Become a Patron!

Interested in using a Taifun, but was told I was ignorant & they were not for scrubs

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all,
Monday morning here, & as usual, Mondays are not my best day. Before I came to the Underground, I was for a time very interested in getting into rebuildables, & had watched numerous videos on them, and how to rebuild them. I posted a question on another forum about buying a Taifun GT, and using it on my Innokin SVD. I was asking what gage of Kanthal wire I should use, and was looking at maybe 32 gauge.

I said if my SVD would not fire it, what mod should I buy that would, & when I checked my mail later that day, I had replies that started with STUPID, NOT FOR YOU SCRUB, YOU ARE IGNORANT, & LEAVE THE REBUILDABLES TO THE EXPERTS IDIOT. Not 1 time did I get a positive reply, & was told that the Taifun & Kayfun were not for scrubs, or noobs, and I should start with just dripping, and after a few months, maybe I could move up then.

The issue I have with dripping, is that I do not wan to have to drip something every few seconds when I want to take a vape. I like my 5ml tanks, and I saw that the Taifun had the same capacity. So, my queastion to you good folks is, if my SVD will not ever fire with a Taifun, what do I need to buy to be able to enjoy it, and STILL get the taste of my flavors that I crave? I buy a shitload of juices because I love the taste of them, and my nicotine needs are at 12 mg. right now. If I need to buy another mod, then so be it, or if I would need heavier gauge wire for building the Taifun, no problem. I just would be so grateful if someone could explain things in a way I will understand. I am not by any means an amatuer at vaping, I also do a ton of research on something before I get into it, but when I was whipped so harshly over my comments on that other forum, I just lost the drive to do anymore exploring. Now the drive is back, & I feel I am with the best forum group on the planet. I just need a little guidance.....

My respect to you & yours....

Dan Simpson

Dan, you can absolutely use a Kayfun/Taifun on your Svd. Just make sure your build has high enough ohm reading. I stay around. 1.0 - 1.8. There is an app called Vapers Toolbox that will help you decide how many wraps you will need for the wire that you are using. Make sure you use an ohm meter.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What a nice bunch of people on that forum. Take your time , watch videos , take notes , be careful and buy an ohm meter . Maybe stop by a b and m ,that sells rba's and ask questions . We all started out that way . The first couple may not be pretty , but you'll learn. Vape on !!!

SavageJuice

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
The taifun os a great choice.
It is my adv atty.
It can take a little trial and error to get wicking down, but we're here to help if u need it.
It will work fine on your svd.
Just keep it above 1.2ohm to start out. 1.5 is a nice start.

ImahFokker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can use your svd as an ohm reader to begin with. I am not sure what the ohm limit on the svd is but I believe that 1.3 or 1.5 might be the limit on them. I have kayfuns and they work best at 1.0 and above ohms anyway. They are also not as hard to build as you think. Do your research and you will be fine with a kayfun on an svd. My opinion this would be a perfect rba to get started on. Now also do not dismiss drippers either. They are great for juiceheads like me and you but I mainly drip when I am at home. Eventually you might want to look into getting a mechanical mod, if you get into lower end ohm rebuilding. But that is an if. The svd and the info you seemed to have gathered already, I say go for it! If you dont lije it stick to your tanks. But I have a feeling that you will fall in love. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Dan,

Sorry you had to deal with the behavior generated by the truly ignorant "Scrubs". And I am pretty sure I can guess what forum would allow you to be treated that way.

Asshats!

Your SVD will fire anything you can connect to it as long as you don't exceed the minimum resistance level. Tayfuns, Kayfuns and Russians and a lot of other RBAs as well will work well for you. As well as RDAs if you ever find the time to mess with them. I use mine for testing E-Liquid and not for long term vaping. I simply do not have the patience to vape a few drops at a time.

Just the other day, I fitted a KFL+ on my own SVD and it had a coil which read at 1.2 ohms. The SVD just was not interested in firing it and told me so with the power button showing red and no vapor.

