Become a Patron!

Ipv8

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if I like how it looks or how comfortable it might be in the hand..I do like Ipv mods as I still have the IPV3, IPV4 and IPVD2 that still work great...
Like others have said I think I'll wait see before spending my money on one..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The red and black is the one I kind of want. I just don't understand why they went with brown leather on it.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm the solid black doesn't look so good if that "suede" piece is going to peel off. I wonder too, how well it'll hold up under regular use before it looks trashy and the suede is worn down, or of juice gets on it.

After watching the video, the brown leather doesn't look as bad as it did in some of the pics I've seen. I still thing a black leather would look better. I wonder how hard that would be to replace.

I really wish they wouldn't waste so much time going over all the sides of the packaging and the stupid paperwork inside. :wait::wait:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm the solid black doesn't look so good if that "suede" piece is going to peel off. I wonder too, how well it'll hold up under regular use before it looks trashy and the suede is worn down, or of juice gets on it.

After watching the video, the brown leather doesn't look as bad as it did in some of the pics I've seen. I still thing a black leather would look better. I wonder how hard that would be to replace.

I really wish they wouldn't waste so much time going over all the sides of the packaging and the stupid paperwork inside. :wait::wait:
They are just a "sticker" basically so they'd be rather easy to change.
The black/red one looked "crackled" so I had to have it.
If the event the leather piece goes bad, I'll just replace it with a new piece.
Maybe that'd give me the opportunity to try black leather.

The reason for the time spent on the paperwork is so you have a chance to pause on it and read it.
It may contain info that'll help you make your decision on purchasing it.
Or choose it isn't for you.
Plus, if you lose yours, you can view it there. lol
With the exception of the quality control card, that is a waste.
We all know the level of QC that happens with these. haha

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can kind of understand showing the instruction "manual" although most of those are useless, but the QC card and repeatedly going over every detail of the box? I think a lot of these reviewers like to hear themselves talk. Other than that he did provide some good information, such as small details like the 510 being uneven in the all black model.

I still want one and will probably get the red and black and just replace the sticker with some thin black leather or maybe red, depending on what looks good next to it.

Still a cool mod that I'm anxious to order in a few months. It seems as though they listened to what we didn't like about the 6x and fixed it. I'm not that concerned about upgrading it. To be honest, I'll probably have gotten something else new to play with by the time an upgrade comes out. As it is, I can barely give all my toys the time they deserve. Lol

I'm hoping this one is a tough as all the others. I've never been able to destroy an IPV which is what keeps me a fan despite some flaws here and there along the way.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have time, watch some of his full reviews.
That was just the "quick look"
He goes further into detail than any other reviewer.
Many don't need the level of detail he provides, but tech people really go for it.
Myself, I want to know absolutely everything I can possible know.
Some just want to know if the buttons rattle.

I know all too well about having enough vape hardware where a lot of it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you have time, watch some of his full reviews.
That was just the "quick look"
He goes further into detail than any other reviewer.
Many don't need the level of detail he provides, but tech people really go for it.
Myself, I want to know absolutely everything I can possible know.
Some just want to know if the buttons rattle.

I know all too well about having enough vape hardware where a lot of it doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Yeah I love his reviews. Very in depth

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Based of the quick look above I pulled the trigger on the black one last night should be here this week vapenw.com had it in stock. I like the volcano one and will grab one of those once available

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So here it is.... Pioneer 4 you seems to have redeemed themselves. First run and no issues button lock, reverse battery protection, and functioning TCR. it looks pretty cool too!

Attachments

• 20161124_003537.jpg
    20161124_003537.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 41

Torturedzen

Member For 4 Years
So, how does the cloth/suede/whatever-it-is look? Can't tell from your pic? Does it seem like it would peel off?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It looks alright but it does stick out and has a chance to peel. I've been rough on it the last couple days and no signs of peeling so far.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Why bother with the 8, wont the 9 be out next week

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lmao if history is any indication, 9 will be next week and 10 the week after that.
If history is any indication you should wait for the 9. Historically their even numbered mods suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really YIHI's fault, but P4Y screwing up mods with YIHI chips in them gives YIHI a bad name.
If I were YIHI I would be pissed and tell P4Y to go get chips from Kanger :D

Not that I know that something is wrong with the IPV8, just feel like taking some time off P4Y after the IPV6.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I only have one P4Y mod (IPV3Li) and it has been rock solid even after being dropped onto concrete. I still use it on a daily basis and find the build quality on it to be second only to my G2. The only gripe I have is they only provided one update for it before casting it aside in favor of newer models. I feel the Li should have at least been updated to accept SS in TC mode.:cuss2:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If history is any indication you should wait for the 9. Historically their even numbered mods suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Technically this is the 7. They just decided to add a little extra luck to this release with an 8.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a debugged/updated 6x with a new look, I'm betting it will be a pretty good mod, they had plenty of time (and free help) working on it. I like my 6x/Avocado 24 combo a lot, was actually my favorite compact rig that went everywhere with me until I got my Hohm Slice. Mine does have RBP and a screen lock tho

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This just in...

It's a POS
glad I didn't get it. P4U, wismec, joyetech, and sig are all companies i'm not buying mods from for the foreseeable future.

With that said I have a Smoant on the way to play with.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
glad I didn't get it. P4U, wismec, joyetech, and sig are all companies i'm not buying mods from for the foreseeable future.

