Become a Patron!

ipv d2 temp control

I just got into vaping and I started out with a recommended temp control mod-ipv D2. I have never used kanthol coils or wattage mode, so I don't know any benefits going on over there. Im using a kanger subtank nano with .15 ohm Ni200 coils. 20-45 watts. I have a few questions. my goal is to be informed so that I can maximize vapor production as well as flavor.
1.) why did the dude in the store tell me I should't go past 35 J, and what are "safe" ranges"?
2.) If i want more vapor/flavor should I turn up joules or temp? which does which?
3.) what are benefits of setting the resistance higher or lower than .15? safety? preference?

a response to all 3 would be great but knowledge of any is great too! thanks ahead of time.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
1.) dude = uneducated. Sales persons, lawyers and Hillary, are the biggest liars. See 2.)
2.) Increment temperature for more vapor, not necessarily more flavor. However, it also depends on your juice, whether it likes high temperatures or not. The Joules/Wattages in TC mode, are mainly controlling the heat up time of the coil. It requires some experimenting, in order to find the right setting for both, and satisfying your preferences.
3.) setting the resistance of the coil(s), which should be done with cold coil(s), is important for the TC to work properly.

Hope this answered your questions. Otherwise, feel free to ask!

1.) dude = uneducated. Sales persons, lawyers and Hillary, are the biggest liars. See 2.)
2.) Increment temperature for more vapor, not necessarily more flavor. However, it also depends on your juice, whether it likes high temperatures or not. The Joules/Wattages in TC mode, are mainly controlling the heat up time of the coil. It requires some experimenting, in order to find the right setting for both, and satisfying your preferences.
3.) setting the resistance of the coil(s), which should be done with cold coil(s), is important for the TC to work properly.

Hope this answered your questions. Otherwise, feel free to ask!
yes the first 2 points!!! thanks!

Ive been having trouble with the accuracy of the reading. sometimes on a new coil it will read as low as .04 and as high as .6. I have experimented with how tight or lose the coil and bottom threads are screwed on and it doesn't regulate until i've fired it a few times and let it return to a cool enough temp

I was wondering if I should set it at exactly .15 or something else...room temp puts it really low...like .112

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe someone with a IPV D2 can answer that question.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Both of my D2's read lower (I'm almost positive) than my IVP4 and my VTC which agree with each other. The D2's both agree so I'm assuming it's something in their wiring.

If a coil is set .020 lower than it is it's a cooler vape, but one that simply turning up the temperature doesn't exactly compensate for. It's an easy work around, give the coil a little power and then reset it until it cools off enough to be what it should be.
The only way to compensate for a coil setting too high (say your in a room that is 85°) is stick the mod in the refrigerator.

2) The only thing I've found Joules to do is ramp your temperature faster. If it's set too high it "bounces", power, no power, power, no power until it levels off. If it's set too low it simply won't ever get to temperature.

Haven't had the problem of something needing to fire before it would regulate.

It almost sounds like your tank connection isn't quite reaching the connection on the D2 solidly.

If there's a screw on the bottom of your tank's 510 connection, unscrew it about a quarter turn.
can get a second opinion on this? I watched a video of a guy who said do not whatsoever turn the screw or you will break this mod.

Both of my D2's read lower (I'm almost positive) than my IVP4 and my VTC which agree with each other. The D2's both agree so I'm assuming it's something in their wiring.

If a coil is set .020 lower than it is it's a cooler vape, but one that simply turning up the temperature doesn't exactly compensate for. It's an easy work around, give the coil a little power and then reset it until it cools off enough to be what it should be.
The only way to compensate for a coil setting too high (say your in a room that is 85°) is stick the mod in the refrigerator.

2) The only thing I've found Joules to do is ramp your temperature faster. If it's set too high it "bounces", power, no power, power, no power until it levels off. If it's set too low it simply won't ever get to temperature.

Haven't had the problem of something needing to fire before it would regulate.
which battery are you using in your d2?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
can get a second opinion on this? I watched a video of a guy who said do not whatsoever turn the screw or you will break this mod.
Your right..that slotted pin in the 510 is non adjustable... Twisting it could break the soldered wireless attached to it..that said, I would check your Atty on a separate ohm meter... If it reads open then there's a bad connection in the coil/build...just a thought and I hope you get it figured out..good luck!

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It almost sounds like your tank connection isn't quite reaching the connection on the D2 solidly.

If there's a screw on the bottom of your tank's 510 connection, unscrew it about a quarter turn.
If the 510 pin/screw is adjustable, then you can do so. Otherwise, the positive post might come lose.

VU Sponsors