It was time for a new coil and wick anyway, so I built a coil to 2.4 ohms and I have been vaping on it pretty much since then (my usual DNA mod is in the shop).

I build my coils with 32 gauge Kanthal and use a #6 nail to form it.

You are among friend here.

Heck, you are welcome to send me a private message or start a "Conversation" with me with any question you may have.

SavageJuice

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
The svd should have no issues firing coils above 1.2ohms.....Which is perfect for the kayfun and taifun style attys, as I personally feel they shine above 1.2ohms anyways.
I have a first generation svd and it fires above 1.2ohms.
I was lead to believe later generations fire below 1.2ohms, but I couldn't say for certain on that.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never let anyone tell you you can't do something. if you are new at something and we all have been. There will always be someone who is a jerk but others that will step up and help you out. I have had so much help from unknown people that I am getting pretty good at different things concerning vaping. I always thank those that help me and am thankful that the community we belong to is so willing to help others. Ignore the "asshat" (interesting term).

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to thank you all for the MUCH APPRECIATED guidance & advice. I am going to be doing the research starting tomorrow morning, on what you guys advised on the correct ohms, the right Kanthal wire, and I had planned on getting an ohm meter, in fact, I'm watching one on Ebay right now. Now that I know my SVD will work with a Taifun, I am ecstatic. So, grateful you guys took the time to give me this advice, I cannot find enough words to express my gratitude.

I will keep you posted on my progress, & any new developments to come along. I've been using the Aspire Nautilus tanks exclusively, & Gremlin Juice for my liquid, & I have been very happy with Rich & his creations. I just feel that a rebuildable atomizer could give me a better taste, so I'm willing to put in the effort to find out. Thanks again my friends, I really do appreciate you!!!:):):)

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As was stated we all started at nothing and worked up and it is the ignorance of those who would knock you for asking an honest question that causes subsets to form. We as a community need to come together not divide ourselves. If we end up fighting amongst ourselves when the real fight for our rights comes we will all be too heated to come together to stop whatever may come. I say welcome to the community and if you have questions feel free to ask, you don't ask you don't know you don't know you can hurt yourself and none of us want anyone hurt because we couldn't stop to answer a question to the best of our abilities. Happy Vaping All.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry you ran into asshats...

As mentioned, the SVD can't fire really low stuff because of it's amp limit, but it can read ohms about as low as you can go. Here it is reading a 0.9 Ohm DC build on the Aqua. It won't fire anything that low, but it will read it. :)

u96UJVWl.jpg

Here is mine with a 1.8 ohm dripper build on it.

It's 9 wraps of 28 gauge Kanthal around a 3mm screwdriver in a Vertical coil and stuffed with hemp fiber in a V12 clone RDA. :D

pEtNp0Al.jpg

e27pCqDl.jpg

For the SVD, I try to utilize it's wattage and usually run 1.8 - 2.4 ohm builds on it at around 10 watts using stacked 18350's.

33, 32 and 30 gauge wire is good for making higher ohm coils, just depends on if you want single or dual coils.
Remember, two coils of say... 4 ohms each would make a DC set of 2 ohms. Etc.

A tip:
If you are going to build on the SVD, switch it into Voltage mode and put it around 3.7 volts for firing and testing. Check the ohms before you fire it. If it is in Wattage mode..it will try to come up to power too fast and you might pop a coil.

Better to build and burn-in your coils with a mech, IMO. Just be sure of the resistance and any shorts you may have.

Here's a good calculator for ya: http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Let us know if ya need help. GL!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For a non- multimeter sort of meter, ya can't go wrong with the Smoketech Omnitester.
It works on PWM devices, can serve as a base for building on, check both resistance and volts of devices and even show results under load.

FT and other China sites have it cheap...but I assume you'd want it sooner than later... ;)

USA Site Links
--------------------

$17.95
http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_OmniTester_p/smok-omnitest.htm

$19.95
http://www.madvapes.com/the-omnitester.html
http://www.smoktek.com/Smok-Omnitester--Digital-Ohm-Voltage-Tester_p_1058.html

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If needed, a good video on using a Multimeter to test Atties.....

