Become a Patron!

IPV 6X

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not hearing too much about it yet. Has anyone received one yet? Mine shipped out today.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not hearing too much about it yet. Has anyone received one yet? Mine shipped out today.
I'm waiting on a labor day sale. Definitely picking up 2 but only if one is brown. I'm not ordering until the brown one is available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm interested, but gonna wait until I see how well it performs.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I already have the IPV400, and really like the finish and feel of it, it's actually better than I thought it would, so I expect the IPV6x to be just as good, only down points with the IPV400, is the + and - buttons are mushy, and battery life is not as good as the sig 213, hoping the IPV6x won't be the same way.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already have the IPV400, and really like the finish and feel of it, it's actually better than I thought it would, so I expect the IPV6x to be just as good, only down points with the IPV400, is the + and - buttons are mushy, and battery life is not as good as the sig 213, hoping the IPV6x won't be the same way.

Yihi boards aren't known for being overly efficient. I doubt you will see any improvement in the IPV6X.

PS I'm not saying they make bad boards, just saying they aren't the most efficient. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yihi boards aren't known for being overly efficient. I doubt you will see any improvement in the IPV6X.

PS I'm not saying they make bad boards, just saying they aren't the most efficient. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Well in fairness, I do have different batteries in them, but still, can go 3 days (8 hours per day) with the sig 213, but not even get 2 days with the IPV400, but does easily still last a long work day, and that is what is important to me.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my ipv6x today.. Had it for a few hours.. Man this just became my favorite mod. you don't realize how small it is till you actually hold it.. It isn't much bigger then my vtc mini. I am really happy with it. Feels so solid and good in the hand.. It feels the perfect weight as well. Time will tell how it holds up but based on first impressions i think the ipv6x will last a long time. I never had a yihi chip before but man it is doing SS430 in temp really nicely.. I set the tcr to 138 and I am loving the tc on this.. very smooth.. not getting any pulsing like others have said the yihi chips do.. Anyway I think everyone should get one.. it is perfect for an on the go mod.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't go to 200W with a 2 battery mod, most definitely not with 20A batteries, so why would I want to go above it?

I really don't understand what your saying. just because it says it can go above 200w doesn't mean you have to take it that high. You can vape it at whatever you want. Also you don't have to put 20A batteries in it.. you can put 35A batteries or whatever you want. Are you telling me you actually vape at 200w? this mod to me is more about having a dual 18650 portable mod that i can easily take on the go with me. I mostly vape around 60-80watts and a single 18650 just doesn't cut it especially when you start getting low on battery.. it just provides better power and longer life.. That is how I look at this mod. If your normal vape is very high wattage I wouldn't recommend this to you. ok i am high and rambling..

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least now all the people that intended to get the 213/fuchai will get the IPV6X with a proper yihi chip instead.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that most people use their mod well below it's max rating is besides the point.
If a device can't safely reach something it shouldn't be able reach it just as a marketing trick.
You can use 30A continuous batteries (not 35A) but as we all know most people will use 20A ones.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that most people use their mod well below it's max rating is besides the point.
If a device can't safely reach something it shouldn't be able reach it.
You can use 30A continuous batteries (not 35A) but as we all know most people will use 20A ones.

These wattage wars are stupid.. I think everyone can agree on that.. I don't think to many people actually believe that these devices can reach the claimed wattage.. I am not technical but I am sure when a technical review of this device comes out it will show that it doesn't reach it's max and if it comes close it won't stay that way for long until the batteries can't support the wattage anymore. I personally don't see it as a problem. Cause anybody that is actually doing the high wattage I would hope they would know battery safety and the different battery limits.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems I mixed up things a bit, it was the xcube ultra that almost reached it's 220W rating at 0.12
But I suppose if any chinese chip is expected to reach it's rating it's a yihi.

I doubt P4Y will fail on that, I just don't think it's a good idea.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it and I'm loving it. It's small, comfortable, and it works. It's very similar in size to the 213, but being rounded it just seems smaller in the hand and pocket.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got mine yesterday, really liking it too, but do wish there was a way to lock + and - buttons, changed power a few times by accident today.

ts4xy7y.jpg

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also wished it locked. It changed on me a couple times today and caused me to blast my coil with 200 watts briefly. I'm also unsure why mine only goes up to 200watts. Regardless, if you accidently increase the joules to 120 in temp mode, the outcome isn't as severe.

deviantplatypus

Member For 4 Years
Reason for the Voluntary Recall:

Pioneer4You has enhanced the safety features on the iPV 6X.

