upload_2019-11-22_20-19-21.png upload_2019-11-22_20-20-9.png upload_2019-11-22_20-20-56.png upload_2019-11-22_20-21-35.png

The last one lets you see the Standby screen.

The included features in the MVP5 are beyond anything I’ve seen before! I mean, this one even a Sensor Suite via MENU> SENSORS. There’s a Compass, a Thermometer, a Barometer, and an Altimeter Sensor. :w00t: To get to it, or anything in the Menu: Triple-tap the Select button to see the Menu, and then scroll through the listed features with the Up(+) or Down(-) button. Tap the Select button to enter a Menu item. If the screen is not already On, then you have to tap either the Power button or the Select button, and then triple-tap the Select button. All of this will be shown in pictures from Quick Start Guide shortly.

The MVP5 also has a Flashlight on the top, fairly close to the Ajax Tank, and an On/Off button centered on the bottom of the Mod. The Brightness can be set with a Menu that comes up on the screen, once you turn the flashlight On. Your choices are Maximum (Brightness), Mid-Range, and Minimum, and Maximum is Very Bright! I left mine on Maximum and I have used it! You can also have the flashlight send an S.O.S. signal, or set it to Beacon (flashing), or Strobe (flashing quickly). The MVP5 has a Digital Clock displayed just above the Battery Charge level bar, and I love it! Plus, having the Time, Day, and Date info so handy on the Standby screen has been very convenient many times!

The screen’s Brightness can be set in MENU> DISPLAY, though even on full brightness, it’s still not easy to read out in Sunlight. The Display Menu also has a Timing section where will find Standby and Timeout settings. Standby sets the amount of time (in seconds) that the Vape Screen stays On, showing your Vape Settings, Coil Ohms, etc., during and after taking a Puff, until the Standby screen is displayed (I have mine set to 6 seconds for this). The Timeout setting sets how long (in seconds) the Time, Day, and Date are displayed before the screen turns Off (I have mine set to 20 seconds).

Before getting more into the Menus, this picture shows the Buttons and what they are called. I made this image just for you, and I made the background a light blue, because the MVP5 is White, and the white background made it hard to see. Yes, this is all in the User Manual (Quick Start Guide), but you don’t have one, so this might be helpful...

h7LOwW1.jpg

Last edited:

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of the Menu, here are all of the Features and Settings that are available. There are Features galore, and I have suggested changes to some of them that may well be included soon (the nit-picky stuff), plus maybe one more Setting for the Clock, if Daylight Savings Time (DST) can be added. The following are images of every page (in English) in the User Manual (Quick Start Guide), as of time of posting...

2uasFLx.jpg

4MnQ8uC.jpg

HMGrrYj.jpg

c8kjPJ4.jpg

CEMKhjZ.jpg

VNnW2He.jpg

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things to mention:
  • Getting into the Menu: If the screen is dark (not displaying anything), then tap either the Power button or the Select button to light up the screen. Then triple-tap the Select button. Now the Menu is displayed. Use the Up(+) and Down(-) buttons to Navigate, and then tap the Select button to open the option you choose. I will say that the deeper you go into the Menus without making a change, just to look around, then the more times you will have to scroll back through the Menus and tap the Select button on
    UHE46fG.jpg
    at the bottom to exit the Menu completely.

• To me, the seemingly small looking Ajax Tank with a Bubble Glass Tube holds 5ml of Juice, and that’s a good thing!

• At first, I thought, Wow, only 5ml?, because I have been using 8 and 9ml (and even 10ml) Cloud Chasing Tanks with RBA Heads in Subohm Tanks and RTAs with my own builds. But these Ajax Kanthal Plex3D Coil 0.35Ω Atomizer Heads produce Great Flavor, and the Clouds are plenty big enough for me! Yet I am still getting the nicotine that I’m used to and going through less Juice than I was. I think this is Amazing, because I’ve been concerned about the amount of Juice I go through in a day, so this is a Great Solution for me! That is, I can take a 1 second to 1½ second puff on a new coil, and get plenty enough vapor for my way of vaping. As the coil gets gunked up from the Chocolate in my DIY York Peppermint Patty juice, I gradually take longer puffs, until I replace the Atomizer Head 2 to 3 weeks later.

• For me, having the Screen Colors option set to Blue greatly enhances the White/Blue Theme of my White one. Blue is my favorite color anyway, but this White/Blue Theme is just Gorgeous!

• The Battery Charge level bar uses 3 colors and changes in decreasing length during usage from the Full Charge color of Green (100 to 60%), to Yellow (60 to 20%), then to Red (20 to 0%).

• USB-C 2Amp Quick Charge ability can charge the 5200 mAh battery at up to 2 Amps. While on Charge, the Amperage In is displayed on the screen, and the Time left until 90% Charge is shown beneath it. With USB-C 2Amp Quick Charge ability, a High Quality 5V 2A USB Charger (not included) is recommended. I asked if Time left until 90% Charge could be changed to a digital Charge Percentage number, or at least display the Charge Percentage somewhere. If not where Time left until 90% Charge is now, then I thought that it might be better to have it above the Charge Level bar where the Digital Time is now.

• The included USB Type- Charging Cable Lanyard is only about 12.5 inches long in total length, so I don’t really think that calling it a Lanyard is really the right term to describe it. I cannot get it around my neck, so I see it as more of a Wrist Strap. But I told Innokin that I would never use it as a Wrist Strap, or as a Lanyard (if it was long enough for that), because I would not want to damage the Charging Cable.

• Since the Charging Cable was not shown in any pictures on the Innokin MVP5 and Ajax Tank website, I found one that shows it in the included items in the Retail Box, wrapped up and bound with a paper strap. I edited the size of the image I found to crop out some if it and to point out the Charging Cable clearly. That image is below, but the Charging Cable is really not well displayed. I mean, it’s a pretty cool Charging Cable in a Ribbon Cable design (flat, not round), with Innokin Logo and markings on it, but for me, it’s the only Type-C Cable I have. I fear that using it as a Wrist Strap and/or Lanyard (if it was long enough) would damage the wires or their connections to the plugs inside.

