Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
After DHL torturing me all day this bad boy finally arrived .. The packaging looks really basic on the outside, but it is a proper gift box insert on the inside. You get a little user manual, Amodus distribution warranty card, and there is a QC sticker beneath the device.And it does come with a USB charging card which is underneath the top insert.

3sn1U5n.jpg

My initial impression is that I am not at all disappointed with it. It looks and feels exactly as I thought it would be based on all the pre-sale information that P4U put out. The build quality feels solid, my LG-HE2 fit nicely inside. My only complaint would the light scratches on the display screen, and there are several actually, but it is less noticeable when the device is turned on the screen is illuminated.

I am inundated with STUFF at the moment, so I only inserted a battery, made sure it turned on, and that the wattage up/down buttons worked. I did a quick size comparison between the ZNA in 18500, and the Zero Modz, and the IPV Mini is taller than both, but overall it still comes off as small.

I also screwed on a GP Heron and took a few vapes at 15W, and all was good with it ... my official review will take a few before its published, but at least those who are interested in it can get a better idea of what to expect. :)

And Yay, I got the Gold! :p

Dhn5jwV.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny they call it the mini, but it is the largest in your pic of the line up, but it does look pretty slick though :)

Glad to see you got the flowers I sent you :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Funny they call it the mini, but it is the largest in your pic of the line up, but it does look pretty slick though :)

Glad to see you got the flowers I sent you :p

Yeah but realistically it is still small overall, but I get what you are saying ... it handles like the ZNA, the shape and size are very similar.

ETA: I just caught the crack about the flowers :p No you owe me flowers bubsie!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You sure it has scratches on the display screen ? I can't tell you how many think their screen is scratched until they manage to get the plastic film off of it .

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was just looking at this PV, looking forward to read your review. Can you post more pics and how do the buttons feel? Does it have a spring load connector?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You sure it has scratches on the display screen ? I can't tell you how many think their screen is scratched until they manage to get the plastic film off of it .

You are the second person to ask me that, but no there is no plastic film on the screen .. And I did recheck after being asked, but no. Its no biggie because it is not glaring or anything, you certainly cannot pick it up from the photos. But I had to mention it since it does exist .. I also noticed another minor flaw around the top cap area when I pulled it out to check again for that "film" ...

All in all, it seems good so far, but of course I will reserve final judgement until I begin using it all day every day. So long as the chip doesn't fail, I don't think that anyone who bought it will be disappointed with it. It is for the most part exactly what I expected to receive :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was just looking at this PV, looking forward to read your review. Can you post more pics and how do the buttons feel? Does it have a spring load connector?

I will try to post more pics in the days to come .. the buttons, are not fantastic but they are not bad either. They are clicky and responsive, but not my favorite kind of clicky. I like subtle clickiness like the Zero .. but they don't rattle or feel like they will fall out. I would have preferred stainless steel buttons, something that felt more solid and less hollow. But they are no worse then the buttons on the Vaporshark rDNA.

The VS buttons are not bad per se, just not what I would expect for a nearly 200 dollar device. That review is posting on Monday :) You know what I find interesting though .. The VS is one or the more expensive devices that I have reviewed, yet I never posted a single photo of it, or started a thread to discuss it. That speaks volumes ..;)

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Nikkita! I appreciate the first look. To me this device would have been perfect if it was 40w, I think 30w is just a bit under my perfect vape for a great pairing for my Atlantis (I really love the Atlantis at 35 to 40w). Not a bad device at all, but it could have been a bit better fit at 40w I think. And I know this chip could have been pushed a bit further. 40w also would have been great with a single 18650 for reasonable power and battery life. Still an interesting mod, but falls just shy of a perfect fit for me.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you think this is a better mod than the beyang 3.0? I like the idea of being able to change the battery out. I have never owned a regulated device over 15W and have been strictly mechs for a long time now. I want a small 30W device that I can keep in my pocket "just in case" i need it (like for some reason my mech I have with me fails on me) where do you suggest buying this one from?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
do you think this is a better mod than the beyang 3.0? I like the idea of being able to change the battery out. I have never owned a regulated device over 15W and have been strictly mechs for a long time now. I want a small 30W device that I can keep in my pocket "just in case" i need it (like for some reason my mech I have with me fails on me) where do you suggest buying this one from?