Note: the leads that come with most cheap meters are crap and can cause wild fluctuations in your readings. IMO a quality set of leads is just as important if not more important than the meter itself.

My cheap $5 University Aution meter reads just fine, but the leads have 0.6 Ohm of resistance themselves...you can imagine how that would fuck up a low-ohm build if not taken into consideration. ;-)

Always do a continuity check on the leads and see what THEY read so you can figure that into the RBA reading. Also why I use the SVD to verify those readings. =)

This one is pretty good and can even read temperatures:

Conveniently sized, the manual-ranging Extech MN35 Digital Mini Multimeter enables you to measure AC and DC voltage up to 600 volts and it includes a large, easily readable LCD screen. It also features resistance tests with continuity and diode functions, thermocouple temperature measurements to 1,400 degrees F, and a data hold function that locks the reading on the display.

Ergonomically designed with curved corners, the MN35 features an integrated tilt stand and an impact-resistant rubber holster for an excellent grip and protection from other gear while stored in your toolbox. The MN35 measures 5.43 x 2.83 x 1.5 inches (HxWxD), weighs 5.4 ounces, and is powered by a single 9-volt battery. It's backed by a one-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box

MN35 Digital Mini Multimeter, rubber holster, 9-volt battery, test leads, Type K thermocouple probe, operating instructions

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012VWR20

Last edited:

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok guys, I am overwhelmed with the help & advice you have offered. I have decided for the first time out, to buy my first round of coils from a professional builder of them, and I will be ordering the Smok ohm meter in the morning. I have 1 final question, and one that confuses the shit outta me. Since I am wanting to go into rebuildables, and I am gonna be using my SVD, which needs the same ohms as the store bought coils, what am I gaining? It just seems like in a way, I am changing one coil for another, and it's doing the same thing as the one I'm wanting to get away from. Forgive me if it sounds stupid, it's 2:00 a.m. here, and I'm tired, so I might not be making any sense....

But if I am using an Aspire Nautilus, and it uses coils at 1.8 ohms, and I'm buying a rebuildable that is gonna need 1.8 ohms, how am I benefitting myself? I want to get the best taste of the juices I can, but I'm afraid to go straight into the mech mods. So, I guess the question I am stumbling around is, am I gaining anything or benefitting myself anything by having a rebuidable that is gonna be set up the same way as my Nautilus??? I gotta go to sleep guys, holding my eyes open with toothpicks now...lol Good night everyone, talk to you all tomorrow...

Daniel.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok guys, I am overwhelmed with the help & advice you have offered. I have decided for the first time out, to buy my first round of coils from a professional builder of them, and I will be ordering the Smok ohm meter in the morning. I have 1 final question, and one that confuses the shit outta me. Since I am wanting to go into rebuildables, and I am gonna be using my SVD, which needs the same ohms as the store bought coils, what am I gaining? It just seems like in a way, I am changing one coil for another, and it's doing the same thing as the one I'm wanting to get away from. Forgive me if it sounds stupid, it's 2:00 a.m. here, and I'm tired, so I might not be making any sense....

But if I am using an Aspire Nautilus, and it uses coils at 1.8 ohms, and I'm buying a rebuildable that is gonna need 1.8 ohms, how am I benefitting myself? I want to get the best taste of the juices I can, but I'm afraid to go straight into the mech mods. So, I guess the question I am stumbling around is, am I gaining anything or benefitting myself anything by having a rebuidable that is gonna be set up the same way as my Nautilus??? I gotta go to sleep guys, holding my eyes open with toothpicks now...lol Good night everyone, talk to you all tomorrow...

Daniel.

Sorry if I posted too much on ya..I'm kinda an information junkie. :D

Simple answer is: You are in control with RBA's.

1. With pre-made , you can't change the resistance to fit how YOU vape across differnt mods and if you run out of heads...then what?
2. Rebuilding is generally cheaper and more flexible..
3. Eventually, you'll probably want a mechanical mod to really get the full usefulness out of rebuilding, but even on the SVD, it's fun.
4. OEM coils kinda suck. I have Genesis tanks that have been using the same build for months.
5. Dripping. There is nothing like a good RDA that you tailored just for YOU. Nothing beats 'em for testing flavors, IMO.

That pic of my v12 atty with a 1.8 coil, while the same as the stock res, it hits far harder. I can adjust it however I like.

Maybe you end up not liking rebuilding, and prefer sticking to stock coils, that is fine too. :)

hidden1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My svd will fire a .8 ohm coil or higher the later svd will fire a .8 ohm and they work alot better running two 18350 batteries and in volts mode

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry if I posted too much on ya..I'm kinda an information junkie. :D

Simple answer is: You are in control with RBA's.

1. With pre-made , you can't change the resistance to fit how YOU vape across differnt mods and if you run out of heads...then what?
2. Rebuilding is generally cheaper and more flexible..
3. Eventually, you'll probably want a mechanical mod to really get the full usefulness out of rebuilding, but even on the SVD, it's fun.
4. OEM coils kinda suck. I have Genesis tanks that have been using the same build for months.
5. Dripping. There is nothing like a good RDA that you tailored just for YOU. Nothing beats 'em for testing flavors, IMO.

That pic of my v12 atty with a 1.8 coil, while the same as the stock res, it hits far harder. I can adjust it however I like.

Maybe you end up not liking rebuilding, and prefer sticking to stock coils, that is fine too. :)

Ok, when you say it hits harder, what exactly are you referring to, the draw intensity or what? How does it affect the taste of the juices you use? Sorry, had to have one last few vapes befor I quit for the evening....

SavageJuice

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
You don't HAVE to only use 1.8ohm coils on the svd/taifun.
Your svd should have no issues firing at 1.3ohms. You also don't NEES to get an ohm meter since your svd has 1 built in.
It was mostly recommended that you start wrapping around the 1.8ohm range since you are merely beginning with rebuilding.
Wrapping coils is pretty easy.
I highly encourage you to at least try it yourself.
There is a treasure trove of information out there, youtube etc. Plus you have us here to help guide you if you have any questions along the way.
There are several places that will sell short lengths of wire for pretty cheap....shit, if you asked nice enough, I'm sure one of us would drop a few feet of various gauges in an envelope for you.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My svd will fire a .8 ohm coil or higher the later svd will fire a .8 ohm and they work alot better running two 18350 batteries and in volts mode

Yeah, I have one of the first SVD's that came out in co-ops back in 2012-2013. ...they won't.

Alas...

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought a nautilus for my girls MVP and to be honest it's a great tank. That said my kayfun blows it out of the water. That flavor is better, more vapor, every way I can think better. It's also very rewarding to know you built the coil inside. Knowing that you made this thing work. And the people telling you you need to wait and calling you a noob screw them. This isn't some "underground club" where only VIPs can do it. Try a kayfun build it yourself, experiment. Buy a 100 feet of kanthal and build coils all day and have fun.

I built my first coil on an IGO L about 3 months ago and my first Kayfun 2 weeks ago. I have not put the Kayfun down since then. Have not changed the build, just keep refilling it. the Kayfun is a wonderful piece, and it blows the Kraken away. IMO.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My friends, you'll be glad to know that yesterday, after spending a couple of days doing research & getting some great advice from folks like you, I bought a Taifun GT, a Kayfun 3.1, a spool of Kanthal 28 guage wire, a couple of packages of Japanese cotton, a few samples of other types of cotton, an ohm meter, & a few other assorted, & assundri items I just had to have. It'll probably look like Christmas when the packages start arriving, lol. But I am going to dig in & attempt to make my own coils, I'm really amped about making my own, & no doubt will be extra careful and attentive, like a new dad with a baby...lol lol. Wish me luck, things should start arriving by next week, and then we're in business.

And I have to give the credit for me getting interested in this to you good folks, for all of the encouragement, and advice, & the many reasons I needed to build my own. Everyone of you should give yourselves a pat on the back!! Thank you and I will keep you posted..

