Become a Patron!

Inspirational recipe help.

Hello there folks!

New member here, and happy to see such an active forum.
Hoping I'm not breaking any rules by posting this kind of post under recipes ( if so, please move, and apologies in advance )

Basically, I have not been mixing for too long now, just started a few weeks ago, and I've done my fair few mistakes as a newbie ( as we all have I assume ) so I started to just rack up some flavours that in my mind would taste nice and not really following a recipe, some of them yes but mostly these are just random purchases.

Anywho, I've had some luck and some unfortunate mixes, but with what I've got right now, I haven't really found my proper ADV yet, and I'm really struggling to find some inspiration.
My biggest problem thus far, is that I cant fully try every single flavour alone, because lack of bottles,
so there's been a lot of guessing and looking at other peoples %s for various recipes.

TO THE POINT
I was wondering, with these flavours available, does anyone have any recommendations on different variations to try? Anything from complex, to easy mixes are welcome.

For example, is your ADV do-able with these ingredients, if not your ADV maybe you know of a pleasent combination with the available flavours, please share!

I thank YOU in advance for your help!

Banana (CAP)
Fremch Vanilla (CAP)
Vanilla Bean Ice cream (CAP)
Toasted Almond (TPA)
Marshmallow (TPA)
Vanilla Custard (CAP)
Graham Cracker Clear (TPA)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
New york Cheesecake(CAP)
Butterscotch (TPA)
Blueberry (CAP)
Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
Sweet Mango (CAP)
Butter Cream (TPA)
Sweet Cream (CAP)
Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Caramel (DX) (TPA)
Cake Batter (CAP)
Maple Pancake Syrup (CAP)
Smooth Tobacco (CAP)
ETYL MALTOL 10% (CAP)

Keep on vaping folks!

-Wuollet

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm, I wish I could help, but most of my experience is with FA flavors. I'm sure someone will chime in here. Until then i shall do an inspiration dance for you!! May inspiration of infinite amounts be humbly bestowed upon you and unto us all!!

If you like unicorn milk cuttwood spy on elr has a good one
Cap butter cream 1.5
Cap graham cracker 0.5
Cap ny cheesecake 0.5
Cap sweet cream 1.5
Cap sweet strawberry 8.5
Cap vanilla bean ice cream 1.0
Cap vanilla custard 3.0

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of your flavors are great additives--some which I wish I had right now!-- that I wouldn't personally use as main flavors. stawberry and mango as base flavors around 2-3% each to start then do some creams together with it...or cake-esque items with it like cake batter and butter cream(pretty sure thats an icing flavor?) you get the idea.....maybe .5-1% to start with other flavors. If it ends up really weak I just double the mix(add same recipe to mix again minus pg/vgEDIT:eek::/nic) just make sure you leave a little room.
Not sure what percents you like but heres an easy clone you might like....TOO strong for me, I would cut it in half. Sub caramel for brown sugar maybe.....be creative, and hey at least if you waste a 15 ml bottle it didnt cost you more than some change
- Claim Your Throne - KING'S CROWN (Suicide Bunny)
12% Butterscotch

6% Sweet Cream

4% Vanilla Custard

3% Brown Sugar

Daintanee: I thank theee for the ispirational dance! Im sure it was lovely and hopefully it'll make my day alot brighter!

Au123: I have actually made a batch of that one before, it is quite pleasant I must admit, but need something refreshing, perhaps I just need more actual flavours, its a lot of creams and custards, not enough real flavours perhaps?
If u catch my drift.

or maybe I Just need to take the time and try every flavour on its own and really get to know them all properly.

Thanks for responses, more are welcome!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Toasted Almond(TFA) 3%(guessing)
Vanilla Bean Ice cream (CAP) 4%
Sweet Cream(CAP) 2%
And maybe, just possibly, a smidgen of CAPs Banana
Yeah and a hair butterscotch too....butterscotch and bananas......I really dont know how that would taste I dont like either HAHA

Toasted Almond(TFA) 3%(guessing)
Vanilla Bean Ice cream (CAP) 4%
Sweet Cream(CAP) 2%
And maybe, just possibly, a smidgen of CAPs Banana

I have been trying a fair bit with almond, Havent really found the sweet spot of % on that one, can be very overpowering, and a bit soapy, especially before a few days steep.

But I'll give it a go! The Banana hint I think could work!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering, with these flavours available, does anyone have any recommendations on different variations to try? Anything from complex, to easy mixes are welcome.

For example, is your ADV do-able with these ingredients, if not your ADV maybe you know of a pleasent combination with the available flavours, please share!

Welcome!

You may wish to take a peek at Zaroba's fine suggestion found here:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ejuice-search-program.197589/

Good Luck!