I am not familiar with the beyang 3.0, so I cannot say if its better or not. I think its a good candidate for a pocket friendly device .. there seem to be several vendors selling this based on a lot of posts that I have seen, but I have no idea which of them has the better price or the best reputation. Google it and do some price comparisons, and there is also another thread in this section where some have posted links for some vendors. :)

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We have the ipv mini ariving at the store in the next week or so. I'll get a chance to play with one then,but thanks for the heads up on what to expect. We try to offer a good all around kind of selection for our customers and the mini will be going in the case with the ipv 2 and 3, the mvp2 and the istick. Sounds like it will be a nice fit for our customer who want the compact device with the not so compact power.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got mine an hour ago and so far impressed. Mine did have plastic on screen. I have an istick and I love it and is great for work but I like this ipv mini size. Not big, not small at least for my hands. Nice feel. For $57 well worth it. Fastest ship I ever got off ebay also. Looks awesome with kayfun or nautilus tank on it.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am seriously considering this device. The pictures of the actual item in the OP, look like the build quality is a tad bit better than the pre-release pictures. Would like to see more. I check the spec on the YiHi chip, and they seem good. The iStick is PWM, and this one should be more DNAish. I like that it does lower than 7 watts. Some of my thin, high throat hit liquids I still use and need 6 watts. I feel so whimpy saying that. But it is what it is.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got mine an hour ago and so far impressed. Mine did have plastic on screen. I have an istick and I love it and is great for work but I like this ipv mini size. Not big, not small at least for my hands. Nice feel. For $57 well worth it. Fastest ship I ever got off ebay also. Looks awesome with kayfun or nautilus tank on it.

Yes, mine had plastic too .. I realized it when I was doing my review pics today (sigh). But I swear I looked at it twice and I couldn't see any edges for a film .. that was a really good protective film, lol :p And yes, I have a completely pristine display screen :)

bubh6Rx.jpg

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am seriously considering this device. The pictures of the actual item in the OP, look like the build quality is a tad bit better than the pre-release pictures. Would like to see more. I check the spec on the YiHi chip, and they seem good. The iStick is PWM, and this one should be more DNAish. I like that it does lower than 7 watts. Some of my thin, high throat hit liquids I still use and need 6 watts. I feel so whimpy saying that. But it is what it is.

This Yihi chip actually has a PWM mode and DC-DC mode which you can select from standby mode. I don't know why it would include a PWM mode because who would really choose that over a flat DC signal? o_O

So far I think the Mini is sweet, and rather slick looking for a budget mod. No complaints thus far. :)

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This Yihi chip actually has a PWM mode and DC-DC mode which you can select from standby mode. I don't know why it would include a PWM mode because who would really choose that over a flat DC signal? o_O

So far I think the Mini is sweet, and rather slick looking for a budget mod. No complaints thus far. :)
Is the DC-DC a just a pure passthrough to the battery source?. Basically a direct connection with some, short protection. The SX200 in the Siegeli 20W was a very clean signal using a YiHi. The Provari uses PWM but filters it up so its a clean signal. Hopefully someone will put it on the bench quickly and look at the signal, to see if its DNA type control

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Is the DC-DC a just a pure passthrough to the battery source?. Basically a direct connection with some, short protection. The SX200 in the Siegeli 20W was a very clean signal using a YiHi. The Provari uses PWM but filters it up so its a clean signal. Hopefully someone will put it on the bench quickly and look at the signal, to see if its DNA type control

Well is there any other kind hun?

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well is there any other kind hun?
I was meaning that some have a passthrough where you get just what the battery has, like a mech MOD. I am looking to have a regulated MOD where the watts selected do not have a huge PWM spike and drop and spike and drop when its delivering volts. Istick has spikes. Siegeli 20W and others do not. Because its a YiHi chip I as with the Sig 20W.....I am expecting it to be a nice flat line on the scope.

Rawmade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All VV/Vw mods are PWM. Some just low frequency (rattlesnakes) and others high frequency (the ones people consider flat DC). Provari, DNA, SX, Raptor, all high frequency PWM.
Also, passthru generally refers to an external source powering the device over the battery, such as a 9v plug or USB for lower wattage devices.
Youre thinking of a bypass mode.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was meaning that some have a passthrough where you get just what the battery has, like a mech MOD. I am looking to have a regulated MOD where the watts selected do not have a huge PWM spike and drop and spike and drop when its delivering volts. Istick has spikes. Siegeli 20W and others do not. Because its a YiHi chip I as with the Sig 20W.....I am expecting it to be a nice flat line on the scope.

