Become a Patron!

IPV 5 acting up

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So I have an ipv 5 among other mods. Its about 9 months old. Its been dropped of course But suddenly its acting up.

When I push the fire button the LCD ALWAYS lights up as normal.
Sometimes the atomizer fires perfectly 50% of the time
sometimes it doesnt fire at all 15% of the time
sometimes it feels like its at 1/4 power 15% of the time
sometimes it starts weak and then after about 2 seconds its fine 20% of the time

when it doesnt work properly, releasing and pressing the fire button a second time gets it firing properly

Now so far I have:
tried different tanks that work fine on other mods. And the results are the same, some tanks work a bit better than others

opened the mod up, disassembled the 510 and thoroughly cleaned it. which seemed to improve it slightly but it still acts up.

Check that the battery contacts are clean.

I have switched through multiple sets of batteries

i cleaned the battery contact

I am out of ideas.

So I am turning to the community if someone has any thoughts on how I can save this mod

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks
I followed the instructions on reddit
the first 4 tries and it works, perfectly so far.
hopefully this does the trick

thanks again

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey thanks to both of you for this thread. My IPV quit working several months ago and now I got it going again!

I knew it was the switch and tried cleaning with carb cleaner without opening the switch. It worked for a short while but then quit again.

I feel like this will last a good while it was very dirty in there. I wonder if some sort of grease in there would keep the funk out of it?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i love my IPVs have the d2 3li and 5 but there is something seriously wrong with the button design on the 5. My D2 survived being droppe din the dish water. But this 5 has been a but finicky its definitely not as durable as the 3li and D2

I didnt have much of any dirt in there but there was a tiny piece of dirt i removed. Its been working like new all day now since I did this

VU Sponsors