Become a Patron!

Ipv8

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks pretty cool. I've always had good luck with all my IPV's.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me too except for the 6, got one of the first run ones with all the bugs

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks nice but after they dropped the ball on updates for my IPV3Li and just kept coming out with new models, I'm a bit hesitant to put more money in a P4Y device. P4Y could learn a thing or two from Joyetech and Hohmtech for keeping their mods up to date.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had good luck with my 6. I got them after they had been out a while so I think I got ones that had the bugs worked out. Both my husband and son have 6's too. I learned my lesson about buying P4Y as soon as they come out. Lol

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm definitely interested after they've been out a while...

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm definitely interested after they've been out a while...
Hopefully everyone doesn't take the same approach.
Can't say it looks very impressive but that's just my thoughts.
I've not been one to wait for others opinions.
I'd prefer to make my own.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully everyone doesn't take the same approach.
Can't say it looks very impressive but that's just my thoughts.
I've not been one to wait for others opinions.
I'd prefer to make my own.
I don't think it's people saying they have to wait to be told by others it's good. I think it's more likely they want to wait for P4Y to fix the bugs the first run will inevitably have if the recent past is repeated.

Just look at what happened to their last few releases. TCR that wasn't functional, reverse polarity protection not functional, and the worst of all, not update-able.

My opinion is: They rush mods out before they are finished. I know I wouldn't buy the first run of anything from them until they turn that around.

Cheers,
Steve

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What no IPV (note) 7, wonder why :D
there was an IPV 7 supposed to come out maybe they scrapped it. Only really saw it here whoever with that price they can keep it and I'll wait for the IPV 8 or that single 26650 if it ever comes out.
https://www.kmg-import.com/ipv7 . The IPV8 does look a lot better IMO

ipv-7_6.jpg

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Paratech, Wingsfan0310 hit the nail on the head. I'm not concerned with other people's opinions as much as I would hope that waiting a little bit, they'd get some of the bugs worked out. If I cared about other people's opinions, my collection would look much different. I buy what I like.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually quite like the way the mod looks.

I haven't yet got the IPV6X myself, but do like my other P4U mods. The main thing I want the 6X for is its size and form factor using a Yihi board.

If it is a similar size to the IPV6X I might actually wait and go for this one, I used to buy mods as soon as I could but due to IPV's history I would rather wait a little while to ensure any bugs are ironed out that are hardware related.

It does seem to output a rather low voltage at 7V maximum, I would expect more for a '230W' Device- although that isn't a big deal to me.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 3 6X's. I waited until the bugs were worked out to get them. I use one, hubs uses another and my son the third one. I really like the 6X and have had no issues other than the battery door pops open if you set it down hard at all. Once you're aware of that, it's not a problem. I will still probably order the 8 after it's been out a while. Like you, I'd rather wait until the bugs are worked out of it. All my IPV's have been great sturdy little boxes. Heck my IPV2 still fires like a champ. I gave it to a friend just starting out and she loves it.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's people saying they have to wait to be told by others it's good. I think it's more likely they want to wait for P4Y to fix the bugs the first run will inevitably have if the recent past is repeated.
Just look at what happened to their last few releases. TCR that wasn't functional, reverse polarity protection not functional, and the worst of all, not update-able.
My opinion is: They rush mods out before they are finished. I know I wouldn't buy the first run of anything from them until they turn that around.
Cheers, Steve
@Paratech, Wingsfan0310 hit the nail on the head. I'm not concerned with other people's opinions as much as I would hope that waiting a little bit, they'd get some of the bugs worked out. If I cared about other people's opinions, my collection would look much different. I buy what I like.
Ok, with that being the mindset, I retract my comment because THIS ^ makes perfect sense.
I was thinking the purpose was for others' opinions.
If the intent is waiting for bugs to be worked out then I do indeed agree.
Valid points.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 6X's. I waited until the bugs were worked out to get them. I use one, hubs uses another and my son the third one. I really like the 6X and have had no issues other than the battery door pops open if you set it down hard at all. Once you're aware of that, it's not a problem. I will still probably order the 8 after it's been out a while. Like you, I'd rather wait until the bugs are worked out of it. All my IPV's have been great sturdy little boxes. Heck my IPV2 still fires like a champ. I gave it to a friend just starting out and she loves it.
I do find that all of my P4U mods are sturdy, that is one thing I can say about them that definitely is good.