Pioneer4You has been made aware of a number of consumers that would appreciate additional reverse battery protections on the iPV 6X device.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I waited and waited for this to come available. Bought it from vapor beast as soon as it did. I've had it for not even a week now and low and behold here comes the recall. Then I realized the resistance will not lock in joules mode no matter how many times I press the + - buttons simultaneously. The paperwork says there's a way to lock the device also.....this is a no go as well..... very dissapointed...and I have to pay for the shipping back.....very dissapointing indeed......I loved my ipv4s.....this to me is pretty much a paperweight. I guess I'm done buying p4y equipment.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can lock resistance on mine fine, and not sure why it is a paper weight, it can still be used fine o_O

The recall is due to someone not being careful and putting the batteries in the wrong way, my eyes work fine and I don't take batteries out very often, so I won't be returning it, and wouldn't even if didn't have to pay for the shipping to them and back.

I can lock resistance on mine fine, and not sure why it is a paper weight, it can still be used fine o_O

The recall is due to someone not being careful and putting the batteries in the wrong way, my eyes work fine and I don't take batteries out very often, so I won't be returning it, and wouldn't even if didn't have to pay for the shipping to them and back.
It is a paperweight to me because I vape only in temp control using titanium coils. So no....it can not be used just fine. The resistance will not lock on mine. It's junk to me.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is a paperweight to me because I vape only in temp control using titanium coils. So no....it can not be used just fine. The resistance will not lock on mine. It's junk to me.

You can't return it then?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A recall on the IPV6. No reverse battery protection. Read it on ECR.

If I return it it will be at my cost as well. I already payed 70.00 bucks to get my hands on it......not happy. The thing is I love my ipv4s. And the look and feel of this thing is awesome. But it's junk I'm not willing to pay more for in order to have. Ill give it to my son and just never buy another p4y device again. I mean I could see one issue with it but there are 3 seperate issues with this one.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why don't you think It locks? When you hold up and down together, the screen reads "set resistance". This locks it in for me.
If I return it it will be at my cost as well. I already payed 70.00 bucks to get my hands on it......not happy. The thing is I love my ipv4s. And the look and feel of this thing is awesome. But it's junk I'm not willing to pay more for in order to have. Ill give it to my son and just never buy another p4y device again. I mean I could see one issue with it but there are 3 seperate issues with this one.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Wow, only paid $50 for mine, that sucks, guess you could sell it, your loose money still, but at least get some money back.

I got the IPV4, but didn't use it for long though, to much of a brick, but agree it worked well though, seems most companies rushed to get these mods out before 8/8.

Because when you fire the coil, the display represents the coils changing resistance. It sets it, but won't lock it in it should remain the same as it is set. This is potentially very dangerous.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's malfunctioning either return it for a refund or send it in for service. Keeping a broken mod to save shipping cost doesn't make a helluva a lot of sense.

Cheers,
Steve

Like I said I'll give it to my son and let him do as he pleases with it. Paying more money for what is again likely to be a problematic product doesn't make any sense to me.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
um most IPV devices do teh same thing and it snot something wrong
you lock teh initial resisatnce so the chip and software has a base starting point to do its calculations

but when you press teh fire button the display is current resistance which does change as it heats up
on the 3li,5 and d2 it only changes when you press the fire button in power mode
i forget what it does in tc.
but your mod is not broke
the screen displays current resistance not your locked resistance

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like I said I'll give it to my son and let him do as he pleases with it. Paying more money for what is again likely to be a problematic product doesn't make any sense to me.

It is just showing 'live' resistance. The locked resistance is just for the base reading. When firing, it goes to a live display.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The specific issue seems to be that if you put the batteries in reversed it auto fires at full power. Saw it on YouTube last night (VapeTeam, lol). Mark Fagn tried it then so did Mike-Vapes.

I really wanted one of these. I hope they find the problem and can correct it.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im actually having a strange issue with my ipv6x.. I bought the freemax starre pure which is pretty awesome by the way.. Anyway the freemax came with two coils.. A 0.25 ohm and a 0.5 ohm. I first tried the 0.25 but the ipv6x wouldn't fire and when I looked at the ohms the it was reading at 0.001.. So I thought I had a bad coil so i trashed it.. I put in the 0.5 ohm coil and it was working fine. But the next day which is today I took a break from work and went to vape and it wouldn't fire.. The 0.5 is now reading at 0.003 ohms.. I found that if I unscrew the tank half way off the ipv6x it will fire and read the proper ohms.. I screwed the tank on my buddies smok ultra and it works fine.. But on my ipv6x i have to leave the tank half unscrewed in order to use it.. So what is the deal is it a problem with my ipv6x or the freemax tank.. May have to try it with some other tanks when i get home