Ron
---
“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” ― Bob Marley

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TO THE POINT

Blueberry Swirl
Blueberry Wild 5%
Vanilla Swirl 3%
Sweet Cream 1%
Sweet Cream or Butter Cream 1%

Blueberry Ice Cream
Blueberry Wild 5%
Vanilla Bean 4%
Vanilla Swirl 1%

Blueberry Cheesecake
Blueberry Wild 5%
NY Cheesecake 3%
Graham Cracker Clear 3%

Blueberry Custard
Blueberry Wild 5%
Vanilla Custard 5%
Vanilla Swirl 1%

NOTE: Fruit flavoring amounts may need to be adjusted to your preference.
You can also sub the Blueberry with the Sweet Strawberry at same percent, or maybe even the Sweet Mango.
Or the Banana at 1-3%, only cause I'm not sure how strong that one is.
Blueberry Wild + Maple is also a good combo so you could probably squeeze some into these.
Even a bit of Butterscotch and Caramel will work with these.

BTW: Welcome to VU

Last edited:
Blueberry Swirl
Blueberry 5%
Vanilla Swirl 3%
Sweet Cream 1%

Blueberry Ice Cream
Blueberry 5%
Vanilla Bean 4%
Vanilla Swirl 1%

Blueberry Cheesecake
Blueberry 5%
NY Cheesecake 3%
Graham Cracker Clear 3%

Blueberry Custard
Blueberry 5%
Vanilla Custard 5%
Vanilla Swirl 1%

NOTE: Fruit flavoring amounts may need to be adjusted to your preference.
You can also sub the Blueberry with the Sweet Strawberry at same percent, or maybe even the Sweet Mango.
Or the Banana at 1-3%, only cause I'm not sure how strong that one is.
Blueberry + Maple is also a good combo so you could probably squeeze some into these.
Even a bit of Butterscotch and Caramel will work with these.

BTW: Welcome to VU

Thanks a bunch for your help there, I will try it out

When you write
Sweet cream 1%
Sweet cream or Butter Cream 1% What do you mean? Either 2% sweet all together if u skip Butter cream?
Or is it either instead of the other?
Sorry, cheers ^^

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks a bunch for your help there, I will try it out

When you write
Sweet cream 1%
Sweet cream or Butter Cream 1% What do you mean? Either 2% sweet all together if u skip Butter cream?
Or is it either instead of the other?
Sorry, cheers ^^

I meant either, but hey in this game anything goes, so you could use both at 1% each even:D.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would be careful which recipes you choose on ELR some are ones people just never deleted that may or MAY NOT have been vapable. I look for ones with reviews or recent I found they are usually a bit less off the wall. Anybody know of any good mixers to follow on ELR?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would be careful which recipes you choose on ELR some are ones people just never deleted that may or MAY NOT have been vapable. I look for ones with reviews or recent I found they are usually a bit less off the wall. Anybody know of any good mixers to follow on ELR?

I kinda stay away from most of the other sites for that reason, unless I'm just looking for new ideas.
But I just rework them to my preference anyway.
I've probably even got some old ones floating around that are kinda meh, from back when I first started mixing.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kinda stay away from most of the other sites for that reason, unless I'm just looking for new ideas.
But I just rework them to my preference anyway.

I agree with you 100%

I would be looking for only ideas and not so much a specific recipe to follow. I would speculated that some sites have recipes posted there which the recipe poster has never even made. Maybe they are just looking for feedback before mixing it themselves? With social media buds, friends and relatives, those recipes could even sport the Highest Rating.

I'm not saying all the recipes are suspect, but one should be careful...

Sorry for the rant.

Ron
---
"I asked Dalai Lama the most important question that I think you could ask - if he had ever seen Caddyshack."- Jesse Ventura

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daintanee: I thank theee for the ispirational dance! Im sure it was lovely and hopefully it'll make my day alot brighter!

Au123: I have actually made a batch of that one before, it is quite pleasant I must admit, but need something refreshing, perhaps I just need more actual flavours, its a lot of creams and custards, not enough real flavours perhaps?
If u catch my drift.

or maybe I Just need to take the time and try every flavour on its own and really get to know them all properly.

Thanks for responses, more are welcome!
wondering how it went......any favs?

DEFINITELY THE DANCE!!

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello there folks!

New member here, and happy to see such an active forum.
Hoping I'm not breaking any rules by posting this kind of post under recipes ( if so, please move, and apologies in advance )

Basically, I have not been mixing for too long now, just started a few weeks ago, and I've done my fair few mistakes as a newbie ( as we all have I assume ) so I started to just rack up some flavours that in my mind would taste nice and not really following a recipe, some of them yes but mostly these are just random purchases.

Anywho, I've had some luck and some unfortunate mixes, but with what I've got right now, I haven't really found my proper ADV yet, and I'm really struggling to find some inspiration.
My biggest problem thus far, is that I cant fully try every single flavour alone, because lack of bottles,
so there's been a lot of guessing and looking at other peoples %s for various recipes.

