Become a Patron!

Ipv4s check battery

jamestho95

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've just fully charged my batteries and after 10 minutes it says check battery. Help. I'm vaping at 60 watts, 0.33ohm. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just fully charged my batteries and after 10 minutes it says check battery. Help. I'm vaping at 60 watts, 0.33ohm. Thanks

Did you charge your batteries in a separate charger or in the mod?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

jamestho95

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I charged it together on a nitecore i4. It's full when I took the batteries

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I charged it together on a nitecore i4. It's full when I took the batteries

Well the only thing I can think of is to make sure your batteries are truly fully charged using a digital meter or multimeter. I have the original ipv4 and I will get a check battery when the battery is about 1/3 full on the display. But I use a Luc charger with a digital readout so it's kind of easy to know if my battery is truly full or not.. have you tried a separate set of batteries?

jamestho95

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a digital meter and it says full. Yeah I tried it on the lghg. It only says check battery on like 1/5 percents

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a digital meter and it says full. Yeah I tried it on the lghg. It only says check battery on like 1/5 percents

Well I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with it and I'm flat out of ideas on how to fix it or what's wrong. Can only say I've had my two IPV4's 6 months now with zero problems. I hope you get it figured out and good luck!

the wind

Member For 4 Years
its sound like the chip set or battery connection on the mod.to fully verify use another set of battery's..Btw here is my look this morning.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are the batteries still in good condition and how long have you used those batteries? If you used them for a year or more you could have run the life out of it where it is not holding much of a charge anymore or maybe a bad cell in the battery. Did you keep the 2 batteries married together the whole time you had the batteries?

Sounds to me it is a battery issue. I don't think it is a mod issue. I recommend trying another set of batteries in your mod and if it doesn't do it with the new set of batteries then you know it is the batteries and not the mod. I am sure it is the batteries though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
My partner's ipv4 did the same thing. 6 different married sets of batteries less than 2 months old. Would happen occasionally then it became more and more frequently until it got to the point of every single time I hit the fire button. Makes a little clicking noise and the screen says check battery. He doesn't have multiple mods and really likes the form factor of the ipv4 so I gave him mine.

As this happened just outside the warranty period. I have torn it apart checked every solder joint and everything else I can think of. I have just admitted defeat and threw it away.

I just stick with my Sigelei 150 or 30 and the ipv mini 2. Honestly I like all of them.

The Sigelei 150 would be the squeal noise that it makes when the screen is on, it is high pitched and most people can't hear it but I have read others say they can hear it also. I did watch a review on the 150tc and the reviewer said it made the squealing sound also, but I can't remember which reviewer it was.

The Sigelei 30 is the pot metal 510 threading.

The ipv mini2 I wish had buck capabilities, but I don't really need it anyways. The threading on the battery cap is pretty hard to not crossthread and is fairly delicate if you do crossthread it. However, I really love the way it fits in my hand and think it doesn't get near enogh recognition as a good mod for the price. I really wish they would have made a two battery mod with the same design and build quality.

The ipv4 was my only temp control device and I am having a hard time deciding what I want to buy next.

VU Sponsors