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow sounds like someone's gonna have fun. Good luck and I hope your builds go great.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My friends, you'll be glad to know that yesterday, after spending a couple of days doing research & getting some great advice from folks like you, I bought a Taifun GT, a Kayfun 3.1, a spool of Kanthal 28 guage wire, a couple of packages of Japanese cotton, a few samples of other types of cotton, an ohm meter, & a few other assorted, & assundri items I just had to have. It'll probably look like Christmas when the packages start arriving, lol. But I am going to dig in & attempt to make my own coils, I'm really amped about making my own, & no doubt will be extra careful and attentive, like a new dad with a baby...lol lol. Wish me luck, things should start arriving by next week, and then we're in business.

And I have to give the credit for me getting interested in this to you good folks, for all of the encouragement, and advice, & the many reasons I needed to build my own. Everyone of you should give yourselves a pat on the back!! Thank you and I will keep you posted..
Don't forget to share when they arrive in the Vape Mail thread. :D You should have fun and the sense of accomplishment is just as cool as vaping on your new gear.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel, you asked about it "hitting harder" - you will get a much more concentrated vape due to the tiny chimney diameter. As a result, you will get more flavor and also more nicotine. I can vape my usual mg/ml nic all day long in a commercial tank. But, in a Kayfun (what I've got) I have to cut the nicotine level back or I get light headed, irritated throat, etc.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Love it! Your so screwed :) Welcome to a richer, longer life my new friend. This is THE best habit/hobby you will ever have. I would tell you how many attys & Mods I have, but I can't count that high. The Kay Fun 3.1 is my favorite by far. The 26650 Tobh is a Monster cloud machine. See our pics in the cloud chasers thread. 5 Months ago I could not blow up a balloon. Invest in Yourself, Live long & prosper.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My friends, you'll be glad to know that yesterday, after spending a couple of days doing research & getting some great advice from folks like you, I bought a Taifun GT, a Kayfun 3.1, a spool of Kanthal 28 guage wire, a couple of packages of Japanese cotton, a few samples of other types of cotton, an ohm meter, & a few other assorted, & assundri items I just had to have.
Have fun with your *funs!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dan, you old scrub you, I hope you got the answers you were looking for.
Im not sure what a scrub is, but after you buy it, build it and vape it, you wont be a scrub anymore....:)

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WOW.. I had to look at this page.. NOW, I know what a great bunch of folks I have here on this forum.. Y'all are so helpful, and I have SO MUCH to learn.
BTW.. what th heck IS a SCRUB??
MOI???

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning everyone,

Just sitting here in my office, listening to the rain & thunder. Isn't making it easy to stay out of bed...lol For everyone that wanted th know what a "scrub" was, that is a term that came out of when I was playing World of Warcraft, anyone that admitted to being new to the game was called a noobie, or a scrub, because you were brand new, and didn't know squat about what you were doing. I started playing the game right after I had triple bypass heart surgery, & needed something to do to pass the time while I was recovering. So I took it up. 7 years later, I got out of it, and started the Diablo series. Now I'm waiting on a new Diablo disk...But anyway, I strayed there a bit. A scrub is a noob, a brand new, clean player that doesn't have a clue.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thumbs_21.gif

I'm glad you didn't let the idjits dissuade ya from doing something you wanted to do. :)
Rebuilding can be a PITA sometimes, but there's nothing like enjoying a vape that you made just how YOU like it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi CaFF. Yours doesn't? This is strange I think

Well, it is one of the early models.

I just tried a few of my atties on it...

1.3 ohms - worked
1.2 ohms or lower - doesn't

I think it's a firmware problem that was later corrected as the amp limit should allow lower, but it doesn't.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what th heck IS a SCRUB??
MOI???
A scrub is another way of saying noob, but the context is such that they are so terrible that they should quit while they are ahead. major usage- online gaming can be used to describe any activity that some is terrible at. So yeah pretty much misused all the time. It was a way of joking with those you know that turned into a derogatory term to say someone is terrible with no prior knowledge of how good or how new someone is.

