Become a Patron!

IPV2 for 50$ worth it?

KenG

Member For 5 Years
Basically what the title is asking. I have a chance to buy a ipv2 (currently using an IPV mini) for 50$. ive read review but want a lil input from vapers (not reviewers) on their input. I do want a mod to fire below .5 which is the minis limit and on my rda i can only go to 30w which at .5 doesnt hit hard (comparing it to my subtank mini or the atlantis at the same watts). TIA

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't own one, but I have not heard much for complaints about the mod. 50 bones seems like a decent price. Is it new?

For about 80 ish dollars, you can get a Sigeleie 100 watt V2 or a 100 watt plus.

I like a dual battery mod.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have one and I have no complaints but I'm not a fan of the single baterry. It does last me a work day and vape heavily on it. I used my Atlantis on it as well it was a very satisfying vape . I use it for my tanks mostly not really for my rdas

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, havent hard much bad on them either.. $50 is a good price if its fairly new and good shape. FT has them for $54, but most places are far more.

KenG

Member For 5 Years
Yea its from my cousin back home, its fairly new he mostly uses RDA and prefers an unregulated box or mech mod toob style. Granted my IPV mini has only 1 battery and 50w on a rda would be more than enough since i run it at 30w now..but that doesnt cut it. I might go ahead with it, I keep telling myself not to buy stuff but im not sure i can pass this lol

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a first run ipv2. Worked great for about 6 months then the ohms started jumping around. To my surprise my vendor took it back for store credit.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For 80+ you can get the ipv2s and compared to the ipv2, you get better buttons, extra 20W, upgradability, floating pin , better box and rounded edges.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I do own one and I rather like it.

Fits in my shirt pocket (a must for me), I can use it in my car as a passthrough to save the battery life.

It will last me a full day with a VCT4 in it. I would guess two days with a VCT5 installed.

Charges quickly via USB. Less than 2 hours.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for 50$? hell yes. I paid 80$ for mine (the 70w upgraded version from project sub ohm) and its an awesome mod.. plenty of power - but the battery life isn't superb being a single 18650.. but I love the touch sensor and the look of it.

EDIT: Okay yea I read this too fast - it's only the 50w version - so yea for another 30$ you could get the upgraded one.. depends on how much power you think you need..

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
for 50$? hell yes. I paid 80$ for mine (the 70w upgraded version from project sub ohm) and its an awesome mod.. plenty of power - but the battery life isn't superb being a single 18650.. but I love the touch sensor and the look of it.

EDIT: Okay yea I read this too fast - it's only the 50w version - so yea for another 30$ you could get the upgraded one.. depends on how much power you think you need..
I have the 2S as well and while I really like it, I hate the low battery life when vaping higher watts.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

KenG

Member For 5 Years
Yea i mean im using an ipv mini which is a single 18650, and i vape my subtank rba part at 24.5w and the battery lasts me all day. For using the RDA it would only be at home and then my normal 24.5w at work so battery life for me isnt much of an issue. If it does i always carry a 2600mah mini powerbank and 1 extra battery on the go just for emergency purposes lol

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
b512176037191ae544e9d096706a3801.jpg

ba3e61c061805e51b3bcc0f97c18882a.jpg

I have dropped mine a thousand times. Well worn out, and still doesn't jump around on resistance. Its the original 50 watt as well.

It seems to me like the jumping around is the RDA or tank connections getting worn down, but that's another subject.

Bonus info: it accepts button top batteries as well as flat top, for those who mess up and buy the wrong style (me).

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the 2S as well and while I really like it, I hate the low battery life when vaping higher watts.

luckily I don't drip unless I'm home (especially the higher wattage settings) and I can just keep it charged so this isn't too much of a factor for me.. but I did notice about 30 min of vaping at 60 watts and my battery was almost dead already lol

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
luckily I don't drip unless I'm home (especially the higher wattage settings) and I can just keep it charged so this isn't too much of a factor for me.. but I did notice about 30 min of vaping at 60 watts and my battery was almost dead already lol
Yep. If I use my Atlantis on 30 to 35w, its an all day vape for me. But when I start going higher, it's not something I can use on the go. I'm going to buy a better battery and see if it helps any.

KenG

Member For 5 Years
same here only drip at home...too much of a hassle for my line of work lol

KenG

Member For 5 Years
That sigelei 100w mod doesnt look bad if i dont get this, still waiting on my cousin to get back to me which could mean he sold it lol. If he did imma definitly buy a better mod for my rda...or maybe a mech clone.

KenG

Member For 5 Years
looks like for about 108$ i could get the sigelei 100w or the 150w(like id ever need over 65w but still) or the IPV3 150W ..

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't impressed with the sigeli boxes. The ipv line just seems much more well made.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks like for about 108$ i could get the sigelei 100w or the 150w(like id ever need over 65w but still) or the IPV3 150W ..
If you do go the Sig route unless you have buyers loyalty the sig 150 can be found for 89.00 shipped from places like jjvapes.com

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You Canadian's got it rough so close to the goods but they either say nope no shipping, or they want to tax you out the ass for it. Oh well at least you have a good health care system with affordable medication lol.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless it's total shit, a non-dna regulated varI able is worth about $1-$1.50 per watt.
with that being said, the most I would pay for a 50w stock would be $75

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
too bad they dont ship to canada, thats a good price on that mod

Someone here should be able to help you out with that... On another forum I shipped goods to my fam In Hawaii for things they wouldn't ship/or were unavailable there...

KenG

Member For 5 Years
yea im originaly from NC so all of my family except me lives there but its the hassle of ordering it to them, then getting them to send it back would make it much longer, im impatient lol

VU Sponsors