Aha I get what you mean now .. So no, it doesn't have a "mechanical mod" mode like some of the SMOK boxes do where you can use DC from the battery. And the IPV Mini is not PWM unless you select that mode .. that was the point of my earlier comment. Its a flat DC signal unless you change modes to PWM.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So we got the mini and some other mods in the store today. Ive had a chance to give it a once over and i admit im just a little disappointed. It is a clean build BUT, and you cant tell it from any of the photographs ive seen. The body of the ipv mini is a stamped sheet metal clam shell. After the ipvs2and 3 i would have expected better construction materials.for me its a bit of a let down.
I havent had a change to put it through any paces,i'll do that tomorrow.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got the mini today from Eciggity in Hawaii, used a C.C. 10percentof and got free shipping grand total $51.29.
Like most vendors I've seen only the silver is available.
First impressions, pretty nice, quit happy.
I do like the ability to switch from PWM to DC-DC and power memory settings.
Saw mention above where someone said they had scratches on their display screen so took a look at mine and damn I had scratches also, BUT it had plastic so the screen is perfect.
Found out one thing early, watch accidentally pushing the + - buttons, one is pre-set to 30 watts LOL, that's one hot hit.. and in the DC mode so bumps it up, but max outs at 13 amps, I suppose that's good in ways or alright anyhow especially with the price of the bats lately.
Nice little unit thus far, can't find any immediate issues.
Seems the spring loaded is pretty stiff but I'll bet it loosens up over time and haven't had a minute to mess to much with it but noticed a flat head slot in the contact and wondering if it might tighten in or out a little maybe UN-tensioning the spring..?? Don't know, yet..
Just wondering, if anyone hears about a way to flip the screen like with the Evolv DNA40 please hollar out, this screen was one notice that bugs me a little, great for a lefty though.
Quick measure comparing an Istick it's just a bit under an inch taller than Istick, and depth about 1/4" diff from display to back and around 1/8th wider or so, not a bunch really and the ergo's are near same, real comfortable.

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Nikki, found ya ;) im liking what i'm hearing sofar about IPV mini :) not forced to use PWM = Bonus. if this SX130 chip turns out to be really good, i'm putting one in my Wotofo ZNA clone. I can't handle the delayed firing anymore! my IPV mini will hopefully be here soon! :)

Cheers Nik :)

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aha I get what you mean now .. So no, it doesn't have a "mechanical mod" mode like some of the SMOK boxes do where you can use DC from the battery. And the IPV Mini is not PWM unless you select that mode .. that was the point of my earlier comment. Its a flat DC signal unless you change modes to PWM.
A flood of these mini are floating on ships heading into the ports right now. The iStick really beat them all to the punch, and they got rewarded bigtime with sales. The iStick should have the huge advantage for Christmas dollars.

I am liking the Sigelei unit. So long as that battery door really sticks down well. A ZNA with a real SX Mini would be perfect. I will probably have to wait another 3 weeks to plunk my money down now.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/more-mini-mods-coming-our-way.39258/#post-223024

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very nice looking device. Nice lines too.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi Nikki, found ya ;) im liking what i'm hearing sofar about IPV mini :) not forced to use PWM = Bonus. if this SX130 chip turns out to be really good, i'm putting one in my Wotofo ZNA clone. I can't handle the delayed firing anymore! my IPV mini will hopefully be here soon! :)

Cheers Nik :)

Nelson my boo .. so nice to see you and my handsome Max in your avatar. He still looks precious :) .. Update on the IPV Mini, I was wrong, there is a delay when firing from standby :oops: The screens dims as soon as you stop firing, so because I was not looking clearly at the screen, I thought is was firing from standby but it doesn't .. Also some other interesting discoveries about the accuracy of the chip, so check out my review tomorrow when it publishes ;-)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
A flood of these mini are floating on ships heading into the ports right now. The iStick really beat them all to the punch, and they got rewarded bigtime with sales. The iStick should have the huge advantage for Christmas dollars.

I am liking the Sigelei unit. So long as that battery door really sticks down well. A ZNA with a real SX Mini would be perfect. I will probably have to wait another 3 weeks to plunk my money down now.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/more-mini-mods-coming-our-way.39258/#post-223024

Well that flat DC signal is not so flat after testing o_O ... stay tuned for the review ;)

I have to check out the Sigelei Mini, not to excited over the Cloupor ..

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that flat DC signal is not so flat after testing o_O ... stay tuned for the review ;)

I have to check out the Sigelei Mini, not to excited over the Cloupor ..

I hate hearing that about the Cloupor Mini 30w... it's size is so close to that of the VS DNA/rDNA and with the replaceable 18650... I was hoping to hear better things about it. Of course, considering the latest T6 and T8 reviews, perhaps I was asking too much.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All VV/Vw mods are PWM. Some just low frequency (rattlesnakes) and others high frequency (the ones people consider flat DC). Provari, DNA, SX, Raptor, all high frequency PWM.
Also, passthru generally refers to an external source powering the device over the battery, such as a 9v plug or USB for lower wattage devices.
Youre thinking of a bypass mode.