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the 510 pin on the tank is longer than the travel on the 510 adapter in the mod.
Similar problems with a handful of other tank/mods.
If the IPV6X is your only mod, you may want to look for another tank.
If you have additional mods, use the Starre Pure on all your other mods EXCEPT the IPV6X.
I know that is NOT a resolution to your problem but it is indeed the answer.
(Unless you manually change the 510 adapter on the mod to a better one)

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im actually having a strange issue with my ipv6x.. I bought the freemax starre pure which is pretty awesome by the way.. Anyway the freemax came with two coils.. A 0.25 ohm and a 0.5 ohm. I first tried the 0.25 but the ipv6x wouldn't fire and when I looked at the ohms the it was reading at 0.001.. So I thought I had a bad coil so i trashed it.. I put in the 0.5 ohm coil and it was working fine. But the next day which is today I took a break from work and went to vape and it wouldn't fire.. The 0.5 is now reading at 0.003 ohms.. I found that if I unscrew the tank half way off the ipv6x it will fire and read the proper ohms.. I screwed the tank on my buddies smok ultra and it works fine.. But on my ipv6x i have to leave the tank half unscrewed in order to use it.. So what is the deal is it a problem with my ipv6x or the freemax tank.. May have to try it with some other tanks when i get home
I had a spring loaded 510 on another mod that when tank was fully seated, the wire at bottom of 510 pin was making contact behind fire button. Worked fine with tank unscrewed a turn or so. Took top off mod and messed with wire. Has worked fine since. Not sure if you are experiencing something like that or not. Just throwing it out there.

HD

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the 510 pin on the tank is longer than the travel on the 510 adapter in the mod.
Similar problems with a handful of other tank/mods.
If the IPV6X is your only mod, you may want to look for another tank.
If you have additional mods, use the Starre Pure on all your other mods EXCEPT the IPV6X.
I know that is NOT a resolution to your problem but it is indeed the answer.
(Unless you manually change the 510 adapter on the mod to a better one)

I do have other mods.. I may just use the starre pure with my h-priv.. when I get home I will test it on my other mods.. but that sucks cause the ipv6x was suppose to be my on the go mod due to the size of it.. I also wanted the starre pure to be my on the go tank due to the top air flow/no leaking.. real shame.. what also sucks is i threw my .25 coil in the trash thinking it was a bad coil.. damn..

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have other mods.. I may just use the starre pure with my h-priv.. when I get home I will test it on my other mods.. but that sucks cause the ipv6x was suppose to be my on the go mod due to the size of it.. I also wanted the starre pure to be my on the go tank due to the top air flow/no leaking.. real shame.. what also sucks is i threw my .25 coil in the trash thinking it was a bad coil.. damn..
Totally understood.
Since the H-Priv is such a great mod at least you won't be using a shit mod due to manufacture idiocy.
The IPV6X is the ONLY mod I have every pre-ordered.
I just received an email stating they cancelled my order and converted it to store credit due to manufacture suckiness.
I'm not saying Pioneer4You truly sucks, but damnit they really dropped the ball on this mod.
I was already uncomfortable doing a pre-order and then they changed it from an IPV6 to an IPV6X as I waited.
Then as people FINALLY started to get theirs, I started seeing the issues being reported.
I can't say if it is a good or bad mod in general due to not having one, I also don't think its a POS.
I think there area few issues with it and since it took them SOO damn long to finally start shipping the device, many other mods have came out.
With that being said, I probably won't be ordering one to replace my cancelled pre-order.
Well, that and it isn't like I am in dire need of a new mod.
I do tend to have a few available at all times.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today. Nice mod. Same height as the Fuchai 213, but a tad thinner and a bit lighter. Seems to be working perfectly in wattage mode.

I have two cons. First, the inability to lock the front buttons. That's a PITA for me because I my mods are in my pockets a lot. Second, no USB charging/ passthru. I don't use USB charging much, but it is helpful when I'm driving or sitting at my desk. UPDATE - it does charge via the USB, but no vaping while charging.

Those two cons won't stop me from using it, but it probably won't see as much action as my 213.

6d87a1a54fef458c6a901b7fbea7a1b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@heateris, since there's no USB port, it means no updates?

There's is a USB port. I guess it's just for firmware upgrades. When I plugged in a charger it showed the battery voltage but no indication it was charging. Also, when I pressed the fire button nothing happened.

I'm gonna go hook it up to a charger again. for a little bit to see if it charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors