Become a Patron!

IPV 3 Current Issues

KappaCory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm proud to say I own quite a few authentics, and I own some pretty decent clones. Now on the flip I have owned terrible clones and great ones, the same can be said for my authentics.

More or less this is just a statement of what issues I've encountered with the IPV3 so far.

So I just, and i mean this quite literally, bought an IPV 3 from the shop I work at, I have only heard great things about them in the past but I had never used a box mod outside of a T6 by Cloupor, which has been really really satisfying and without problem. I was absolutely in love with the IPV 3, I'd run it at any setting just to get a nice feel for it and ultimately settled on 100 watts the same as my T6. It wasn't long before I noticed an issue with the batteries, the life span just wasn't lasting for a device running a dual 18650 setting, and these were brand spanking new never before used batteries I had charged up just for this puppy. Only one battery was draining while the other was hardly touched, switched their locations (battery b draining before and a didn't drain) the result was just what I expected, this time a drained and b didn't. It has to be a wiring issue and I'm quite pissed because of the internal set up, this unit can easily have this problem since its a spring set up inside. Pulling out the batteries pulls the contacts inside and that has to be what has caused this failure.

I want so badly to enjoy this mod and I will be able to exchange it since the device is covered under our shop warranty, but this is a problem that will simply occurs again. Not to mention my buttons are sticking and auto firing which is beyond me as to why they are doing this. I haven't seen anyone surfacing with this problem yet but it is a big deal to have an autofiring issue and easily broken spring contacts. When will they learn that if you do a spring contact it needs to be set instead of just held by wire.

When this unit works, and it does work, it works like a champion, so very impressed, but these problems really kill it for me. I wanted to have this be my main unit but I'm too terrified of using it very much for fear of the easily damaged internals. If anyone has a solution to set these springs and help prevent the strain on them from removing and installing batteries, please share with me.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Kory and welcome to VU :)

I don't have an IPV 3 but I know they had a recall on something about it, the charging cable I believe, but don't quote me...it sounds like you got a bad unit...I would swap it out and if the issue persists take pictures and I am sure one of the more mod savy people would be able to tell you how to tack the spring down better, whether it be a dab of solder to hold it in place or something else. I'd need a picture before I opened my mouth and say for sure. I know those mod's chipsets are DC-DC "stepdown" converter based so it might be something also with the chipset not correctly regulating and drawing power evenly as well from both batteries...again might be from the spring issue you mentioned or something else going on internally.

Either way I am sorry to hear of your problems. Swap out your mod tomorrow and I would get a fresh set of batteries as well as those have been unevenly drained now and won't quite balance in the new mod. Let us know if the problem persists please?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yes the ipv3 is a step down DC-DC (7volt max) and the batteries are in a stacked series. so the battery in A is taxed more than the battery in B.
it goes without saying swapping the a batt for b every charge is a good idea.

Specs Minimum
Output Power 7 - 150 Watts (165 if upgraded)
Output Voltage 1.0 - 7.0 Volts
Output Current 30.0 A
Atomizer Resistance 0.1 Ohms - 3.0 Ohms (.295 for max at 165 watts)
Input Voltage (Dual-Batteries) 6.2 Volts 8.5 Volts
Input Current 1.3 A 30.0 A
Screen On Current 25 mA (power used)
Quiescent Current 1 mA
Power Down Curren t350 uA
Efficiency 95%
Screen size0.69" OLED
Fire Method Regular Button
Adjust Power Method Up and Down Button
Charging for Battery NO
Software Upgrade/GUI operate YES(YiHi SXi Driver&Upgrade Software)
Charging for Mobile Phone NO

in terms of the display don't trust it. the ohm reader is on par with my separate unit how ever the output in watts is not correct unless your building a .295 coil. hope you at least either swap if you do have an issue but if not and you can not swap upgrading to the 165W firmware will at least give you a better ohm display for resistance

KappaCory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@lordmage I get what you're saying but one side simply doesn't work on the unit making the set itself useless, might as well only have one battery in it, it's a faulty design. I've swapped it out but now I'm just waiting for the same problems to happen again, you can literally hear the strain inside of the unit when installing or removing the batteries, it's quite sad. But, when this happens again should it happen, hoping not, I will take some pictures to show you guys, then I will be giving a certain company a phone call.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i see well here is to hoping it was a fluke

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@lordmage I get what you're saying but one side simply doesn't work on the unit making the set itself useless, might as well only have one battery in it, it's a faulty design. I've swapped it out but now I'm just waiting for the same problems to happen again, you can literally hear the strain inside of the unit when installing or removing the batteries, it's quite sad. But, when this happens again should it happen, hoping not, I will take some pictures to show you guys, then I will be giving a certain company a phone call.

Yes, please do take pictures...it would be great to have a photo of the issue on the forum in case something simular were to happen to another vapor for comparative reasons...Thank you and I hope it was just a bad device and you have better luck with your new one :)

VU Sponsors