Become a Patron!

IPV5

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i ordered a IPV5---- on impulse. It was on sale right after Christmas and then I had a coupon for 10% and another for 6%, came out to be around 50 bucks.Cheap enough BUT I don't know a thing about it other than temp control, 200w mod. Was wanting a mod that feels better in my hand. I have a 150 sigelei now, it's like a box with sharp edges. Also would like to see what temp.control is like. I pre ordered and it was pure impulse. Had 3 minutes left on sale, I plunged. Anyone heard about it? I hope I didn't order a piece of crap. It should be here in a week or so.

ailgaz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the ipv4s. I can brag about a few things. The firmware and the UI is great. I love the 5 preset modes that you can customise. I change tanks quite often. I have an RDA for when I'm home, an RTA for driving, a nautilus to get a taste of some tabbaco flavored juices from time to time. Switching from 80w down to 10w is a matter of clicking the up button once.

Complaints: the battery cover absolutely sucks on mine and I'm assuming they fixed it on ipv5. a little too big but feels ok, I'm thinking the ipv5 is smaller. I can't imagine you regretting your purchase. I really don't have any major issues, if I had to do it all over again I would buy the same mod.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an IPV Mini 2 and an IPV3 Li and couldn't be happier with them. My girlfriend has the IPV 4 and she loves it despite I hate the look of it.

I looked at the IPV5 last night actually. And it looks like they went with a revamped IPV4 body design with the Mini 2 durability. If it's anything like the 3 Li, then it's going to be a beast of a mod and more durable than the 3 Li since it seems to be made from steel and not aluminum.

And I'm sure that mod will go up to 250w-ish in the future with a firmware upgrade.

If I could afford it right now, I would have one preordered as well.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an IPV Mini 2 and an IPV3 Li and couldn't be happier with them. My girlfriend has the IPV 4 and she loves it despite I hate the look of it.

I looked at the IPV5 last night actually. And it looks like they went with a revamped IPV4 body design with the Mini 2 durability. If it's anything like the 3 Li, then it's going to be a beast of a mod and more durable than the 3 Li since it seems to be made from steel and not aluminum.

And I'm sure that mod will go up to 250w-ish in the future with a firmware upgrade.

If I could afford it right now, I would have one preordered as well.

Its basically a dual battery D3, and you wont see a 250w dual battery 18650 mod unless they start selling them as hand grenades lol, its not even practical to squeeze 200w out of two batteries..

Ive liked all my IPV products besides the IPV mini 30w, my battery cover cross threaded and it was a pain in the ass from then on.

I bet youll enjoy it.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its basically a dual battery D3, and you wont see a 250w dual battery 18650 mod unless they start selling them as hand grenades lol, its not even practical to squeeze 200w out of two batteries..

Ive liked all my IPV products besides the IPV mini 30w, my battery cover cross threaded and it was a pain in the ass from then on.

I bet youll enjoy it.

Which is why the DNA is so popular right now. True power.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which is why the DNA is so popular right now. True power.
The DNA200 is popular not because it does 200w, plenty of mods do that or close to it, granted with PWM. The DNA200 has escribe, fully customizable and has ability to be to work with future wires via escribe.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ipv4 is dying slowly after 9 months of heavy use. The 510 is completely worn out and it's at the point that every third fire is a miss fire, I have a Cuboid on the way.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already own 3 IPV products, the mini, D2 and 3Li and love them all. And yes, I will definitely get the IPV5 soon as it's out, but I hate preordering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe with the release of the 5, the 4s will be cheaper and I can grab one lol.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pre-ordered a IPV5 as well, I am just hoping it is not a long wait. Been wanting to replace my Sig 150TC and this looks like it will do all the things I need. In the description it mentions DIY Logo by computer upgrade, I wonder if this is the same as the DNA200's custom screens you can do via escribe. Just as long as it does accurate TC with SS then I will be good.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It said the IPV5 would be released the second week in January. Well.......here we are. I've never preordered. I can understand why it's not desirable. The wait.......THE WAIT! I feel better now that I've read all the comments. Thank guys

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just as long as it does accurate TC with SS then I will be good.

I don't think it has user adjustable TCR. The first thing you will have to figure out is what grade of SS it is set up for. There are 4 different grades on this chart and each one has a different TCR. Without user adjustable TCR, it will only really be accurate for the one its set up for (316 and 317 are pretty close though).

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to have to hope it is set-up for SS316 as that is what most of the SS coils are with the exception of the Crown which I believe it 304.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was to wager a guess, I'd say it will probably be SS316. You can always use a temperature offset even if it isn't. Hope you like it, my IPV3 Li has never let me down. I'm a little disappointed P4Y didn't update it for SS though.

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmmmmm, I just saw the video P4Y put out and your right, it says SS304.

Does anyone know how if SS316 is close enough to 304 to work?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the chart I posted above (post #12), 316 is .00092, 304 is .00105. When you use a wire that has a lower TCR, you offset the temperature lower than what you want. When people were using Ti in their Ni200 setting they offset the temperature lower (quite a bit lower iirc). The difference is pretty small so I would think your offset would be as well.

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You would be the only one then. :p

As far as I know... it's a settled matter that Uwell uses 316L.

Wasn't the SuperTank the first with factory SS heads? Anyone know what they use?

Well me and the people who told me would be the only ones :D

If it is SS316L then why is the Crown the only one that doesn't play nice in SS mode for both the RX200 and Evic Mini? I had asked this question before a few times and a number of people said they used 304. My OBS and Herk Plus tanks with there SS316L coils work perfectly in SS mode, the Crown is the only one that does not and I tried 3 different coils. The Crown works perfectly with the Ni coil but I am not a fan of vaping Ni.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well me and the people who told me would be the only ones :D

If it is SS316L then why is the Crown the only one that doesn't play nice in SS mode for both the RX200 and Evic Mini? I had asked this question before a few times and a number of people said they used 304. My OBS and Herk Plus tanks with there SS316L coils work perfectly in SS mode, the Crown is the only one that does not and I tried 3 different coils. The Crown works perfectly with the Ni coil but I am not a fan of vaping Ni.
I don't know what grade SS the Crown uses, mainly because I don't have one. Why I think some have problems with it in SS TC is because from what I understand it uses Ni200 for the legs of the SS coils (fused)

VU Sponsors