Become a Patron!

IPV V3 just got it I am thrilled it does stepdown from 4.2 volts unlike IPV V2 I did not know this

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well guys
I got the last of 101vapes IPV V3
of course the sensor touch is not disabled it just aint there I really do not care
But I did not realize it did step down unlike the IPV V2 which I also have if you set it to 7w it will fire at 4.2 you cannot change this, but the IPV V3 does step down. I thought it didn't. Maybe I missed something?
Also the charging issue is not to worry you can use any 9v Dc 1amp or 2amp charger and it works great
Just put some sonys in and its charging away... I have way to many chargers do not ask..
if you have a universal it works I am not charging at 2amps so I am using 1.0. I did try it at 2.0 amps andd yes it works also but thats a bit hot for me I do not mind waiting I have many devices.
Anyway I tried several sets of batteries no probs with any ..But keeping the VTC5's in there for now.
I love this step down I have a few atomizers that are very picky for running around that I use one like 4.1 only one 3.9 so anyway.. there ya go no review I am just glad it does stepdown

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got to love those YiHi chips. Step down is a beautiful thing.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Sold my God 180 not too long after I got it yesterday and turned around and ordered the IPV3 :) Thanks for letting me know it does step down.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sold my God 180 not too long after I got it yesterday and turned around and ordered the IPV3 :) Thanks for letting me know it does step down.
Yeah I usually do not get so excited but It has been one . of my bitching about the high wattage mods I got it was messing around with the the memory functions and started at 7 w by accident on a 1. O ohm build on my magma and nothing. Not much coming out looked at coils nothing shorting then started upping the voltage were it has step-down haha I sound like a big kid I am but the battery life charging prob fixed step-down and build quality me happy. Why would you sell your God mod?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I usually do not get so excited but It has been one . of my bitching about the high wattage mods I got it was messing around with the the memory functions and started at 7 w by accident on a 1. O ohm build on my magma and nothing. Not much coming out looked at coils nothing shorting then started upping the voltage were it has step-down haha I sound like a big kid I am but the battery life charging prob fixed step-down and build quality me happy. Why would you sell your God mod?

Mostly because it's too big for me to comfortably hold and my friend wanted it so bad I actually made a profit on it lol.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mostly because it's too big for me to comfortably hold and my friend wanted it so bad I actually made a profit on it lol.
I was torn a month ago about what to do but after dropping my IPV v2 so many times and it still carries on I made my decision I love it its kinda crazy it's like having a high end muscle car I know I can go 170 but I don't need to I was puffing chains vaping on my Vulcan a nice custard. 3 ohms looking at the wattage and seeing 49 watts at 4. 2+ put a smile on my face and what really got me the IPV v3 with VTC 5's never got even warm smiles

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well it's a very good thing these iPV III 's perform so well because if they didn't P4U would be getting killed with the other stuff they pull. There's no doubt they could be doing considerably better and selling a lot more if not for the other criticisms people have with them.

Hopefully they will take their time with the iPV 4 (yeah right) and not introduce that for awhile but i doubt it.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a hunch that they are planing on an ipv4 with the YiHi sx330 v250 chip set (dual 18650 box mod) with all sort of tech bells and whistles. (See the Yihi web site for all the stuff this chip will do. http://www.yihiecigar.com/news_info/YiHi-SX350-V250-new-chip--News-n60657.html )
I heard from a rep that it will be out around the holidays. Given the disappointments with the ipv2 (which we basically beta tested for them so they can release a better version, the ipv2s) and the misleading info/follow through about the (imo) rushed ipv3 (the touch fire, the cord issue, warranty being changed, etc) i think they have some serious PR work to do to earn back some reputation in the vape community.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a hunch that they are planing on an ipv4 with the YiHi sx330 v250 chip set (dual 18650 box mod) with all sort of tech bells and whistles. (See the Yihi web site for all the stuff this chip will do. http://www.yihiecigar.com/news_info/YiHi-SX350-V250-new-chip--News-n60657.html )
I heard from a rep that it will be out around the holidays. Given the disappointments with the ipv2 (which we basically beta tested for them so they can release a better version, the ipv2s) and the misleading info/follow through about the (imo) rushed ipv3 (the touch fire, the cord issue, warranty being changed, etc) i think they have some serious PR work to do to earn back some reputation in the vape community.
They should have started the preorder already if they wanted to get them out before X-mas

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think they will change course , as long as their products keep selling well thats all that matters . The only thing that will make them change is a lack of sales imo .

What indications does anyone see that leads them to believe P4U is going to change , i see none. As a matter of fact it seems by leaving out essentials that every mod should come with and initially showing a workable touch fire feature and then it not being usable tells me they are actually getting worse.

They won't say a peep about how their warranty partner is screwing over their customers either. Damn shame to be honest

They seem to just be rushing to respond to the competition , look at the iPV mini , thing looks like an ILeaf stick , they saw that thing selling like hot cakes and put a rush to copy the button styles etc...

I know they are really excited about the iPV 4 as Budkiss said , big game changer according to them.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Performance and looks have never been a complaint , it's all the other BS.

Thanks to FC for hooking me up with the 3M vinyl , awesome stuff . Seems thicker than a Jwrap.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Performance and looks have never been a complaint , it's all the other BS.

Thanks to FC for hooking me up with the 3M vinyl , awesome stuff . Seems thicker than a Jwrap.

It is good stuff. You got it already? They do ship fast. The 3m is what is on the ipv3 in the above pics. I have carbon as well but have just not changed yet. I stumbled onto it at another forum.

I did a test strip and stuck it on the back oft he fridge to make sure it did not leave a residue.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah , 3M is a great company and their tapes and adhesives are top notch , very good stuff for sure and the price is certainly right.

Make sure you wipe down your mod with isopropyl alcohol before applying it though.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes they rushed it but the charging issue really is not an issue most people turned off the sensor so for most it's not an issue For me I just wanted a better build which it is step down and wee more battery life not defending anything but I have tried 3 of the top mods God mod the Sigelei and the IPV v3 if my only worry is having any warranty and grabbing my universal charger I am pleased but I do think the price was high 109
00 tops :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes they rushed it but the charging issue really is not an issue most people turned off the sensor so for most it's not an issue For me I just wanted a better build which it is step down and wee more battery life not defending anything but I have tried 3 of the top mods God mod the Sigelei and the IPV v3 if my only worry is having any warranty and grabbing my universal charger I am pleased but I do think the price was high 109
00 tops :)

Not being an issue is not really the point though , when a company says and shows a feature as being a part of a mod and then later releases it and it's not functional that could really piss people off .

They are showing and advertising something that will not be available is the problem. They should of eliminated that feature altogether imo.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not being an issue is not really the point though , when a company says and shows a feature as being a part of a mod and then later releases it and it's not functional that could really piss people off .

They are showing and advertising something that will not be available is the problem. They should of eliminated it altogether imo.
Ohh I agree man see I like the touch sensor I may put one in there plenty of room and the solder points are there I agree man. Like I originally said I was very torn but when. I'm out at the vape bar etc the last thing on my mind is grabbing another battery.. Hopefully in the future them fix their issues

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i still don't understand why vaporrange has an ipv3 for sale that says the it has an ACTIVE touch sensor. Typo maybe?

SIde note.. i took the suggestion about the 3M thing. (thank you) Requested the 5 samples. They arrived in 4 days! Thick and very nice. I put an ebony wood grain on my ipv3. It took me a while to get all the cut outs right but man does it look nice.

IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0526.jpg

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The touch sensor, oh well, but when I pre-ordered (which included a no cancellations policy) it was advertised as having a working touch sensor and charging cord. I can live without the touch sensor, but now they want me to pay for a charging cord. That is crap. Those that pre-ordered at that time should get a cord for free, whether we choose to use it or not.

HD

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ohh I agree man see I like the touch sensor I may put one in there plenty of room and the solder points are there I agree man. Like I originally said I was very torn but when. I'm out at the vape bar etc the last thing on my mind is grabbing another battery.. Hopefully in the future them fix their issues

At least your very happy with it , thats the bottom line , it sucks big time when you wait with anticipation for the mod to arrive and it falls short of expectations .

Enjoy it my friend.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i still don't understand why vaporrange has an ipv3 for sale that says the it has an ACTIVE touch sensor. Typo maybe?

SIde note.. i took the suggestion about the 3M thing. (thank you) Requested the 5 samples. They arrived in 4 days! Thick and very nice. I put an ebony wood grain on my ipv3. It took me a while to get all the cut outs right but man does it look nice.

View attachment 8072 View attachment 8073

Looks awesome BUDKISS , very nice job and the price is certainly right lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The touch sensor, oh well, but when I pre-ordered (which included a no cancellations policy) it was advertised as having a working touch sensor and charging cord. I can live without the touch sensor, but now they want me to pay for a charging cord. That is crap. Those that pre-ordered at that time should get a cord for free, whether we choose to use it or not.

HD

While many are not happy with the issues you bring up , sometimes (actually most all the time) it's best to just forget it and not dwell on it . Constantly allowing negative thoughts to resurface which you don't have control over does nothing but hurt your health in the end (can't believe that came from me , Mr. pessimistic) .

Not easy to do i know but it is what it is. As long as your happy with it's performance etc.. and i think the vast majority are.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While many are not happy with the issues you bring up , sometimes (actually most all the time) it's best to just forget it and not dwell on it . Constantly allowing negative thoughts to resurface which you don't have control over does nothing but hurt your health in the end (can't believe that came from me , Mr. pessimistic) .

Not easy to do i know but it is what it is. As long as your happy with it's performance etc.. and i think the vast majority are.
I do have to admit, it has been working well. I am one of those that bought it mostly for battery life. At this time, using it mainly with kayfuns at around 1.5 ohms and 16 watts. Batteries last me about 3 days with vaping before and after work. The Cana. DNA30 would only last me 1 day. Just a principles issue I have. If I would have paid around $150.00 like some have, I might been more upset. Got mine at $124.88. But wish I had held out for a few more days. My vendor eventually had it down to $108.88 before bringing it back up to $134.88. Without touch sensor and cord, I don't feel like it is a $150.00 unit.

HD

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Nice looking @BUDKISS I was just going to put some carbon fiber plates on the IPV V3 like I did the V2 but I like that woody :) haha
where you get the wood?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Good words bro me as well Mr. Pessimistic I work on it constantly ;)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That looks great @BUDKISS I only wrapped the two sides because I was lazy and impatient but now I see I need to go full.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
250 dear god the lowest I vape is .3 ohms and that is right at 49,x watts on the IPV v3 I guess its a number thing for some for me it serves no purpose now we can only hope that battery mah hours is increased on 18650's even though they are pushing it now..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohhh I was thinking what batteries is everyone running in their IPV V3? any issues with charging
etc...

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
on the site vapor range they have a pre order for a USB wall charger for the IPV version 3 what is that all about I can't link it right now because I'm on my phone

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
on the site vapor range they have a pre order for a USB wall charger for the IPV version 3 what is that all about I can't link it right now because I'm on my phone
I have no idea but the charger has to be 9v dc 1amp or 2amps usb chargers could work but they would have to be usb on one side and Type -H
round on charging side for the IPV V3 can you send a link..

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea but the charger has to be 9v dc 1amp or 2amps usb chargers could work but they would have to be usb on one side and Type -H
Google caper range and then just go under pioneer for you and its at the very bottom like I said I'm on my phone so and I'm driving I was just curious is off

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I don't know where that charger link is but i found this tidbit on the Vapor Range site.

Do not use unauthorized chargers or the warranty will be voided!
We have customers that fried their unit because they used a charger cord recommended by forums.
Please avoid the charger until Pioneer4You releases their cord!
Thank you!

Read more: http://vaporrange.com/ipv3-box-mod-pioneer4you-150w.html#ixzz3Hevry1eM

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Google caper range and then just go under pioneer for you and its at the very bottom like I said I'm on my phone so and I'm driving I was just curious is off
I see it now vaping is selling the Chargers on eBay I think it's a way to get people to pay more. I have done 3 charges at 1 amp no probs as I understand li-on and charging I am not worried If others are they can wait

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use four vtc4's for the ipv3 and I have no issues with charging as I swap them out.
Yeah I have 4 vtc5"s dedicated but am going to try out my imren 38 a and the Samsung 25 r but since I never hit the threshold of over 14.4 amps for a.3 ohm build I am sure they will work fine maybe also try the LG HE"s

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://vaporrange.com/asmodus-ipv3-usb-wall-charger-pre-order.html

Vapor Range sucks with their pricing. 29.99 for one vtc5 wtf.

The charger is available on ebay through VapeNW, I believe it is also 20 bucks but their prices on other things don't turn me off like Vapor Range does.
You can use any 9v DC charger 1 amp you can also use the Zenibook charger same specs I got one on order from eBay 8.00 using a multi charger now no probs batteries are staying cool

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Just my 2 cents, I bought the Powerline universal charger at Walmart.Plugs into the cigarette lighter and goes from 3/12 volts,pos/neg polarity,and has usb plug too. 9volts charge at 2A and has 7 different tips for various devices. The IPV3 uses the middle one and charges just fine.Not sure,but I believe when the green light goes out, it's charged.Cost is around $17 but has a long cord and I was able to vape while charging. Not sure if that's good,but had to give it a try! Hope that helps with mobile charging.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just my 2 cents, I bought the Powerline universal charger at Walmart.Plugs into the cigarette lighter and goes from 3/12 volts,pos/neg polarity,and has usb plug too. 9volts charge at 2A and has 7 different tips for various devices. The IPV3 uses the middle one and charges just fine.Not sure,but I believe when the green light goes out, it's charged.Cost is around $17 but has a long cord and I was able to vape while charging. Not sure if that's good,but had to give it a try! Hope that helps with mobile charging.
The IPV V3 has a red light just like the IPV v2 when its charged that goes out,, You are 100% correct you can charge at 1amp or 2 ampsI myself am charging at 1amp as she last so darned long ..I broke her in good today went to a friends vape shope /bar and haha the IPV V3 was frying the juice at .05
we had to lower it ...never got warm or hot.. Thats with the VTC5's so now she is officially broken in...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I said awhile back that P4U (by not including the charging cord) and Asmodus can really stick it to customers and turn down more warranty claims by just claiming that people used the wrong cord to charge the device . Even if it's untrue , i would not put it past them at all .

The bottom quoted post in post # 36 shows how easy they can claim it , that was taken off the vendors website , be very careful of what you say if you do have an issue with the iPV III and decide to send it in. I would not mention a peep about attempting to charge it with any other cord except P4U's or you can very easily be shafted .

The problem may not have anything to do with charging but i don't doubt they would accuse you of it knowing how they operate.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I said awhile back that P4U (by not including the charging cord) and Asmodus can really stick it to customers and turn down more warranty claims by just claiming that people used the wrong cord to charge the device . Even if it's untrue , i would not put it past them at all .

The bottom quoted post in post # 36 shows how easy they can claim it , that was taken off the vendors website , be very careful of what you say if you do have an issue with the iPV III and decide to send it in. I would not mention a peep about attempting to charge it with any other cord except P4U's or you can very easily be shafted .

The problem may not have anything to do with charging but i don't doubt they would accuse you of it knowing how they operate.
I understand your point bro but I am merly and Avatar nothing more no one knows who I really am not even this board.. I do get ya for the general populous that would put their real details on a forum but I do not..

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand your point bro but I am merly and Avatar nothing more no one knows who I really am not even this board.. I do get ya for the general populous that would put their real details on a forum but I do not..

You misunderstood what i was trying to say , probably my fault , i was in no way directing my post at you , my comments were for anybody who owns this mod who is planning to seek warranty service .

My comments have nothing to do with these forums , (the forums thing was brought up by a vendor selling the mod) , i would be absolutely shocked if anybody requesting warranty service would use anything in their forums credentials . We all know, well i would say (98%) know that who we are on forums is not our real life names and information .

When i said it would be smart to not mention anything regarding charging the device if you send it in for repair, i meant that to apply regardless of what name you use whether real or not , it has zero to do with these forums though.

For example , Joe Schmo who doesn't even own a computer but went to his local library and used one of theres and is not a member of any forum decided to order an iPV III and a few months later decided to send it in (but made a bad mistake of mentioning he tried to charge it ) .

Now he's in a big pickle because Asmodus now has leverage to say well we warned everyone about not attempting to charge it with anything other than P4U's cord (not even available at the time probably) but now can claim the warranty is voided .

Thats why it's wise to never bring up anything about the charging of it if people do decide to send it in.

Sorry for the long response , hope you understand what i was trying to say though.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You misunderstood what i was trying to say , probably my fault , i was in no way directing my post at you , my comments were for anybody who owns this mod who is planning to seek warranty service .

My comments have nothing to do with these forums , (the forums thing was brought up by a vendor selling the mod) , i would be absolutely shocked if anybody requesting warranty service would use anything in their forums credentials . We all know, well i would say (98%) know that who we are on forums is not our real life names and information .

When i said it would be smart to not mention anything regarding charging the device if you send it in for repair, i meant that to apply regardless of what name you use whether real or not , it has zero to do with these forums though.

For example , Joe Schmo who is not a member of anything decided to order an iPV III and a few months later decided to send it in (but made a bad mistake of mentioning he tried to charge it ) .

Now he's in a big pickle because Asmodus now has leverage to say well we warned everyone about not attempting to charge it with anything other than P4U's cord (not even available at the time probably) but now can claim the warranty is voided .

Thats why it's wise to never bring up anything about the charging of it if people do decide to send it in.
@VH fan See I was not making sense again meezo need to shut my freaking mouth I understand bro can I hire you as a MrScaryZ make sense consultant?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VH fan See I was not making sense again meezo need to shut my freaking mouth I understand bro can I hire you as a MrScaryZ make sense consultant?

Actually i don't think it's your fault , others have taken what i was trying to say differently than i had hoped quite often to be honest so it's on me . Got to work on that

My long explanation could have been summed up with this comment:

Whatever you do , always say you only ever used the official P4U charging cord , never anything else (even if it works fine and it's not the cause of the problem) LOL.

That way they can never screw you for slipping up.

Can't believe i thought of that after my excessive (takes two days to read ) comment before this one Damn it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually i don't think it's your fault , others have taken what i was trying to say differently than i had hoped quite often to be honest so it's on me . Got to work on that
Anyone that likes the work of VH is alright with me I mean most people think Im a dick cause I am blunt to the point which is incorrect I am just busy and have not time. :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well , i'm a fan of early VH but i think calling it like it is , is better than not being real. If your girlfriend says does my ass look fat in these jeans , take a look and if it looks fat the answer is yes , it most certainly does.

She's will take a swing at you but will appreciate it when your out and people aren't saying behind her back , man , what a fat ass , can't believe she's wearing those jeans.

VU Sponsors