I have had some bugs-the 75W glitch on the IPV5, and also the IPV D2 with no stepdown, but the first one was easily sorted and the second could be worked around by using in joule mode.

My IPV3 LI is still going strong, it is my second oldest dual 18650 mod, only my OG Sigelei 150 is older. I find the Yihi boards to be very reliable in my experience.
If I was to purchase another P4U/IPV mod, I will wait a little while before I buy instead of buying when new in case of bugs, but I do think they are reliable, or at least have been to me.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do find that all of my P4U mods are sturdy, that is one thing I can say about them that definitely is good.

If I was to purchase another P4U/IPV mod, I will wait a little while before I buy instead of buying when new in case of bugs, but I do think they are reliable, or at least have been to me.

If you wait until they have put the problems to bed and have a good price, then I could see myself ordering one. Well, actually, I couldn't, but that's just because I need TCR and none of the P4U do TCR very well.
If I vaped one of the 'standard' TC wires and could get one for under USD40, I'd think about it. Two or three months after they were released.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you wait until they have put the problems to bed and have a good price, then I could see myself ordering one. Well, actually, I couldn't, but that's just because I need TCR and none of the P4U do TCR very well.
If I vaped one of the 'standard' TC wires and could get one for under USD40, I'd think about it. Two or three months after they were released.
What type of wire do you use for TC?

I use SS 316L, and find it to work rather well on my IPV5 using a custom TCR setting. I don't have much experience with other wire types such as the NiFe wires though.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Cheers,
Steve

What worse is that they sell a mod claiming its firmware upgradeable to get you to not worry so much about possible bugs, and then the mod doesn't even have the hardware to do it if they did push out an upgrade.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know the IPV8 uses the same chip as the IPV6 at it's latest revision and has roughly the same form factor, so it is just P4U attempt of making the IPV6 go away fast.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What worse is that they sell a mod claiming its firmware upgradeable to get you to not worry so much about possible bugs, and then the mod doesn't even have the hardware to do it if they did push out an upgrade.
yup not gonna order an 8 until i get some good feedback on it.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even if it is just a "corrected" IPV6, I don't really see the problem with that. If they fixed the bugs and complaints people had about the 6 (and yes I said IF), and came up with a better design and look, it's still a great size and is more than enough for most people. I agree, I will wait for a 2nd or 3rd run to order one, not because I care so much what other think, but I want to know the bugs are gone. I have always had good luck with all my IPV's including the 6. We have three of the 6's and there is the reverse polarity protection on ours and haven't had any issues.

If we acted this way about cars, I can think of many models that would never sell. For some reason it's ok for a car manufacturer to see issues and correct them, make cosmetic changes and we are willing to spend many thousands of dollars on those. This isn't just a Chinese mod issue. This happens in all areas of manufacturing. Hell I used to work with medical implants... compare the first pacemakers to current ones.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Even if it is just a "corrected" IPV6, I don't really see the problem with that. If they fixed the bugs and complaints people had about the 6 (and yes I said IF), and came up with a better design and look, it's still a great size and is more than enough for most people. I agree, I will wait for a 2nd or 3rd run to order one, not because I care so much what other think, but I want to know the bugs are gone. I have always had good luck with all my IPV's including the 6. We have three of the 6's and there is the reverse polarity protection on ours and haven't had any issues.

If we acted this way about cars, I can think of many models that would never sell. For some reason it's ok for a car manufacturer to see issues and correct them, make cosmetic changes and we are willing to spend many thousands of dollars on those. This isn't just a Chinese mod issue. This happens in all areas of manufacturing. Hell I used to work with medical implants... compare the first pacemakers to current ones.
It wouldn't have been as bad if it was firmware upgradable but when you say it is and it isn't then your stuck with what you got with no chance of a fix. That's a huge mess up. It's the same reason sigelie when from a trusted brand to one most people don't want to buy from. They have to make up for the ipv6 debacle as most people don't trust them anymore. Myself included.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never tried to upgrade my 6. I didn't have a need to. Like I said, this sort of thing happens in all areas of manufacturing. What will be important to me is to see that they've listened and made the necessary changes. I still trust them and like their products. Maybe I'm a vaping moron for that, but everything I've gotten from them has done what I needed it to do. Couldn't tell you if mine is upgradable as a later gen of the 6, but it does what I need it to do and I love the size and feel of it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Never tried to upgrade my 6. I didn't have a need to. Like I said, this sort of thing happens in all areas of manufacturing. What will be important to me is to see that they've listened and made the necessary changes. I still trust them and like their products. Maybe I'm a vaping moron for that, but everything I've gotten from them has done what I needed it to do. Couldn't tell you if mine is upgradable as a later gen of the 6, but it does what I need it to do and I love the size and feel of it.
None of the 6s are upgradable. I understand trusting them. They were a great company up until the 6. And yihi chips are great. But messing up reverse polarity and firmware upgrades is a huge no no. Doesn't make it a bad mod, just not what was promised

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While all of you are waiting for others to buy it and voice their opinions, I'll be voicing my opinions.
Ordered.
If it turns out to be shit, at least you'll know it before spending the $.
If it turns out to be gold, well, we all know it won't be THAT great.
Either way, it'll look great on my shelf.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trust me I'm tempted to order one but I want to wait until they've been out a minute and hopefully bugs corrected. I got lucky on the 6 by waiting. Plus I've seen pics of a red one that isn't available yet. It's pretty sweet.

I guess I'm forgiving about design flaws because I drive $100,000-$180,000 vehicles everyday with tons of known design flaws that have existed for years and no corrections in sight. We just deal with it.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also kind of intrigued with the SX Mini G Class+. It's WAY more than I like to spend but this thing is kind of cool looking. May have to splurge. Have y'all seen it?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also kind of intrigued with the SX Mini G Class+. It's WAY more than I like to spend but this thing is kind of cool looking. May have to splurge. Have y'all seen it?
I have and I'm on your side.
I'm really liking the cosmetic side of it.
At the same time, not a price point I want to go with.
For me it isn't about the total dollar amount spent, it is the price per item that I watch closely.
I'm going to remain on the fence a while longer for something like that.
Not waiting for anything other than it to go away so I don't have to buy it.
haha

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From my understanding they aren't calling it the G+ anymore. Instead of having two different mods called the G and G+, it's just going to be one mod called the G Class with all the functionality of the G+. It's on pre-order for $219.
http://www.varitube.com/Pre-Order--SXmini--G-Class--Dual-18650-200W_p_408.html

Cheers,
Steve

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But messing up reverse polarity and firmware upgrades is a huge no no. Doesn't make it a bad mod, just not what was promised

They could get away with saying they forgot to check reverse battery, but not allowing for upgrades in a mod with a chip that allows for upgrades is something they knowingly did (or didn't to be more exact).

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
$219 is better, but still a little rich for me. I'd feel like I couldn't use it for fear of scuffing it up or dropping it. It would essentially become a cool paper weight that I would gaze upon... maybe they'll eventually come down in price... or just go away as Paratech said.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The more I look at it the more tempted I am... not sure how I'd pull of the "this old thing???" line with the hubs though. He might take issue with the price tag. :rolleyes:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more I look at it the more tempted I am... not sure how I'd pull of the "this old thing???" line with the hubs though. He might take issue with the price tag. :rolleyes:
I like it too but I think $219 is a little high. I could stomach maybe $150. Not saying no way I'll get it, but I would have to think long and hard before pulling the trigger at that price. What color do you like best, Brown or Black?

Cheers,
Steve

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm thinking black. I've seen a lot of other color options though. Are they not releasing those or are they going to be future options?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking black. I've seen a lot of other color options though. Are they not releasing those or are they going to be future options?
That I'm not sure of. I've seen a lot of options myself including the spiderweb design. I think that was when they were still in the prototype stage. So far the two places I've seen them for preorder, it's been the Black and Brown. It wouldn't surprise me if they have more options in the future though.

Cheers,
Steve

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm... I may wait to see if they release the other options. I would imagine that it will come down in price too. Might be worth keeping on a wish list for a bit to see what happens.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thing is, even if you wait for it to be out a while to shake out and be updated, how can you ever be sure when you order which "version" you'll actually get? Just because you buy it 4 months after release in no guarantee you'll get the "later" edition, you'll get whatever the vendor has in stock at the time.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wait until they run out of their first batch of stock and then order when the resupply. That's what I've done before. Worked with my IPV6X's. Bought 3 of the (2 for other family members) and all were the corrected version.

VU Sponsors