Become a Patron!

IPV5 Settings

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys....

I'm using an IPV5 box, with a TFV4 tank. With a triple coil. What settings should I be using(watts/resistance), and what ohms and volts should I be seeing?

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you know the resistance of the coils you have?

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not familiar with that particular coil. Id say maybe start at 20W and then adjust the wattage until you find out where you like it.

OpoRoot

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TF-T3
0.2 OHM
40 to 130 watts
to use one in temperature control you need to get this coil:
TF-STC2 SS316
0.25 OHM 40 to 70 watts or the rebuildable one

do not forget to lock your resistance or you`ll be very disappointed with the performance

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to lock the resistance. Right now it's set for ss304, resistance is around 200, and temp around 400. I also use watts between 80-100. I'm getting good results, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how this thing works, AND how it can be better.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Smok TF-T3 Triple Coil was my favorite one of the TFV4 coils (tried almost all of them) when I still used my TFV4s heavily. Its a 0.2 ohm coil head, with 3 independent sections with kanthal coils and cotton (as oppsed to the quadcoil and others that are in a single section in a parallel set up).

I forget off the top of my head what the recommended wattage range is on the TF-T3 coil is, but me personally I found it most enjoyable anywhere between 75 and 110 watts. Any lower and it would give a thin, cool, whispy hit, and any higher and the vapor was far too hot. Hope that helps

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite coil also, so far. What temp are you running at? Some guy told me not to use temp control, but it's not like you can turn it off....? No idea. I'm at 100 watts now, 212 resistance and 420 temp.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite coil also, so far. What temp are you running at? Some guy told me not to use temp control, but it's not like you can turn it off....? No idea. I'm at 100 watts now, 212 resistance and 420 temp.
of course you can turn it off...go to wattage mode

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in wattage mode, but I can still adjust the temp. I guess adjusting the temp would only take affect in Joule mode?

OpoRoot

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@MikeDommy
this is the coil that you are using:
TFV4 Coils
TF-T3 (triple coil)

these are the the materials used to make the coil:
  • Patented Triple Coil Head
  • High Quality Kanthal
  • Pure Taste
  • Cloud Vapor Chasing
  • 0.2Ω (40w-130w)
Can you explain to me how is it possible that your IPV5 lets you use a Kanthal wire in temperature control mode?
am i missing something or did Pioneer managed to figure it out how to use Kanthal coils in TC?
look closer at your mod settings or better yet post a picture, i think you`re in Power mode not Jule mode (TC)

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I'm in power mode. I also don't make coils. Ain't got the patience for that lol. Here's the tank and coils I'm using.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    855.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 11

OpoRoot

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
here is couple of pictures
first in power mode second in jule (TC) mode running SS316L 26Gauge 8 wraps dual coils with a SwissRoll of Organic cotton in them
IPV5 002.jpg IPV5 001.jpg

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm just not too schooled on making my own coils. Seems more hassle than anything. Is it worth it?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to be clear. Locking the resistance and temperature only apply when in temp control mode which is the joule mode. In order to use temperature control you need to use either a nickel, titanium or stainless steel coil. Kanthal coils should be used in power mode or wattage. Kanthal will fire in the joule mode but won't provide any kind of temperature control since it's resistance doesn't vary with heat and that's what the mod relies on to determine temperature. Should you purchase a temperature control coil or choose to wrap one yourself you would also have to choose which type you are using in the coil section of the menu which is only available if you choose joule mode.

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
stainless can be used in power mode also

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scratch that last comment.... I put in the pre-built TF-ti dual titanium coil. The dude at the shop told me to run high temp, starting at around 60Joules. Now, a lot of what I'm reading, is a lot of people using this coil in power mode? Thoughts? Recommendations?

Sorry to keep trolling the post....

hi! pls help, i am new with IPV5 with avocado 24 rdta. actually i am using this for almost a month now.
i am using kanthal wire, in Power Mode, voltage is flactuating. when the atomizer gets hot voltage goes up when it gets colder voltage drops as well. how do i fix this. tia

hi! pls help, i am new with IPV5 with avocado 24 rdta. actually i am using this for almost a month now.
i am using kanthal wire, in Power Mode, voltage is flactuating. when the atomizer gets hot voltage goes up when it gets colder voltage drops as well. how do i fix this. tia
32.4 wattage with 4.55volts and 0.64ohms reading.
isnt the voltage reading to high for my wattage setting..

OpoRoot

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@nauluanWelcome to the community.
when the rdta is cool press the + and - buttons at the same time and see what the resistance is, you can fine tune it according to your build or adjust it up or down to your liking,press the fire button to lock it in and exit, and now enjoy your fine tuned vape experience.it may take a few tries to find it.
as far as the voltage goes it seems about right for the settings you posted

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guy's , I have a huge problem,I'm using a IPV5 box, with a TFV8, Q-4 Quadruple coil head(0.15 ohm) it's the only coil i have left, And i havnt used it much.It's pretty new, And i keep getting a bad taste,and it's going through alot of juice,I am not sure what's wrong.Im currently running on power mode at 80 temp, an 400 watt's, And it's set to SS.304 Can someone please help me.I was using the TFV8. V8 T-8 Octuple coil head(0.15) And it was ok,but not all that great either..I Purchased 6 TFV8.V8 coil's on ebay today. Did i purchase the wrong coils? Sorry to bother..:(

OpoRoot

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@james48
Yes it sucks juice like a race car and that is why you get the amazing cloud and flavor.
Get out of power mode and use jules mode, change the SS-304 to SS-316L and change TCR to : 0.00092 , set jules to 83 and temp to 400*F and give it a shot.
If you like to have a look at the correct settings for different wires in TCR mode look here: https://www.djlsbvapes.com/different-wires/
scroll down the page to "The Advanced Stuff:"

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My IPV5 Keeps reading DRY COIL / NO LIQUID I just put in a brand new coil TFV8 V8 And refilled it, it is also reading low Ohms 0.12 My temp is set to 430 on juelz 80 juelz. does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance..

VU Sponsors