• I also pointed out that the Type C "Wrist Strap Style" USB Cable is only ≈10.5 inches long, with the assembly being only ≈12.5 inches long from plug tip to plug tip, and that this requires the Mod to be quite close to the Computer USB Port, or the 5V USB Charging Adapter, which is usually plugged in to a wall outlet. This presents something of a problem, as here in America, the electrical outlets on the wall are generally 14 inches up from the floor, meaning that the MVP5 has to be sitting on something close to it, or some other measure must be taken to charge it. So the MVP5, as currently packaged, does have this Charging issue, along with one other that I pointed out. This is 1 of the 2 minor issues that I mentioned.

• I also pointed out that the Type C "Wrist Strap Style" USB Cable is only ≈10.5 inches long, with the assembly being only ≈12.5 inches long from plug tip to plug tip, and that this requires the Mod to be quite close to the Computer USB Port, or the 5V USB Charging Adapter, which is usually plugged in to a wall outlet. This presents something of a problem, as here in America, the electrical outlets on the wall are generally 14 inches up from the floor, meaning that the MVP5 has to be sitting on something close to it, or some other measure must be taken to charge it. So the MVP5, as currently packaged, does have this Charging issue, along with one other that I pointed out. This is 1 of the 2 minor issues that I mentioned.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More things to mention:
  • Even though the included Ajax Kanthal Plex3D Matrix Coil 0.16Ω and Ajax Kanthal Plex3D Coil 0.35Ω Atomizer Heads are stated as being Kanthal coils, both of mine still work in Temp Control (at least well enough for me). When I install a 0.35Ω Plex3D Atomizer Head and set the Mod to Temp Control using SS316L, the MVP5 Calibrates itself to it and it works (to my assessment) just as well as if the Plex3D Coils were actually SS316L. I mean, I set it to SS316L and the MVP5 sets itself to °F and 120W Pre-Heat, and I set TC to 420°. It works fine for me like this and I feel that TC is working (at least somewhat) properly, because, if I increase 420° to 470°, I get more vapor, and I haven't burnt any cotton yet, or had any bad taste after the Tanks gets pretty empty. I told Innokin about this and now their Engineers are looking into it. But for me, I’ll continue to use it this way, or at least until Innokin tells me not to, for a good reason. I hate to mention another E-Cig Brand here, but the Smok TFV12 Coil Heads do the same thing on their Mods, so I used them this way first.

• The Ajax Tank is easy to fill. There’s an arrow on top (between 2 tiny screws) which points to the direction to push the sliding top cap, and the top opens easily, exposing a nice size fill hole. It’s great for Unicorn/Gorilla Juice bottles, and while I have not actually tried it, the fill hole looks big enough for Juice bottles that have a Glass Eyedropper without making a mess.

• There's a Packet of several kinds of spare O-Rings, a spare top cap Juice Fill Hole Seal/Gasket, and 2 tiny Screws as replacements for top cap screws on the top, in case you lose one while replacing the Fill Hole Seal.

• It was stated in the specs that the Ajax Tank Drip Tip hole is 510 Drip Tip Compatible, so I tried several of mine. While all them fit inside, some more snugly than others, some of the older ones did not seat all the way down. Looks like maybe the 510 Drip Tip hole could have been 1.5mm to 2.0mm deeper. But that’s OK by me, because I like the theme-matching, marbled-look White/Blue Resin Wide-Bore Drip Tip that is included.

• If you want a restricted airflow for MTL and you want an Innokin product, you’ll have to use a Zenith/Zlide Tank or something else, because the Airflow on this Ajax Tank does not make for good MTL. I tried adjusting the airflow several times, included shut completely, and could not find what I thought would be suitable for MTL. But this is also fine by me, because this Ajax Tank seems to have been designed for DTL (direct to lung) anyway.

• The Ajax Plex3D Atomizer Heads are very easy to install and/or replace. Simply pull on the incorporated 510 threads, or grab the circular rim between the 510 O-Ring and the Air Holes. Refer to the image I made for you below...

6IdwBXk.jpg

• CAUTION: Be careful about the way the Tank comes apart when replacing an Ajax Atomizer Head!!! .One of two things will happen when unscrewing the base from the top, of course, with the tank held upside down. Either it will come apart in the way that's needed, exposing the Atomizer Heads 510 threads and Air Holes, with the Atomizer Head seated into the bottom deck Alignment slots (as seen above), so you can easily remove the old Atomizer Head and insert a new one (which should only be done with the juice level safely below the juice slots while upside down). Look at the images above and below as references for this. Either there, Or, the whole bottom section will unscrew from the top, along with the bubble glass holding on by the top O-Ring, with the Atomizer Head inaccessible inside the Chimney, but also opening the juice the Chimney seal to the top as it unscrews from there (see the arrow pointing inside below for the location), which will make all of the juice pour out through the Drip Tip, making a big mess.

• My advice is that you make a habit of either vaping most of the juice out first, or draining most of it out before replacing an Atomizer Head. Just be careful and watch closely to see which section is unscrewing, making sure that it unscrews at the Airflow Slots Ring including the 1mm thick bottom deck, and not at the bottom of the Glass (1mm below where it should), also watching the Chimney inside at the top, and you should be fine. If you see it unscrewing from the top of the Chimney inside and you can't make that stop (see the arrow pointing inside), then you can either vape it or drain it out first. I was lucky enough when this happened to me that the juice was almost entirely gone, and it separated this wrong way. The image below will help to identify the two places that the Ajax Tank may come apart. (Sorry that I couldn't find something clearer, but I made this from the only two things I could find. The White one would have shown this more clearly, but I did what I could to point it out.)...
FeawHdA.jpg

As promised, this is the picture of everything that’s included in the Retail Box, also showing the USB Type-C Charging Cable Lanyard. You cannot see the plug ends because they are hidden inside the Clip that supplies the Lanyard’s Mod-holding loop. You cannot see it in the picture, but there's a slot in the metal on the top rear side edge in the center for the loop to be pushed through and be secured to the MVP5...

oi4Kl9D.jpg

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what Features/Options have I not mentioned yet? Let’s see, there is...

When you install a new coil (or if you remove the Atomizer and put it back On for any reason), the MVP5 will display NEW COIL DETECTED (whether it’s new or not) and display the detected Ohms value on the screen in large text, and beneath it show LAST:0.16Ω (or whatever it was) in smaller text. If you want to keep the same Ohms value and use the same MODE as last time, select SAME. However, if it’s a new coil, or, if the Ohms value is different for some reason, but you want to use the new Ohms value, then select either WATTAGE or TC MODE to save the new Ohms value and apply the Mode you selected. If the new coil is an AJAX or Z COIL Head, you can select the correct one from the Menu, and you will be configured using Wattage Mode with a Wattage Range that is limited to the Recommended Ohms Range written on the Atomizer Head.

While I have not tried anything in WATTAGE Mode yet, I have used TC MODE exclusively, and I noticed that once the wire type is selected, the MVP5 Calibrates itself to it and drops you into TC Mode, where you can select °C or °F and set the degrees you want to vape with.

When setting up the Plex3D coils for myself, I selected TC MODE (not knowing that they are Kanthal), then SS316L, and the MVP5 Calibrated itself to it, also selecting the right Ohms value, and dropped me into TC Mode at 120W Pre-Heat and (I believe it was) 420 °F. If not, then I kept °F and changed the Temp to 420°. I’ve been using it that way since, and I have also used both a 0.35Ω Plex3D Coil (first), and then the 0.16Ω Plex3D Matrix Coil that I used until replacing it with another 0.35Ω Plex3D Coil after using that one for 2 to 2½weeks, and both types performed well in TC Mode at 120W Pre-Heat and 420°. Both types also lasted me for 2 to 2½ weeks (if not more) of pretty heavy usage, vaping my DIY with Chocolate.

While I did find the way in the Manual to adjust the 120W Pre-Heat to something lower, I put it back to 120W, and I haven’t worried about the coil’s stated Wattage Ratings, because the coils are only hit with up to 120W briefly before TC kicks in and controls the applied Wattage as necessary to maintain the Temperature selected. The first one was a 0.35Ω Plex3D Coil, and it lasted around 2½ weeks or more. After that one, I put in a 0.16Ω Plex3D Matrix Coil and vaped it in TC MODE this way until replacing it. It lasted at least 2½ weeks, if not more.

In MENU> WATTAGE, you have NORMAL, BOOST, SOFT, AJAX, Z COIL, and CURVE. NORMAL is for Direct Wattage Output. BOOST supplies a 20% Boost for 2 seconds (for more flavor). SOFT reduces the Wattage by 20% and increases to the set Wattage over 2 seconds. Use CURVE to set Custom Curves for Wattage over time.

The options in MENU> TC MODE are for SS316L, TITANIUM, NI200, and TCR, where you can set the known (or desired) value for any other TC wire you may want to work with, or you can customize the setting for SS316L in TCR. There are 4 TCR Value Memory slots. And of course, you can also select between °C and °F.

In MENU> CUTOFF, you can set the amount off seconds when power will be Cutoff from the Atomizer, if you so desire. At the present time, 3 seconds is the shortestCutoff Puff time that the MVP5 can be set to. I asked for the shortest time to be 1 second, with ½ second increments up to 3 seconds, where 1 second increments will begin.

The MENU> SENSORS screen displays an full, side to side circle with a pretty cool looking Compass inside, showing the direction you are going, and there's a digital up to 3-digit number below that. 0° is marked with an N on the compass, identifying it as due North, so 180° would be due South. As you turn left or right, the direction you are going (or pointing the MVP5) is displayed in 1° increments as the compass spins. That's pretty darn precise! To Calibrate the Compass, hold the MPV5 with the screen forward, flip it forward twice and then backwards twice. Below that, there are 4 rows of information starting with the Thermometer, which is showing the Temperature in both °C and °F, ie, 14 °C/80 °F. Then the Barometer and Altimeter Sensor are below that, doing their things, but I'm not weather savvy enough to know what they mean.

MENU> SYSTEM displays CLOCK, PASSKEY, I.D. #, VERSION, and RESET. In CLOCK you can select between 12 hour time or 24 hour (Military) time, and set the Year, Month, Day, and Date, and below that you can set the Hour, Minutes, and Seconds for the correct time. I asked that Daylight Savings Time be added as another option. PASSKEY will allow you to set a Password for Security. I.D. # is your Device ID#. RESET will restore the MVP5 to Factory Settings.

When you connect something to the CHARGE OUT (POWER BANK MODE) (Insert USB Cable into Port on Base) on the bottom, the MVP5 displays the Time, Battery Capacity [decreasing charge level due to discharging], the Charging Amperage Out, Remaining Charge Time, and Total mAh Charged.

As is, before any changes that Innokin may make due to suggestions I gave them, when Charging Power is connected via the USB Type-C Port, the screen will display the charging information and give an animated charging bar at the top, to indicate that the MVP5 is indeed Charging. The Time is displayed at the top with the animated charging bar below it. In the center of the screen, there’s a large circle with CHARGING AMPERAGE IN displayed in big letters. This is the actual Amperage that the battery is taking in to Charge. The CHARGE IN circle and text color can be two colors. Green means that the Charging Amperage In is > 0.8A (greater than 0.8A). Red means that the Charging Amperage In is < 0.8A (less than 0.8A).

