Become a Patron!

ipv d2 or sigeli 75w tc

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cant decide which one to get, the ipv cost a little more and looks a little better

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i seen it a few places, the ipv comes out this week some places

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i seen it a few places, the ipv comes out this week some places
I see.

I base many of my mod choices off the board inside and would probably start there and then consider looks and ergonomics but I don't know enough about either of the two devices to steer you one way or the other.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd stick to yihi. Sigelei is using there own board now so I'd go with pionner

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The IPV4 debacle doesn't exactly make me run to P4U.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have to say the IPV D2 looks wise is on point, Sigelei 75w TC is an acquired taste but feels much more robust.

Personally am waiting on the release of the Sigelei 150w TC before I make up my mind which Temp device to go for. Sigelei have mixed up the design with this device and if they have managed to keep their build quality up to par with all of their past models, I will be a happy boy. Especially if the chip performs as expected.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd stick to yihi. Sigelei is using there own board now so I'd go with pionner

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me correctly the Sigelei chip is a modded Yihi chip, I could be wrong.

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes, love how the ipv d2 looks, even tho it looks plastic, 150 too powerful lol, don't need that much power 75w is plenty. sigeli uses modded yihi chip whatever that means. The sigeli if it were all black. the d3 is also cheaper.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes, love how the ipv d2 looks, even tho it looks plastic, 150 too powerful lol, don't need that much power 75w is plenty. sigeli uses modded yihi chip whatever that means. The sigeli if it were all black. the d3 is also cheaper.

My preference is for dual 18650 devices, I am a heavy vaper and like the battery life from a dual device. Plus I don't feel comfortable pushing a 75w device to its max all day every day. But yeah the D2 looks hella cool.

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have no need for 75w, 30 at the most. Actually don't know yet, i just got my kayfun v4

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have no need for 75w, 30 at the most. Actually don't know yet, i just got my kayfun v4

Very nice, looks wise the v4 would probably sit nicer with the Sigelei 75w with its chunky side panels. But then you would need to invest in a good belt to keep your pants from falling down. Lol

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I totally get that, have to admit I get odd looks chain vaping as I walk down the street, on a device that looks like remote bomb detonator.

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
never bought an drip tip, usually ok with whatever it comes with

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you need to look up pbusardo then sounds like you two may be distant cousins or something.
he pretty much vapes the same way you do.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the idea of a single battery mod with a magnetic door and carrying two spare batteries in a battery box if I'm gonna be away from home for awhile. Quick and easy battery swapping without having to use a ridiculously big mod. I haven't liked any ipv mod yet, but of these two I'd have to go with the ipv over the sig. Of course that's based on looks only. Reviews could change my vote to the sig or maybe neither. Just some rambling thoughts. Happy hunting.

I wish pbusardo would do a review on IPV D2 i love the technical shit and osilloscope info. He does get long winded though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sig 75 hands down... I got one yesterday, I did handle the IPV as well but it felt a little cheaply made. I couldn't be happier with the 75, tc seems to work great and you can tell it's a well made device. As far as the board, a tc device from sig has been a long time in coming, I am reasonably sure they did their research before just putting it on the market.

I really like the large screen, dual battery doors and overall heft of the 75 as well...the second you pick it up you can tell it's a quality device....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
only if it were a tad smaller, should have my d2 in hand next week

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
only if it were a tad smaller, should have my d2 in hand next week
Yea the sig is a wee bit smaller, but after packing a sig 150 and ipv4 daily it is pretty much miniature to me... I have HUGE hands too

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let us know what you think when you get it!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cant understand why P4U used that charging system instead of the the mini USB. That's why Id get the Sig. Ahh what the hell, I'll probably end up with both of them eventually...:confused:

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was at the b&m again today and took a second look at the d2....i like the size but it just looks cheap to me, kind of like a step up from an I stick.... Im just not impressed

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the Sigelei when it came out, after a week of having overheat warning and draining batteries in an hour had to return, it really did have potential. Seen others have similar experiences, maybe just not cut out for chain vape and why some don't have problem. Only had D2 since yesterday, but very impressed, I think build quality is good, size can't ask for smaller, and performing in all modes as I would expect. Only negative is that I don't think it is reading resistance accurately, on the high side and slight problem for TC. Hoping just something missed due to not reading manual.

Think both devices are great, big personal preference to D2 due to size. Hope my problems with Sigelei were fluke or defect on my device because was promising.

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
does it look like it can take a drop or two? is it plastic?

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea sigelei problems must have been a fluke, I run mine with either a .2 ohm fused clapton in my mxv4 @ 70 watts or a Herakles with .2 ohm ni200 coils and I am getting roughly 6-8 hours of chain vaping...

And I did get one overheat warning, but it was due to the Orchid with .25 duals that was getting hot and transferring to the device....

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It feels like pot metal :) jus sayin

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
d4958f69af924d92a91bcecc53f28ee4.jpg

I lied... I hate sigelei

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sig 75 hands down... I got one yesterday, I did handle the IPV as well but it felt a little cheaply made. I couldn't be happier with the 75, tc seems to work great and you can tell it's a well made device. As far as the board, a tc device from sig has been a long time in coming, I am reasonably sure they did their research before just putting it on the market.

I really like the large screen, dual battery doors and overall heft of the 75 as well...the second you pick it up you can tell it's a quality device....

I was just starting to slightly regret getting my Sig75 after seeing this tiny device, but that makes me feel better. I am sure it is a modded Yihi chip anyway? When I pull the battery holding fire, it does not say yihi, just loads of numbers and version 2.1, but it may be a modified YIHI, or hopefully on par with one.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the Sigelei when it came out, after a week of having overheat warning and draining batteries in an hour had to return, it really did have potential. Seen others have similar experiences, maybe just not cut out for chain vape and why some don't have problem. Only had D2 since yesterday, but very impressed, I think build quality is good, size can't ask for smaller, and performing in all modes as I would expect. Only negative is that I don't think it is reading resistance accurately, on the high side and slight problem for TC. Hoping just something missed due to not reading manual.

Think both devices are great, big personal preference to D2 due to size. Hope my problems with Sigelei were fluke or defect on my device because was promising.
Ahh thats no good man, mine lasts all day (the battery, 25R) I mainly use it in POWER mode though and not TC. I have used TC though also, and did not notice any issues.

I know my chip is revision 2.1, so may of ironed out some issues, mine is from the second batch apparently according to my shop, the first batch had rattling issues, mine has no rattle, and has become my all day vape! I hope they have ironed the problems out, as seriously, mine works fine and the battery lasts most of the day :s.

VU Sponsors