Become a Patron!

IPV Mini - Voltage Cutoff

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've noticed when I'm not paying attention the mini drains my batteries down to 3.2V before giving a low battery warning (message, air hit). I've only done it a couple of times the week I've had it but know I'll get distracted and do it again. I think that can't be good for the battery. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this and how careful I need to be.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should be fine as 3.2V is considered a typical "complete discharge". Most lithium ion batteries are designed to handle 350-500 charge/discharge cycles. Just as a note if you look up a few datasheets you'll see that most battery manufactures list the discharge cutoff point as 2.5-3.0 V.

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks,

You should be fine as 3.2V is considered a typical "complete discharge". Most lithium ion batteries are designed to handle 350-500 charge/discharge cycles. Just as a note if you look up a few datasheets you'll see that most battery manufactures list the discharge cutoff point as 2.5-3.0 V.

I'm thinking of new batteries. Do you think the LG HE2 or Samsung 25R have any meaningful difference in time between charges for a sub 10 A vape? I might get a Kanger sub or Atlantis before the batteries are used up but I'm not of a mind to rebuild lower at the moment. I found a discharge chart for 20 A continuous that shows them basically the same down to 3.2 volts (1200 mAh). 25R was clear winner at 35A. But even if I go .5 ohms at 30W someday that is under 9 A. So I but whatever is cheapest, right? Good reviews on both. Just avoid clones.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the LGs. I have friends using the Samsungs. I think you will be satisfied with either one.

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I now have both and am running a personal comparison. Got 11 hours out HE2 today at 10 watts (yeah, I vape that much). The "Authentic" Amazon HE2 lasted 6 hours. I knew better than to order there but am Prime so nothing lost. Shipped them back for free after explaining I didn't get Authentic.

VU Sponsors