MVP is high frequency as well , a few years ago it was thoroughly tested alongside some other mods and the MVP's signal was just under that of the Provari. For a device that costs five times less that's very impressive

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
MVP is high frequency as well , a few years ago it was thoroughly tested alongside some other mods and the MVP's signal was just under that of the Provari. For a device that costs five times less that very impressive
Just goes to show how little justification there is for the price point of some devices. Provari P3 for $250; for a 20 watt device? C'mon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So we got the mini and some other mods in the store today. Ive had a chance to give it a once over and i admit im just a little disappointed. It is a clean build BUT, and you cant tell it from any of the photographs ive seen. The body of the ipv mini is a stamped sheet metal clam shell. After the ipvs2and 3 i would have expected better construction materials.for me its a bit of a let down.
I havent had a change to put it through any paces,i'll do that tomorrow.

That was one of the things i was curious about , i just could not see a device like this in that price range being solid aluminum , i thought the shell was either hard plastic or sheet like aluminum.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just goes to show how little justification there is for the price point of some devices. Provari P3 for $250; for a 20 watt device? C'mon

I know it's surprising to me as well , the MVP was not compared to the Provari P3 , it was compared to the P2 with some sophisticated testing equipment . I wish i could find those postings , it compared a bunch of devices.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know it's surprising to me as well , the MVP was not compared to the Provari P3 , it was compared to the P2 with some sophisticated testing equipment . I wish i could find those postings , it compared a bunch of devices.
I was just ranting a little; to me, $150-180 is the threshold for almost any device; though I don't hold any judgement for those who spend more than that on a device, it's simply high fashion jewelry at that point.

I do own a Tag Heur watch; so I can't be too judgemental, as it's really no better than a nicer Timex lol

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh Nikkita, I hope your review isn't going to be too bad as I just ordered one. Although as long as it doesn't singe my nose hairs I'll be okay with it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope and expect Nikkita's review to be as honest and straight forward as possible pointing out the negatives and positives . Any reviewer who isn't able to do that despite their personal feelings about a product is pretty much a worthless reviewer imo.

Showing favoritism or disdain for a product is extremely easy to distinguish and those types of reviews are not helpful at all to me. If the items manufacturer is providing the item to be reviewed this can be tricky as you can bet most want a positive conclusion.

It's the reviewers who can refrain from being sucked into that , that i really respect.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope and expect Nikkita's review to be as honest and straight forward as possible pointing out the negatives and positives . Any reviewer who isn't able to do that despite their personal feelings about a product is pretty much a worthless reviewer imo.

Showing favoritism or disdain for a product is extremely easy to distinguish and those types of reviews are not helpful at all to me. If the items manufacturer is providing the item to be reviewed this can be tricky as you can bet most want a positive conclusion.

It's the reviewers who can refrain from being sucked into that , that i really respect.

Did anyone say they expected otherwise from Nikkita? Or is that what you are saying?

This seems like a cheap shot at someone. Just not sure who.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did anyone say they expected otherwise from Nikkita? Or is that what you are saying?

This seems like a cheap shot at someone. Just not sure who.

I don't always agree with VH Fan's opinions... but I've never seen him take a cheap shot at others... you misunderstand his intentions is all I believe that is going on.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't always agree with VH Fan's opinions... but I've never seen him take a cheap shot at others... you misunderstand his intentions is all I believe that is going on.

Thanks. I hope so.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I hate hearing that about the Cloupor Mini 30w... it's size is so close to that of the VS DNA/rDNA and with the replaceable 18650... I was hoping to hear better things about it. Of course, considering the latest T6 and T8 reviews, perhaps I was asking too much.

Oh no dear, I was speaking of the IPV mini that doesn't have a flat DC signal .. the verdict is way out on the Cloupor Mini, although I would like to think that they could get the Mini right. Their Hana clone was for sure a flat DC signal.

I have the T8, haven't started using it yet .. the T6 was an utter disappointment on so many levels. For the T8 I can at least say that I like the enclosure and size a lot better. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
MVP is high frequency as well , a few years ago it was thoroughly tested alongside some other mods and the MVP's signal was just under that of the Provari. For a device that costs five times less that very impressive

The Variant clone is also a high frequency PWM chip, and unless you test it you would swear that it was a flat DC signal, not even the tiniest bit of rattlesnake. It vapes quieter than my proven flat DC signal devices. But .. Limwell did tell me it was a flat DC signal and its not.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Oh Nikkita, I hope your review isn't going to be too bad as I just ordered one. Although as long as it doesn't singe my nose hairs I'll be okay with it.

Oh no hun, its not a bad review at all. Just based on real use alone I like the IPV mini and will continue to use it long after the review is over, which is something I only do with devices that I like. But the chip is not accurate in terms of voltage output .. surprisingly so. But I was happily vaping it until I put it on my meter :oops:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Agreed .. I like to be the deliverer of good news, but that is not always the case. The IPV mini proved tricky for me because I actually like the device, but I can't ignore what the numbers showed me. So in the end its a little weird for me to say I like this device, but the numbers are not accurate. But in the end I have to strike a balance between my objective observations, and my subjective experience during real use.

VU Sponsors