IPV Mini 30W unboxing pics and 1st impressions

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I feel like as consumers there is a lot that we can forgive so long as we are clear about what we are getting. And its not like the device was horrible, so I don't think you should regret your purchase either. I believe that most will be happy with it barring any more severe QC defects, and I hope your Mini gets to you soon :)

I'll let you know when I get it and what I think.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be curious when you test the Sigelei Mini 30W. I have heard it has a YiHi, and I have also heard it has their own custom chip. I already own a Sigelei that has a YiHi in it, so I am thinking why would they bother to do anything besides YiHi again. Maybe its a one off chip run just for Sig by YiHi.

Either way I want my mini's to go down to at least 6W if not 5..... 7W often a tad too high for my NON-Max VG juices.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i did find something with the ipv mini that i think could turn into a safety issue. theres a optional set up for a usb output adapter(maybe being released later on?) but when you hit power up/down at the same time you set 'mobile on'.......yeah, its basically auto fire. so if you have an atomzer on there, those two buttons get hit in a pocket or purse/backpack or something theres a potential for someone to have a very bad day.

pdxjlb

Member For 4 Years
For those who are interested, here is a link to my IPV Mini review :)

http://vapingcheap.com/ipv-mini-review-30w-box-mod/
Nikkita6,
Would you say, regardless of the testing you've done personally, that the iPV mini is more accurate (and ultimately safer to use) than the Cloupor 30w box that's been floating around?

I pulled the trigger on this iPV last night from VapeNW, which has currently black and silver in stock for $49.99. Which I feel is very reasonable for an updated device that has the simplistic battery removal process this box mod offers.

I appreciate your review. Thank you :D Happy holidays :D

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'll be curious when you test the Sigelei Mini 30W. I have heard it has a YiHi, and I have also heard it has their own custom chip. I already own a Sigelei that has a YiHi in it, so I am thinking why would they bother to do anything besides YiHi again. Maybe its a one off chip run just for Sig by YiHi.

Either way I want my mini's to go down to at least 6W if not 5..... 7W often a tad too high for my NON-Max VG juices.

You are the second person to ask me about reviewing the Sigelei Mini, so it looks like I need to make that happen. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i did find something with the ipv mini that i think could turn into a safety issue. theres a optional set up for a usb output adapter(maybe being released later on?) but when you hit power up/down at the same time you set 'mobile on'.......yeah, its basically auto fire. so if you have an atomzer on there, those two buttons get hit in a pocket or purse/backpack or something theres a potential for someone to have a very bad day.

I did think it was weird that the mobile charging function was powered through the 510 connection. Being that it was an "optional" feature only available with additional purchase of the adapter, and I have not seen it available for sale, I didn't even include it in the review. But I agree, this does sound potentially dangerous.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nikkita6,
Would you say, regardless of the testing you've done personally, that the iPV mini is more accurate (and ultimately safer to use) than the Cloupor 30w box that's been floating around?

I pulled the trigger on this iPV last night from VapeNW, which has currently black and silver in stock for $49.99. Which I feel is very reasonable for an updated device that has the simplistic battery removal process this box mod offers.

I appreciate your review. Thank you :D Happy holidays :D

Well, while I wouldn't discourage you from your purchase, based on the two Cloupor 30W chips that I have used (V2 and V3) I would have to say No, the IPV Mini is not more accurate than those. The Cloupor V2 chip has battery drain issues, but is otherwise very accurate on resistance and voltage output. The V3 chip is better, with no battery and also more accurate in terms of voltage output based on testing.

Of all Cloupor products that I have used and am familiar with, the Cloupor V3 30W is the one that I would recommend .. but again do not be discouraged by your purchase of the IPV mini, as I have spoken to several people who are happy with it and feel that it serves their needs. I hope that sometime in the near future someone like PBusardo may review the IPV mini also, and then we can see whether my experience/testing was a fluke, or an across the board reality. :)

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off, I love a good regulated box mod. Something about the whole rectangular contour.

However the design on this one would be the reason holding me back on purchasing it. I'm not too keen on the shape but that's just my opinion.
If you like it that's what matters!

How is the vapor production?

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, mine came in this afternoon. So far no problems. It has hit with everything I have put on it, from drippers to Nautilus minis. Right now I have my Fogger v4 with a pretty high build and it is fine. It feels solid and has a bit of weight to it. Of course Time will Tell.

VU Sponsors