The Manual recommends that you use a high quality certified 5V Wall charger and the included Type-C Cable. [Personally, I would recommend a 2 Amp Charger. I have a 2.1 Amp one.] Gently insert [the supplied] Type-C [Cable plug] carefully [into the MVP5]. Replace Carefully with [insert the] connector [into the Charger]. Do not leave [the] MPV5 charging unattended. [Sorry, but the Manual needs some work.]
  • To turn the MVP5 On or Off, press the Power button 3 times [I would say quickly].

• To access the Menu with the screen already On, tap the Select button 3 times. Then use either Up(+) or Down(-) to reach the desired Menu Option, and then tap Select to enter that Menu Option. When tapping or pressing the buttons in these sequences, I find it more convenient to use my thumbnail(s). If the screen is not On, then tap either the Power button or the Select button once, and then proceed.

• Below are some MVP5 screens, starting with the normal Wattage Vape screen, then the Main Menu, and then the two most commonly used Menus...

c1Z59y7.jpg

• To change the Wattage in WATTAGE Mode, hold either Up(+) or Down(-) until the Wattage flashes. Then use either Up(+) or Down(-) to set the new Wattage [then press Select to make if take effect more quickly].

• To change the Temperature in TC Mode, Hold either Up(+) or Down(-) until the Temperature flashes. Then use either Up(+) or Down(-) to set the new Temperature [then press Select to make if take effect more quickly].

Moving on to other controls

• Set Device Lock by pressing both Select and Up(+).

• Press Select and Down(-) to View Secondary Screen Info. That’s Time, Battery Charge, Battery Voltage, Coil Resistance, Temperature [of what, I’m not sure] (in both °F and °C), Puff Count, and Date.

• Set Stealth Mode On or Off by pressing both Up(+) and Down(-). The Screen Brightness will be set to 10%.

• To change the PRE-HEAT [Wattage] in TC Mode, hold either Up(+) or Down(-) until the Temperature flashes. Continue holding and Pre-Heat [Wattage] will flash. It can be tricky to catch before it changes back to Temp Degrees, but it really can be done! Start over if you have to. Once you have it flashing, then use either Up(+) or Down(-) to set your new Pre-Heat Wattage. You can press Select to make if take effect more quickly. The Manual advises to: Start the Pre-Heat Temperature Wattage low and increase it to taste. [The Manual has an error there saying PRE-HEAT Temperature instead of Wattage.] Mine is fine at 120W, but you can adjust your as desired.

I believe that’s all of the Settings, (well, except PUFFS) and therefore all of the Features/Options.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are two Posters that are available for download on the Innokin MVP5 & Ajax Kit webpage. The Manual is also available for Download there. All three of them are included here, with the 2 Posters as a Thumbnails and the Manual in Full Size from Imgur, because I could not upload it. It failed twice...

Poster 1

https://www.innokin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/mvp5-ajax-poster-a.jpg

upload_2019-11-22_20-40-8.png

Poster 2
https://www.innokin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/mvp5-ajax-poster-b1.jpg

upload_2019-11-22_20-41-43.png

User Manual (Quick Start Guide)
https://www.innokin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/MVP5_User_Manual.jpg

77608Mz.jpg

x

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, what more is there to say? Can you tell that I am excited about this Innokin Kit?
PmDZjbQ.gif
I've been using it every day, all day, until right before bed when I put it on the Charge, and pick up another Mod and Tank to use for a few minutes until I place it on the nightstand and go to bed. I just love it! And I hope you will, too. :thumb: So feel free to join in and share your experiences with us. I'd love to hear stories from anyone who actually uses features like the Compass, the Thermometer, or the Barometer and Altimeter.
x

Last edited:

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta love a 5200mAh battery! I've cut down on the amount of juice I go through in a day, and with my vape-style and a Plex3D Coil 0.35Ω Atomizer Head, the battery is lasting me 2 whole days now before needing to be recharged. I think that's incredible!
Cm5uAqB.gif

Can't do this with a Plex3D Matrix Coil 0.16Ω Atomizer Head, because I have to hit it harder and longer, but with a Plex3D Coil 0.35Ω Atomizer Head, I can. And they gave me 2 boxes of those bad boys.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@100%VG
Wow, that's a full on review. Great.
I may have missed it, but did they make a great outdoors mod and forget probably the most important thing something like that should have, or would be expected of it, IP rated, waterproof?
Im hoping it is as its a really interesting device. I spend a lot of time outdoors.
If not then surely someone in the Innokin team after it was released did a huge Homer "DOH".

Last edited:

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@100%VG
Wow, that's a full on review. Great.
I may have missed it, but did they make a great outdoors mod and forget probably the most important thing something like that should have, or would be expected of it, IP rated, waterproof?
Im hoping it is as its a really interesting device. I spend a lot of time outdoors.
If not then surely someone in the Innokin team after it was released did a huge Homer "DOH".
Thank you @Smigo! I do love it!

Just looked it up for you here, and I see no mention of "IP rated" or "waterproof", but you could try asking them at [email protected], [email protected], and/or [email protected], and suggest it to them if it isn't, if you like.

It does look to be pretty well sealed, though, and especially around the bottom metal. It does have a sealing door flap on the USB Type C Port on the back, and on the bottom where the USB Charging Port door flap and flashlight On/Off button are. So maybe not waterproof door flaps, but the USB Ports are pretty well protected from spills.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Smigo

This will give you a look at the USB Port door flaps...