TO THE POINT

I thank YOU in advance for your help!

Banana (CAP)
Fremch Vanilla (CAP)
Vanilla Bean Ice cream (CAP)
Toasted Almond (TPA)
Marshmallow (TPA)
Vanilla Custard (CAP)
Graham Cracker Clear (TPA)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
New york Cheesecake(CAP)
Butterscotch (TPA)
Blueberry (CAP)
Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
Sweet Mango (CAP)
Butter Cream (TPA)
Sweet Cream (CAP)
Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Caramel (DX) (TPA)
Cake Batter (CAP)
Maple Pancake Syrup (CAP)
Smooth Tobacco (CAP)
ETYL MALTOL 10% (CAP)

Keep on vaping folks!

-Wuollet
Don't know is someone already said this but vanilla custard by itself or with any fruit is really good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Blueberry Swirl
Blueberry 5%
Vanilla Swirl 3%
Sweet Cream 1%

Blueberry Ice Cream
Blueberry 5%
Vanilla Bean 4%
Vanilla Swirl 1%

Blueberry Cheesecake
Blueberry 5%
NY Cheesecake 3%
Graham Cracker Clear 3%

Blueberry Custard
Blueberry 5%
Vanilla Custard 5%
Vanilla Swirl 1%

You know I typically use a lot more flavoring, but there's some good ideas here, which I may be able to put to use with my own mixes, so thx for these!!! I prefer TFA's blueberry extra for true blueberry flavor, but it tends to be easily overwhelmed by other flavors in the recipe, so I was thinking of a mix using blueberry x, blueberry wild, and tad of INW's bilberry.

Thx!
Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You know I typically use a lot more flavoring, but there's some good ideas here, which I may be able to put to use with my own mixes, so thx for these!!! I prefer TFA's blueberry extra for true blueberry flavor, but it tends to be easily overwhelmed by other flavors in the recipe, so I was thinking of a mix using blueberry x, blueberry wild, and tad of INW's bilberry.

Thx!
Andria

For some reason I never specified what Blueberry I normally use.
As such I edited my post with red, as I typically use TFA Blueberry Wild.
Or mix it with CAP or FW Blueberry at 1/1 ratio, but these are close in strength to TFA.
So they could be used as subs for TFA Blueberry Wild IMO.
Awhile back I was using 10% but have since been reduced to 5%.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For some reason I never specified what Blueberry I normally use.
As such I edited my post with red, as I typically use TFA Blueberry Wild.
Or mix it with CAP or FW Blueberry at 1/1 ratio.
Awhile back I was using 10% but have since been reduced to 5%.

Yeah with blueberry extra, it can only go to about 8% or it gets very muted, and the way I like things flavored, it's really not enough, so I'll probably also use 4% blueberry wild, and 2% bilberry (INW), to give the blueberrry flavor a little more pow. I never realized it was such a mild flavor, though I've always loved it. It's terrific with banana flavor.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah with blueberry extra, it can only go to about 8% or it gets very muted, and the way I like things flavored, it's really not enough, so I'll probably also use 4% blueberry wild, and 2% bilberry (INW), to give the blueberrry flavor a little more pow. I never realized it was such a mild flavor, though I've always loved it. It's terrific with banana flavor.

Andria

Another idea may be to add some FE or VZ-SC Blackberry, as it's really strong at 2%...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another idea may be to add some FE or VZ-SC Blackberry, as it's really strong at 2%...

Ehhh, I dunno, I really dislike the blackberry flavor (ditto for raspberry when told to add that to a strawberry recipe). I think it was @Robert Cromwell who suggested maybe Nature's Flavors Blueberry; he said that one is really strong, but I haven't ordered any because it's rather costly, and until recently I had kinda given up on the idea of trying to make something blueberry, my initial efforts with that flavor were so uninspiring.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ehhh, I dunno, I really dislike the blackberry flavor (ditto for raspberry when told to add that to a strawberry recipe). I think it was @Robert Cromwell who suggested maybe Nature's Flavors Blueberry; he said that one is really strong, but I haven't ordered any because it's rather costly, and until recently I had kinda given up on the idea of trying to make something blueberry, my initial efforts with that flavor were so uninspiring.

Andria

Oh, too bad, I really like Blackberry, don't bother trying HS Blueberry, it's kind of meh.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Andria, It was Flavorconcentrates blueberry. Not extremely strong but natural and accurate flavor. You can add as much as you want without the flavor going wonky on you.
Good stuff.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, It was Flavorconcentrates blueberry. Not extremely strong but natural and accurate flavor. You can add as much as you want without the flavor going wonky on you.
Good stuff.

I've still got it bookmarked; if I still can't make anything I like with the 3 blueberries I have, I may get some, and hang the cost. :)

Andria

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VHM and VHB are two brilliant mixing groups on ELR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors