Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
pv-v3 mini squonk with yihi ess controller
IMG_1097.jpg

I received this 3-4 weeks ago directly from pioneer 4 you for the purposes of this writing. I will say upfront, I have used this all day every day for the duration of time I’ve had it. The best way to describe it in a sentence is: it’s the love child of a pod and squonker, but done properly.

Kit includes:

• 1- IPV v3 device
  • 1-elf ada (automatic dripping atomizer)
  • 1-usb cable
  • 1-device manual
  • 1-eliquid bottle

Also available

• 2 packs of elf ada in either 1 ohm or 0.3 ohm resistance
  • E-liquid bottles via pack of 3 in either 2ml or 3.5 ml

Dimensions:

• Mod-78mm x 46.2mm
  • ADA-14mm x 28.1mm

Specs and features:

Mod:

• USB charging with pass through
  • 3 clicks of fire button local and unlock device
  • ESS auto feed squonking
  • Intelligent temp control
  • Powered by yihi sx635j chip
  • 1400 mah battery
  • 2 wattage outputs with .3 ohm ada- at p1 position: 12w-15w at p2 position: 22w-25w
  • 2 Wattage outputs with 1ohm ada at p1 position: 6-8w, at p2 position: 10.5w -12.5w
  • Temp range:180-260 deg C (356-500 deg F)
ADA:

• Adjustable afc
  • 0.3 ohm made from Ni-Mn alloy
  • 1 ohm made from ss316l

Safety features:

• Low voltage protection
  • Over heat protection
  • Short circuit protection
  • Low resistance protection

So no that all of the fun stuff is behind me, i’ll quickly go over how it works..

honestly, it's pretty simple and intuitive.

The mod has a small pump in it, that pumps the liquid up to the atomizer from a squonk tank. Yes, it vibrates, but after a few minutes it becomes unnoticeable.

To adjust the volume pumped by the device, all you have to do is press the up button when thee screen is lit. You can adjust from 0-60. I use high vg juice and have it set at 54. If the atomizer is not wet enough, you can hold the up button and force it to pump. If its too wet, hold the down button and it will pump juice back to the tank.

IMG_1091.jpg

Additionally when putting on a new ADA it will sense this and automatically pump juice to prime it.

To adjust the temperature simply press fire 5 times and it will take you an adjustment screen. You can adjust units, (C or F) and temperature.

IMG_1142.jpg

You can also adjust the wattage here between low and high. Low being “P1” and high being “P2.”

To fill the polycarbonate tank simply press it down and pull it off. It is marked or its max fill point; and topped with a silicon plug having a large hole and small relief hole for air. Insert the needle nose of your bottle and fill. Yes the bottle is polycarbonate and not squeezable.

IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1141.jpg

Now to the atomizer,

The build in both is simple round wire and are not rebuildable. But they are well wicked and I have yet to have a leak. There are 2 airholes on either side, giving it side airflow. The airflow holes appear to be 1.5mm each and are completely adjustable with stopping points.

IMG_1172.jpg IMG_1186.jpg

While it looks like it has a 510 connection; it is not. A regular 510 atty will not fit. I can’t speak well on the lifespan of the atomizes as juice and usag habits will determine that but, the one i disassembled for the photos was used daily for 2 week with a high sugar juice.

IMG_1194.jpgIMG_1163.jpg

Performance and experience

Let me first say my preferred vape is either dual coil with a lot of mass and power (120-130w) or single fancy coil around 65-70w.

I did not know this was coming but when I received it, my first thought was “another pod thing..”. I was so incredibly wrong.

I do mix my liquid at 9mg nic for this. My normal is about 2mg. But, this little guy has been a trooper. I get all day on a charge with the 0.3 ohm coil on the p2 setting. This is giving me the full restrictive lung hit that I’ve come to enjoy. While I’m clearly not getting the volume of vapor I will from a quad core Clapton, the heavier nic juice is more than compensating and giving me an abundantly satisfying vape experience. To durability: I’ve dropped it out of the truck, off my deck and rolled over it.. it’s still kicking and doesn’t have much more than a tiny scratch. I’ll be lowering the nic on it to 6mg on my next mix, but as it is, I’m more than happy. It won't win any cloud comps, but it is an exceptional vape for a night out or a work day; so much so that I don't miss my heavier dual battery gear on those occasions. The flavor has been terrific, and exactly what I want flavor wise from an atomizer. The fit, finish and ergonomics are great. It fits in a shirt pocket and is just heavy enough to let you know that you’re holding something built well. The button configuration doesn’t look natural; but, feels ideal. As a seasoned vet vapor with more gear than I need, this fits a perfect niche for me. It’s not too cloudy to use around non smokers or vapors (work, the store, a restaurant);but, its satisfying enough for me to know I’m not missing anything. Did I forget to mention- its the quietest vape I’ve encountered in a very long time. I love being able to look down and see my liquid level, get an rda style/squonk style vape without thinking. Now I just need to keep this out of the hands of Mrs. B1rd,

At first I was concerned about the availability for the ADAs; however, I have since seen them popping on various websites, so they that original concern has been put to rest.

Pros:

Performance
Ergonomics
Innovative
Durability
Ease of use

Cons:

Because of innovation, the technology is still new
Not rebuildable
Does not use standard 510

For more information please see::

http://www.pioneer4you.com/product.html?id=39

IMG_1118.jpg

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nicely done, thanks. How's the draw?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nicely done, thanks. How's the draw?
Surprisingly anywhere from true moth to lung all the way to semi restrictive direct lung.
Think the afc cyclone from vicious ant

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmmmm - I need something whispy - like hospital room whispy, airport sneaky...

This might be a big much, even with the MTL coil

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nm, should have used pm. Apologies f1r3b1rd, can't seem to remove the image.

VU Sponsors