05OMwPM.jpg
Thanks for that. I got an alert from Innokin when they released it and asked but didn't get a reply. Searches gave me no idea either. I really do like the idea of those alt, temp, comp options as I do a lot of fishing and outdoors walking. I probably dont ultimately need them but would like to be able to have those to read at hand on the fly whilst out. It really does interest me. And again, you gave a great review, well above others I have read on it. I'll have another go with Innokin and hopefully get a reply. Thanks again.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that. I got an alert from Innokin when they released it and asked but didn't get a reply. Searches gave me no idea either. I really do like the idea of those alt, temp, comp options as I do a lot of fishing and outdoors walking. I probably dont ultimately need them but would like to be able to have those to read at hand on the fly whilst out. It really does interest me. And again, you gave a great review, well above others I have read on it. I'll have another go with Innokin and hopefully get a reply. Thanks again.
Thanks again for the compliments!

If you don't get any satisfaction from those 3 email addresses quickly, you also have to realize that it's Christmastime and also the Chinese Holiday that goes on for a month or more. So shoot the same message to all 3 of those email addresses and give them a little time. Let me know if you get any replies or not, and I'll see what I can do for after that...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks again for the compliments!

If you don't get any satisfaction from those 3 email addresses quickly, you also have to realize that it's Christmastime and also the Chinese Holiday that goes on for a month or more. So shoot the same message to all 3 of those email addresses and give them a little time. Let me know if you get any replies or not, and I'll see what I can do for after that...
Hi, actually got a reply. They say no dustproofing or waterproofing sadly.
How odd to make an outdoors mod with all those features yet not make it fully suited to an outdoors environment! I would have got one if it had of been for sure. Bummer.
Here's their reply.
Screenshot_20191220-144206.png

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, actually got a reply. They say no dustproofing or waterproofing sadly.
How odd to make an outdoors mod with all those features yet not make it fully suited to an outdoors environment! I would have got one if it had of been for sure. Bummer.
Here's their reply.
Yeah, it would be hard to make it dustproof and waterproof after the designing work has been done. If you don't really need it to be absolutely dustproof and/or waterproof with their associated assurance ratings, like I said, it is pretty well sealed. But if things like being dropped into the water while fishing are a strong concern, then I guess this device is not for you. But thanks for taking the time to read this review. I appreciate your concern!

Just a thought/suggestion... .Have you been able to hold one in your hand at a vape shop and check it out for yourself? If not, maybe do that before completely ruling it out. Then buy one online to get it cheaper. :D

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, it would be hard to make it dustproof and waterproof after the designing work has been done. If you don't really need it to be absolutely dustproof and/or waterproof with their associated assurance ratings, like I said, it is pretty well sealed. But if things like being dropped into the water while fishing are a strong concern, then I guess this device is not for you. But thanks for taking the time to read this review. I appreciate your concern!

Just a thought/suggestion... .Have you been able to hold one in your hand at a vape shop and check it out for yourself? If not, maybe do that before completely ruling it out. Then buy one online to get it cheaper. :D
Hi, no shops within hours drive of me to see one really that stock those. I would like those features but the real sealer for me is IP rated above all. Not dropping in water but being out on misty damp days where you could get rained on, foggy mornings fishing, dusty walk trails, dirty or wet hands. The other features I guess would be more a novelty to have and use, but I still find the idea of them being in a mod pretty cool. I am up for a new mod but its gonna be used like I said so IP rating is a must. Aegis & Wismec both have one. Minus the cool features though. Nice talking, well typing and communicating really.
Thanks for taking the time. :)

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aegis & Wismec both have one.
I hope you find the Aegis or the Wismec to be a good solution for your outdoor needs! Sorry I couldn't help you, but hey, we both tried! Good luck with that and enjoy the outdoors for everything it has to offer.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I hope you find the Aegis or the Wismec to be a good solution for your outdoor needs! Sorry I couldn't help you, but hey, we both tried! Good luck with that and enjoy the outdoors for everything it has to offer.
Thanks. Have you tried either of those I mentioned?

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Smigo,

I just saw this while looking for Firmware Updates for some Smok Mods...

SMOK MAG P3 KIT
https://www.smoktech.com/product/mag-p3-kit

MAG P3 is IP67 waterproof that can withstand water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes. And it's also dustproof (IP67) and shockproof to prevent dust ingress and accidental drop.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Smigo,

I just saw this while looking for Firmware Updates for some Smok Mods...

SMOK MAG P3 KIT
https://www.smoktech.com/product/mag-p3-kit

MAG P3 is IP67 waterproof that can withstand water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes. And it's also dustproof (IP67) and shockproof to prevent dust ingress and accidental drop.
Great, thanks for that. Never knew they did one with IP rating. I'll add that to my list and check it out. Thanks for letting me know.
Cheers.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great, thanks for that. Never knew they did one with IP rating. I'll add that to my list and check it out. Thanks for letting me know.
Cheers.
Don't know if you like MTL or DTL Vaping, but I just found this MTL Innokin Adept Zlide Kit today...

Adept Zlide Kit
Unleash the full potential of Innokin’s bestselling Zenith (Z-Coils) with the Adept! The Adept compact box mod is ergonomic and comfortable to grip. Rated IP67 Dustproof, Waterproof and Shockproof, the Adept is built strong for real life.

https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/adept-zlide-tank-kit/

https://www.innokin.com/the-innokin-adept-compact-durable-and-smart-mtl-box-vaporizer/

Enjoy easy, unbeatable MTL with the Innokin Adept and Z-Coil (Zlide/Zenith)!

Designed for real life, the Innokin Adept is a smart and durable vaporizer with a long lasting 3000mAh battery and 2Amp quick-charge. Rated IP67 dustproof, waterproof and shockproof the Adept powers through drops and accidents that break other vapes.

Amazing flavors, easy! The Adept is paired with the Z-Coils and Zenith/Zlide tanks to create unmatched flavors from your favorite eliquids. Innokin Z-coils are part of the Platform System and are designed in collaboration with vaping greats Phil Busardo & Dimitris Agrafiotis. The Zenith, Zlide and Z-Coils are the #1 choice worldwide for MTL vapers who enjoy the quality and convenience of pre-built coils.

More convenient, the Adept automatically detects and sets the wattage range for Z-Coils and other MTL coils. Simply attach your favorite Z-Coil (Zenith/Zlide) and push the select button to cycle through four optimized wattage levels on easy to see LEDs:

>1.0Ω, 11.0W-12.0W-13.0W-14.0W
<1.0Ω, 14.0W-15.0W-16.0W-17.0W

The Adept’s long lasting 3000mAh internal battery charges fast with 2Amp microUSB quick charge. The Tri-Color LED clearly displays battery level and the Adept is always ready with ‘vape while charging’ technology.

Safety is always priority and the Adept’s on-board protections include: over discharge, overcharge, over voltage, short circuit protection, overheat protection, high resistance protection and cut off protection.

Built from a tough zinc-alloy with a rubberized finish, the Adept is ergonomic and comfortable to grip and available in six durable soft-touch finishes: White, Black, Purple, Sky, Ocean and Forest Camo.

Initially available in three regional kits:

· Adept – Zlide – International Edition. Z-Coils.
· Adept – Zlide – Italian Edition. Child-resistant tank. Z-Coils.
· Adept – Zenith – French Edition. Z-Coils.

adept_1-1.jpg

adept_3.jpg

adept_4.jpg

adept_5.jpg

adept_6.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi, I love my dtl vaping. That's a great little kit though. Nice to see them do a more powerful one with vw.
I have been given an Aegis X :)
It seems pretty good, big coloured screen.
Funny because I was ready to order a Tinker 2 on sale. :D Its a little bigger than I expected it to be, not huge but for some reason I imagined it a bit smaller.
Thanks for that info and going to the trouble of posting it up.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been given an Aegis X
It seems pretty good, big coloured screen.

Thanks for that info and going to the trouble of posting it up.
You are welcome, and Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the Aegis X and it has and does everything you need!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You are welcome, and Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the Aegis X and it has and does everything you need!
Thanks, speaking of doing everything, a camera function with a screen this big would be ok.
Kidding :D

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, speaking of doing everything, a camera function with a screen this big would be ok.
Kidding :D
They're adding in new stuff all the time, so why not a camera! Why not a GPS Maps with a Speedometer, too?
Mm3Ebhb.gif

In all honesty, I wish there was a good juice level checker to tell you juice is low before you get that off/burnt taste!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Skimmed through your review. Good review just my nature to skim, reading too much has started knocking me out. These do seem to fine mods but from Innokin I wouldn't expect any less. Loved using the old MVP 3 I had way back, two or three years ago. Would love to see Innokin possibly do some form of hybrid MVP and squonking kit. I'm sure they possibly have, I've not kept abreast of their product line for a bit.

All the sensors? Goodness sake, guess they figure you're going to bug out and vape it all away. *chuckles* I have mixed feelings on adding all the extra kitchen sinks. It is a mod, it needs to fire an atty. It doesn't need to wipe my nose or make me pizza. At the same time I can see the use of some more utilitarian add-ons so I'm not exactly knocking that design path either. I'm just hoping they remember doing good what they do good.

Not sure I would purchase a kit like this any more. Nothing seems terrible "bad" or wrong with such a kit. It is that I've found a different style of vaping, and am leaning toward the practicality of it. All in I hope they sell loads of these as it looks like a good one, sorry I got sidetracked away from Innokin. Life does that sometimes.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've found a different style of vaping, and am leaning toward the practicality of it.
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you. Life has gotten in the way and I've been pretty busy with it. I'm sure you know how that can be.

If you don't mind me asking, what style of vaping are you into now? I mean, a 5200mAh battery should be able to last you quite a while. With my regular DTL Vaping style, it has lasted me 2 full days of pretty heavy puffing before needing to be recharged. And I've recently moved back to MTL to be able to properly review some MTL Devices that Innokin sent me. A 5200mAh Battery might last the better part of a week, depending on the MTL Tank, but certainly 4 days at the much lower Wattages of MTL Vaping.

Do ya feel like chatting a bit? Sorry again for the delay!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you don't mind me asking, what style of vaping are you into now?

Well, I've been squonking and dripping mostly direct lung hitting on RDAs. I do mainly sub ohm using macro-coil/s. I use mechanical mods with an 18650 battery. Find I can go roughly two days before needing a recharge. Do not think I could go back to using tanks.

Usual coil builds I do consist of 26 or 28 awg SS316L or Kanthal A1. I build in the 0.30 to 0.55 Ω range. Yes, I sub ohm but I do so with moderation and safety forefront in mind. As I said in another thread recently, I don't chase clouds or flavor but settle for a happy medium.

Most of the mechanical mods I use let me run an average of no higher than 25 watts. So it isn't that I'm vaping at high wattage. The one regulated 18650 I do currently have, the Topside Lite, can push high watts but I only use it at 16 to 18.5 watts. I do not use temperature control mode at all. I did try it but found it wasn't to my liking.

In fact, I've been a bit disappointed with my whole experience with the Topside Lite mod. Do not misread that as me knocking the mod. I'm sure people that like regulated devices would enjoy it greatly. Am sure it is a terrific device. That known it's also known that it isn't the kind of device for me. It does in my lowly opinion, "meh, okay".

I might have been plowed over by marketing hype. That happens, some times a customer makes out, some times they don't. I don't feel terrible either way. Might PIF or trade out the mod.

Last edited:

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been squonking and dripping mostly direct lung hitting on RDAs.
I understand that many people prefer Mechs and Dripping. Like you, I'm not knocking anything. If you enjoy it, then they are made for you and there's no reason to look any further. I was just thinking that the 5200mAh battery in the MVP5 might do good by you. Maybe if you were the outdoors type and the included gadgets were more attractive to you, then the MVP5 might be a great choice for long ventures into and through the great outdoors, and its 5200mAh battery would help to keep you from lugging a ton of 18650s with you. And if you bought one of those super high (3,000, 5,000, 10,000) mAh rechargeable USB charger packs that can recharge a cell phone a few times, you could even recharge it a time or two while you were out there enjoying nature.

Right now, I'm using an Innokin Kroma-R and Zlide Kit, a single 18650 Mod with Wattage and Voltage only, at 18W with the included MTL Zlide 4ml Tank, and a single Samsung 30Q 3000mAh battery lasts me for most of the day, and up to half of a second battery before I go to bed. The MVP5 would prolly last me 3-4 days at 18W, if not more. Depending on the diameter of your RDAs, they might look great on top of it (if they have a removeable squonk 510 pin). The top of the MVP5 is ~27mm wide, but the metal part (before the plastic or whatever sides begin) is about ~25mm, so a 24mm RDA would fit perfectly. Again, I was just thinking about the battery life for you.

Personally, I love Temp Control. It has saved me from singeing/burning the cotton in many of my builds and/or coil heads, and I don't really feel or taste any difference between that and Wattage Mode. I have tried Mechs and Drippers, but I love the convenience of a tank, as I find constantly having to drip every few puffs annoying, and dangerous while driving, but that's me. Different stroke for different folks. To each, his own. Right? That's why there are so many options in vaping! And it's great to know that you're not pushing your Mechs, Builds, and Batteries too far. 25W at a theoretical Max of 4.2V (minus lag) is only 5.95 Amps, so you can use some of the highest mAh 18650s out there to extend your vaping time.

I have never tried a Squonker because of the plastic juice bottles inside and the plastic feeding tube. For me, plastic taints the flavor of anything and everything, even unflavored USP. They may have come along with the plastics used by now, but my DIY Juice is a PG-Free York Peppermint Patty, made with 100% VG Nic and USP with Flavorings in Pure Grain Alcohol (I'm allergic to PG, and it tastes oily and nasty to me, even at 5%), so there's also the Peppermint that could cause issues with the plastics. If I were to ever use a Dripper again, it would be in a Squonker.

I have wondered about the trends of tanks returning to the use of plastics instead of glass. The Innokin Podin, and tiny little, but super cool, pod-style device, has a plastic pod, said by one reviewer I saw to be made of PCTG Plastic (Poly - Cyclohexylenedimethylene Terephthalate Glycol), because it has a better chemical resistance than PETG and is generally easier to process than PETG. I have never tasted the plastic in the Podin's pod, nor have I seen any melting, discoloration, or cracking from the Peppermint in over a month of use. But this is a hard plastic, so it prolly couldn't be used for a Squonker Juice Bottle. But if this has come along, then maybe something else better is being used for Squonker Juice Bottles and Feed Tubes now.

Speaking of Mechs, do you follow Battery Mooch at all? He's great about revealing the safety levels of our cylindrical (and other) batteries, and he also explorers Mechs to tell us which ones are the hardest hitting, safest, etc., and he shows where any hot spots that can develop into arcing spots are with infrared camera shots. This is his latest...

Clutch by Signature Tips, Mike Vapes, and Dovpo
Minding Your Mechs Ep025 – Clutch 21700 – Voltage drop and thermal imaging testing

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They may have come along with the plastics used

then maybe something else better is being used for Squonker Juice Bottles and Feed Tubes now.

A good number of people into squonking are using food grade silicone bottles. Any tubing for it I've used has been of the food and beverage grade silicone/rubber kind. I still use PET bottles a bit, gradually "coming around" to using the silicone bottles. The new regulated Dovpo Topside Lite uses a silicone bottle that has seemed to impress me no pun intended. I'm just not over all keen, or taking a fancy to the device.

Speaking of Mechs, do you follow Battery Mooch at all? He's great about revealing the safety levels of our cylindrical (and other) batteries, and he also explorers Mechs to tell us which ones are the hardest hitting, safest, etc

I look in on Mooch's battery information from time to time but in general do not "follow" him. Think perhaps at one point there was misunderstanding in my saying I respected his views/opinion. I also respect the views/opinions of various religious leaders but remain an Agnostic devoutly.

My only religion if you would call it that is of Love and Balance. My point being a person can hold the views and opinions of many in respect. Ultimately though it is up to each person to have their own views, thoughts, feelings. Simply respecting the views of others does not imply one follows those others as they were say a Jim Jones.

Not accusing anyone of that specifically mind you. It's merely the fact I think we've all seen how cults of persona have worked and can admit they exist. Think we each need to be careful, and remember that ultimately what we each find as being right is what we know is right for our own individual selves. Oh yes, also recall my mom's wisdom. "Son, you're unique and special, ... just like everyone else." :)

So yes, I can and do respect Mooch's opinions. Sorry though if I'm not some strung out sycophant of his. And I mean nothing negative or declaratory about / regarding him either. He may think I know nothing about mechanical mods. I might not think human beings could ever comprehend anything such as the existence of a divine god. In the end what is does not necessarily equate to what either of us think, and what is might actually be completely exclusive of what we each think. He moves in his circles, me mine. :) That's what I meant in saying I respect his views.

Last edited:

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! That's quite a detailed description of how you feel about Battery Mooch.
Mm3Ebhb.gif
I come from a technical background, having been in electronics since 1973, both repair and design. So I appreciate the lengths that he goes into to be as detailed and precise as he is about our batteries, and his depth in researching things like Mech Mods. I subscribed to his YT Video channel pretty much right after he started making them, as I used his information to find the best and safest 18650 (and now 20700 and 21700) battery for me, and the best 18650 for me is the Samsung 30Q 3000mAh in most cases. The best 21700 for me is the Samsung 30T. The 20700s I have are iJoy, but they came with the Mods, so I use them, noting the things that Mooch said to be cautious about. While I don't use Mechs, I also appreciate the precision and detail that he covers in his informational videos.

I had to look up the word "sycophant" (A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage - ass-kisser, crawler, lackey, lacquey, toady), and I really don't see how the word applies. I learn from him, just like I learned from my teachers in high school, in Navy job/work electronics training, and my professors in college (13 years after I got out of the Navy) for my BS in Electrical Engineering, and various Mentors in my life. Where Mooch is concerned, I have no wish to please him, but I do click "Like" on his YT Videos, but my only personal gain is the valuable info to be able to select the best and safest 18650 or 21700 batteries for my Mods. So I'm not some strung out sycophant of his, either. I kinda doubt that he's looking for that kind of following, anyway. But I do know of one e-cig "reviewer" who quite obviously is!!! And he thinks nothing of bashing, hounding, stalking, and ridiculing anyone who doesn't agree with him 100%!!!
...might not think human beings could ever comprehend anything such as the existence of a divine god.
I could go into detail about my personal experiences with God that have proved his existence to me, backed up by discoveries in Quantum Physics, IMHO, but I won't, because I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, so I'll stick with Different strokes for different folks. To each, his own. Right?.

Thanks for the info about food grade silicone bottles, and food and beverage grade silicone/rubber for the tubing. I will say that I bought a box of 100 30ml Unicorn Pen Style bottles from Heartland Vapes because they were so cheap at only $25 for 100, without thinking about what kind of plastic they are. I looked up the receipt just now, and they are LDPE. Wikipedia says it's "widely used for manufacturing various containers, dispensing bottles," yada. There might be better plastic or silicone for this. I bought them in January 2018, but I guess I could research it to see if what else is used to make them, or if all of them are LDPE. I have been using the same unicorn bottle for over a year, and I have wondered if the harshness I'm tasting/feeling in my throat and the dry mouth that I'm getting now are from this unicorn bottle. I'm gonna change bottles to see if it's any better and toss this one... after I empty this one. It's two thirds full and I don't want to dump 20ml of juice.
it8kbeY.gif

And your mother was exactly right in saying "Son, you're unique and special, ... just like everyone else." We are all unique and special in our own right and in our own ways! And I agree about "Love and Balance" being an important philosophical approach.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow! That's quite a detailed description of how you feel about Battery Mooch.

Can rationalize my feelings and articulate why I expressed what I did.

But I do know of one e-cig "reviewer" who quite obviously is!!! And he thinks nothing of bashing, hounding, stalking, and ridiculing anyone who doesn't agree with him 100%!!!

Yes. I had this experience from Mooch. I had mentioned I respected his views on the board here. A few days later someone points me to a video in which Mooch was seeming to cut me down. I had not and still have not said anything derogatory about him. I've only stated I respected his opinions.

As I explained though I too learn, grow in the hobby of vaping. I too look at various points of view, different opinions. I try respecting all or most of them. As you point out "different strokes for different folks", or another bit of my mom's wisdom "live and let live." So this is why I felt a need to further articulate what I stated, what was meant. Sorry if anyone took me saying I respected anyone's opinions as offensive or disrespectful. I would think though if that's the case it is on them.

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would think though if that's the case it is on them.
You got that right! But you also have to realize, accept, and admit that the written word is a much more difficult way of expressing oneself than the face to face spoken word, or even telecommunication at times, but at least there, you can respond directly to describe in more detail what you meant. Getting the exact message you want to relay across clearly is much more easily done through face to face, person to person, spoken words, as tones of voice, inflections, facial expressions, talking with the hands, body language, eye movements, and all the other different and various ways that we use to express our thoughts and emotions with the same English language while speaking, compounded by our various understandings of the proper ways to use this same English language; all or most of these human communications skills are absent in the written word.

To try to be clear about what I am trying to relate in the written word, for example, my last post took me over an hour to compose, and I still edited it twice before I was done. I don't like to quickly type something out and submit it, as I usually end up editing it several times afterward, and by the time I'm actually finished editing, several people in an active thread have already finished reading it and will generally never look back again (unless I point them back to it), so they either missed some of the clarifications, or maybe even missed the whole point. So I reread it several times before submitting it (this time included!). Maybe Mooch simply misunderstood your intended meaning. IDK, maybe he's as asshole, but I've never had such miscommunication (or whatever) with him. Sorry you did!

I could tell you all about the stalking and ridiculing jerk that I was referring to from my past, and what all he did to me for days on end, mostly on what had to be a misunderstanding of my meaning, but that wouldn't change anything, so he shall remain unnamed and untold here.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you also have to realize, accept, and admit that the written word is a much more difficult way of expressing oneself than the face to face spoken word

I do. And I, like you often need to revise what I write.

Maybe Mooch simply misunderstood your intended meaning. IDK, maybe he's as asshole, but I've never had such miscommunication (or whatever) with him. Sorry you did!

I myself don't know either. I won't discredit him, or say anything negative about him. He might have had a wild hair up his ass day. We all have those. *chuckles* There's any number of possible rational reasons for his actions. Again though it also comes back to perceptions the same as in writing. I perceived him cutting me down for what seemed no reason as a bit of a jerk action.

At the time I had been coming into using mechanical mods. Sure, like everyone "new" to doing whatever, I needed to learn. Did he not? It just seemed a bit asinine to put someone down for what is a natural process of living, learning, growing. It seemed so especially when this person had only said they respected your opinions. "Huh? What the, ...? Oh well, can find other sources of information."

At any given life like rivers and seas move on. :)

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh well, can find other sources of information.
Not taking his side or anything, but I can see where your saying that you "respect his opinion" could have been taken as some kind of objection to them, or something about one of them.

Just food for thought
eDm6tvR.gif
. . .

Maybe give him another chance, as he is about the only one who has this kind of detailed study, research, and freely provided information about our batteries and mech mods. And if you respond, just say thank you, instead of I respect your opinion.

VU Sponsors