Become a Patron!

Interdisciplinary research team studies whether using e-cigarettes while pregnant causes craniofacia

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017...-team-e-cigarettes-pregnant-craniofacial.html

An article about an unpublished un-peer reviewed "study" and it's Already mostly debunked here:

http://factsdomatter.co.uk/2017/03/22/being-open-about-coi/

"Once again, we have an animal study to “simulate” what could possibly happen in a human. Except for one tiny little problem. In a human, we don’t infuse the aerosol with saline. We directly inhale said aerosol into our lungs. There’s very little interaction with human saliva, ‘cos that’d cause us to cough all the time if we started inhaling our saliva.

So, taking a “standard” smoking machine, with a few modifications to mimic how a user would use a vapouriser. We’ve seen how that works out before. Amusingly, these researchers exposed frog embryos to the saline infused aerosol.

Here’s a tip, frogs are a freshwater species. They don’t fare at all well in salt-water conditions. They tend to get rather dehydrated, and the salt is more than a little toxic for them. You’d think that the researchers would know this right?"

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VCU researchers aim to educate the public about the dangers of e-cigarettes and produce results that would compel tighter government regulation, said primary investigator René Olivares-Navarrete, D.D.S., Ph.D., an assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
So they openly admit they have an agenda....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So they openly admit they have an agenda....

Yep, it says right there, they "aim to produce results" blah blah blah... they seem to have completely forgotten that the purpose of research is to SEE WHAT HAPPENS, not to describe what you're GOING TO MAKE HAPPEN. These people need their degrees revoked completely, and their jobs given to the homeless, because it's clear that even someone with an ordinary high school education could do a much better job. It's called The Scientific Method, and they are completely castrating it.

Andria

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dickinson said many smokers believe vaping isn't harmful because e-cigarettes expose the body to fewer compounds than contained in tobacco cigarettes. This does appear to make e-cigarettes less dangerous, she notes, but it's still best to stay away—those who vape inhale carcinogens, such as formaldehyde and benzene.

Is it just deja-vu or haven't we gone over this before?

"The part that is amazing to me about e-cigarettes is that if you ask people who use them if they are smokers, they will say no, because for them, it is not smoking," Olivares-Navarrete said.

Well, no. Which end of it do I light again... the ASS end maybe?

ETA: This person has a PhD, yet can't comprehend the difference between steam and smoke. How is this even possible? Formaldehyde and diacetyl and benzene, Oh my! Lions and tigers and bears!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors