Insomniacs thread

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I'm the only one, but I doubt it. Seems the older I get the less I sleep. So here I am, can't sleep, chucking some clouds. Really enjoying a local vape shop's take on ry4. They call it my4.
Has a hint of butterscotch to it, good stuff. Don't help me to sleep none though..
Anyone else? Insomnia much?

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I work graveyard and dont sleep either. I just got some RY4 double flavoring other day, im interested in getting into it soon, never had a RY$ yet, but trying to get into tobaccos to break up the sweet flavors I usually vape.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found a tobacco based flavor from Hurricane vapors, Sunset Cavendish. Pretty good stuff, too sweet for an all day vape, but I'm hooked. Nice to know I'm not alone in the no sleep thing. I blame it on the drugs from when I was a kid. But damn, after 15 years clean you'd think the tweaks would go away, no such luck. I hate to say it but its been worse since I quit smoking.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do not work graveyard I just do not sleep well... So lets get the ball rolling ...
I am only getting between 4 - 5.5 hours a night and I am in my 40's

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a tobacco based flavor from Hurricane vapors, Sunset Cavendish. Pretty good stuff, too sweet for an all day vape, but I'm hooked. Nice to know I'm not alone in the no sleep thing. I blame it on the drugs from when I was a kid. But damn, after 15 years clean you'd think the tweaks would go away, no such luck. I hate to say it but its been worse since I quit smoking.
Have a friend that gave me some of his juice he called it a Cherry Cigar, with a hint of almond, very good and I dont even like cigar. Was the first good tobacco i ever had. What device you vapin on?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have a friend that gave me some of his juice he called it a Cherry Cigar, with a hint of almond, very good and I dont even like cigar. Was the first good tobacco i ever had. What device you vapin on?
Did he say what tobacco he started with? sounds good I have cut back on the tobacco flavors as of late I got burned on them

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to hit 44. I'm a tile setter and work days, and I'm lucky if I can get 4 hours. If I do, its in intervals, like 2hrs at a time. I used to spend all my time on XDA in the android realm, but had grown tired of it. I dunno, couple more nights like the past few and I think I'll start building some Roms again. Maybe my donations will help supplement my vaping expenses..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to hit 44. I'm a tile setter and work days, and I'm lucky if I can get 4 hours. If I do, its in intervals, like 2hrs at a time. I used to spend all my time on XDA in the android realm, but had grown tired of it. I dunno, couple more nights like the past few and I think I'll start building some Roms again. Maybe my donations will help supplement my vaping expenses..
Have you tried Trazadone if not ask your doc for it it will knock you out for 10 hours but its not addictive
I rarely use it because I feel I will waste time or I cannot get something done I am like you involved in way to many projects both computer related and Musical besides for work

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried Trazadone if not ask your doc for it it will knock you out for 10 hours but its not addictive
I rarely use it because I feel I will waste time or I cannot get something done I am like you involved in way to many projects both computer related and Musical besides for work
I'm a recovering addict, and have a phobia of medications. I don't accept lidocaine when I need stitches and won't take so much as an aspirin. Appreciate the suggestion though. Shoot, just went through an abscessed tooth, and refused the pain meds from the dentist, I did take the antibiotics though.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol I didn't know this thread existed and I started one and was typing while people posted on this one. Guess I'm not alone on the sleep disorder.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I am going to take a Trazadone I have not gotten more than 4 hours all week,, so set clock for 11 see if I can get up in 8 probably run a marathon this is really starting to affect me Doctor told me once take 200 MG of Trazadone I was out for 18 hours never again
Night guys I have to knock myself out

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I am going to take a Trazadone I have not gotten more than 4 hours all week,, so set clock for 11 see if I can get up in 8 probably run a marathon this is really starting to affect me Doctor told me once take 200 MG of Trazadone I was out for 18 hours never again
Night guys I have to knock myself out
Gnight an good luck on the Marathon. BTW, you ever see me running, keep up, something bads bout to happen

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get sleep but what I don't get is a full night's sleep. I doze off pretty easy at the start of the night, but I am inevitably up 1 or 2 times a night.
Like now, at 4am. :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm a recovering addict, and have a phobia of medications. I don't accept lidocaine when I need stitches and won't take so much as an aspirin. Appreciate the suggestion though. Shoot, just went through an abscessed tooth, and refused the pain meds from the dentist, I did take the antibiotics though.
They give trazadone to people in recovery its non habit forming. I'm in the same boat as you but I'm only 32 and I can't sleep for more then a few hours. Shitty part is during the day I can? Its odd.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They give trazadone to people in recovery its non habit forming. I'm in the same boat as you but I'm only 32 and I can't sleep for more then a few hours. Shitty part is during the day I can? Its odd.
Same here. Been up all night and now that the sun is up I'm starting to get tired. Will probably doze off in a bit for a couple of hours and be back up around 11 or 12.

I've never been a clock watcher, but now that I'm on disability I have like a dozen alarms set to make sure I'm aware of things that I have to do each day like wake up my son for school, take my meds 2x a day, the list goes on... I'll doze off at random times but frequently only get about 8 hours of sleep across a 2 to 3 day span.

Things have improved though since we consolidated a couple of my meds to extended release versions that I only take at night instead of taking 2 to 3 times a day. But I have to take them with food, which ups the energy for a while and screws everything up again.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe I'm the only one, but I doubt it. Seems the older I get the less I sleep. So here I am, can't sleep, chucking some clouds. Really enjoying a local vape shop's take on ry4. They call it my4.
Has a hint of butterscotch to it, good stuff. Don't help me to sleep none though..
Anyone else? Insomnia much?
The only Ry4 I've tried is Mt Baker Vapor's Gwar Fluids line "GwaRy4". I love it but I'm starting to get burnt out on it.
Also, congrats on your recovery. I know from experience that it's a struggle everyday.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Major props for 15 years clean @jamieg71. :D I have nowhere near that much, but among all the benefits of sobriety it seems improved sleep is not part of the benefit package. It reminds me how chasing sleep escalated my drinking/using to around the clock toward the end, and how fundamental and intractable a problem sleep can be. The one thing I still take, which is prescribed by my doctor and addictionologist, is for sleep and sleep only. Though the dose has been gradually reduced to the minimum available, I have not yet faced the challenge of getting rid of it. :eek:

Last edited:

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For all you guys that can't sleep through the night pick up a bottle of Melatonin at your health food store. It works wonders for getting a full nights sleep . Not addictive at all .
I know a lot of people that Melatonin (and also Valerian Root) works well for. I have the highest medicine tolerance I've ever witnessed. Most sleep medications, including natural ones, are like taking a sugar pill. I hate taking medication because I usually have to take above the highest amount recommended by the FDA or whatever.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Major props for 15 years clean @jamieg71. :D I have nowhere near that much, but among all the benefits of sobriety it seems improved sleep is not part of the benefit package. It reminds me how chasing sleep escalated my drinking/using to around the clock toward the end, and how fundamental and intractable a problem sleep can be. The one thing I still take, which is prescribed by my doctor and addictionologist, is for sleep and sleep only. Though the dose has been gradually reduced to the minimum available, I have not yet faced the challenge of getting rid of it. :eek:
Congrats on sobriety. I know the struggle of recovery so I commend anyone who is trying to make their future days better (and healthier) than they're past. Props.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For all you guys that can't sleep through the night pick up a bottle of Melatonin at your health food store. It works wonders for getting a full nights sleep . Not addictive at all .
Sometimes but if I don't fall asleep immediately then they aren't going to help at all, even when I take 2 which is the "jet lag" dose.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Better than ambien...
No kidding, I took that crap last year and ended up sleep-working. Changed the oil in my truck and cleaned the basement, I only found out I did that because my wife told me the next morning that I got up and did all that and came back to bed at 5 am. Don't remember a fucking thing about it all.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No kidding, I took that crap last year and ended up sleep-working. Changed the oil in my truck and cleaned the basement, I only found out I did that because my wife told me the next morning that I got up and did all that and came back to bed at 5 am. Don't remember a fucking thing about it all.

Met an psychiatrist in rehab who was kicking Ambien. He had the same sleep working experience with the stuff. No shit. Wonder what blacked out talking therapy is like for the patient.

s.d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I took 75mg of Benadryl over an hour ago, and nothing.. gets worse for me during the season and time changes. been like this as long as I can remember.. only 36.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I took 75mg of Benadryl over an hour ago, and nothing.. gets worse for me during the season and time changes. been like this as long as I can remember.. only 36.
use a full spectrum light during the day and part of the evening. It helps reset the circadian rhythm.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Loarazepam does too after a week with only 10 to 15 hours total sleep ;)

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I sleep a few hrs a night max. After I hit 40 I just don't seem to need much sleep, it's weird; as I don't feel fatigued, or sleep deprived at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sleep a few hrs a night max. After I hit 40 I just don't seem to need much sleep, it's weird; as I don't feel fatigued, or sleep deprived at all

envy-meme-generator-hey-bro-i-envy-you-66a981.jpg

VU Sponsors