Example- In World of Warcraft one of the party members face pulls(runs headlong into an enemy) a group of enemies your group was not ready for and everyone's character dies. The first written response is, "What scrub pulled that group?"

scrub
A scrub is a now generalized term used as a synonym for a "noob" or "newb," which is someone who is bad at a video game or activity in general.

Most of the definitions here, surprisingly, have nothing to do with the actual term. The original definition is related to a person who makes a mistake in a video game, which is such a bad mistake that it is clearly wrong, yet they persist in making it. The term derives from Street Fighter II, to describe some players that were so bad that they would mash their hands across the control pad, an act known as "scrubbing," because it relates to scrubbing a car or other object with a sponge. Thus they were deemed "scrubbers," or "scrubs" for short. Over time this term expanded throughout the gaming world, and then the real world, and lost its original meaning.
If you're a scrub, then you owe me a cookie.

Last edited:

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A scrub is another way of saying noob, but the context is such that they are so terrible that they should quit while they are ahead. major usage- online gaming can be used to describe any activity that some is terrible at. So yeah pretty much misused all the time. It was a way of joking with those you know that turned into a derogatory term to say someone is terrible with no prior knowledge of how good or how new someone is.

Example- In World of Warcraft one of the party members face pulls(runs headlong into an enemy) a group of enemies your group was not ready for and everyone's character dies. The first written response is, "What scrub pulled that group?"

scrub
A scrub is a now generalized term used as a synonym for a "noob" or "newb," which is someone who is bad at a video game or activity in general.

Most of the definitions here, surprisingly, have nothing to do with the actual term. The original definition is related to a person who makes a mistake in a video game, which is such a bad mistake that it is clearly wrong, yet they persist in making it. The term derives from Street Fighter II, to describe some players that were so bad that they would mash their hands across the control pad, an act known as "scrubbing," because it relates to scrubbing a car or other object with a sponge. Thus they were deemed "scrubbers," or "scrubs" for short. Over time this term expanded throughout the gaming world, and then the real world, and lost its original meaning.
Very well said.. and.. since Ive successfully wound my own coil and made my own e-juice.. I don't quite qualify for that badge.. but.. next time the wife makes a batch of cookies.. lol

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

scrub

Just to throw a wrench into the mix this is from the Urban Dictionary

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW.. I had to look at this page.. NOW, I know what a great bunch of folks I have here on this forum.. Y'all are so helpful, and I have SO MUCH to learn.
BTW.. what th heck IS a SCRUB??
MOI???
I will jump out of my socks to help you. Can't bend over backwards. too old. Scrubs are what Doctors & nurses wear in a hospital.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They made me wear them in ICU when My Wife was dying. Green or Blue, Pink in some Hospitals. Dust free, sterile. Nice duds, especially in summertime.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya my svd goes down to 0.8ohms. All my itaste devices do
Mine only go down to 1.2 also. Weird. There must be revisions or something. Now i kinda wish it had a microUSB like those daffy "next gen" Joyetech things from last year that nobody bought.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my Kayfun 3.1 @ 5 Volts. It's baby smooth on a Vamo V5. When I get nasty, I use my TOBH 26650 on the Hades Mod. It's Neanderthal & blows clouds. Takes a day to charge the battery. Vaping is so much fun! So many things to explore and share. I take a Ego on my motorcycle. If I loose it, no big deal. This is a great way of life. Smoking is for stupid people. I don't miss it at all.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Hana Modz DNA 30 goes down to .8 ohms. I just have to wait while FT ships it. It should crank hard. Kind of like graduating from a university. Just takes time.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What kind of n00bs would say a KF on an SVD isn't for scrubs? What exactly is going to go wrong, it will call you Lou?

My SVD does .8Ω. I've fired .9Ω and have 1Ω on it now. It really does require stacking when you go low, at least for duals.

I almost only build gennies on regulated and pulse on them, plenty of low Ω warnings but no problem. I only use my ohm meter to premeasure wire before cutting it so I wrap as much of the piece as possible to get close to what I want.

VU Sponsors