With that said I have a Smoant on the way to play with.
The IPV9 should be out in a few days. They make better odd numbered mods. Lmfao.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The IPV9 should be out in a few days. They make better od numbered mods. Lmfao.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
maybe i'll by the IPV21 by then they'll have enough complaints to fix their shit hopefully

Torturedzen

Member For 4 Years
I had to return an IPV6x, was issued a store credit and had the option to get the 8 instead.
Whew...I'm glad I didn't!

Torturedzen

Member For 4 Years
Not at the moment. Went with an RX 2/3. Not the greatest, but it was better than the 8, at a lower price.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I shouldn't call it a POS. After all, I just bought a fuchai after getting rid of a 213 because it didn't do what they claimed and Sigelei's all around shady behavior.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not at the moment. Went with an RX 2/3. Not the greatest, but it was better than the 8, at a lower price.
IDK about that lol. Did you see DLJsb vapes review on the 2/3? or the 510 pin issues and the thin 18GA internal wiring that should be 16ga?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Maybe I shouldn't call it a POS. After all, I just bought a fuchai after getting rid of a 213 because it didn't do what they claimed and Sigelei's all around shady behavior.
vapors support bad companies still, thats why they are around and even thriving. we need to show more love to companies that make good products and less to companies that make poor ones IMO. vote with your wallet

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow so this IPV 8 is just a re-cased functional IPV6x lol but still not firmware upgradeable. What a load of shit!

Torturedzen

Member For 4 Years
IDK about that lol. Did you see DLJsb vapes review on the 2/3? or the 510 pin issues and the thin 18GA internal wiring that should be 16ga?
Yes I saw it, but only after I had placed the order. Had it for a week now and so far it's performing nicely (knock on wood). My only complaint is the crappy design to snap the 2 cell back plate on.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cue the people who will make excuses for it.
"Works great in power mode"
"It does TC for me"
"It fine why are you complaining?"

I don't accept shoddy products nor items that don't function fully.
Then again, I get dirty looks from people I go out to eat with because if my food is cold, burned, bad, I tell the server to take it off my check.
I have no idea when the general public decided that accepting poor quality was the polite thing to do.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cue the people who will make excuses for it.
"Works great in power mode"
"It does TC for me"
"It fine why are you complaining?"

I don't accept shoddy products nor items that don't function fully.
Then again, I get dirty looks from people I go out to eat with because if my food is cold, burned, bad, I tell the server to take it off my check.
I have no idea when the general public decided that accepting poor quality was the polite thing to do.

I got a 213 when it first came out. After finding it out the truth regarding its capabilities, I traded it. I regretted trading it because the form factor, screen layout and 2amp balanced charging, were perfect for me. I only use TC with my DNA devices and never vape over 120w so while the misleading (outright lies) claims were disappointing, they would not be deal breakers if Sig had not lied. So, when I recently decided to join the rest of the modern world and start using 24mm RDA's, I needed something besides the RX or IPV5 to put them on. I ended up getting a 213 Fuchai, brand new for $40. I'm not defending it, I know what it can and can't do, I just like the mod so I bought one.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20170105_054458.jpg

So my damned Red/Black IPV8 FINALLY came in.
It is a damn good thing I wasn't intending on using it for SS wire.
Tried many different tanks with prebuilt SS ciols and a few RDTAs with SS wire wrapped up.
Not a single one worked.
With each try the mod just read "Dry Coil No Liquid"
Works fine in power mode.
It really is a shame that Pioneer4You is wasting a really good board.
The mod looks good cosmetically.
With the exception of that dumb ass pleather.
That is all I have to say.

20170105_042154.jpg 20170105_042140.jpg 20170105_042119.jpg 20170105_042100.jpg 20170105_042049.jpg 20170105_042041.jpg 20170105_042034.jpg 20170105_042014.jpg 20170105_041936.jpg

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
View attachment 70706

So my damned Red/Black IPV8 FINALLY came in.
It is a damn good thing I wasn't intending on using it for SS wire.
Tried many different tanks with prebuilt SS ciols and a few RDTAs with SS wire wrapped up.
Not a single one worked.
With each try the mod just read "Dry Coil No Liquid"
Works fine in power mode.
It really is a shame that Pioneer4You is wasting a really good board.
The mod looks good cosmetically.
With the exception of that dumb ass pleather.
That is all I have to say.

View attachment 70697 View attachment 70698 View attachment 70699 View attachment 70700 View attachment 70701 View attachment 70702 View attachment 70703 View attachment 70704 View attachment 70705
it's a really nice looking mod, too bad the performance is lacking

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Will it handle a 30mm tank?
in the DJLSB review he says its 28mm wide so i'd assume not. The top part with the 510 (not including the bezel) was like 24.5 wide

If your looking for a mod to do that, I know paratech just got a sense blazer that handles 30mm tanks. looks really nice too. I have it on my list to buy when a good price pops up

i just got a black one today from my local vape store and yeah it doesnt have firmware upgradeable and no ss tc and all that but it feels nice in the hand and the screen is REALLY nice i gotta say buttons are way nicer than my rx200s so id say its a nice upgrade for a decent price i just wish it was 2 amp balanced charging and i would be in love. this could have been an amazing mod but they messed up on multiple things. still really happy tho the centered 510 and the clean lines make it look VERY nice

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got myself one of these on the way, free courtesy of Gearbest.

Looking forward too it, as I really like the SMOK Alien, and want something in a similar form factor with a Yihi board. I hope it performs well, I haven't yet watched any reviews so will stay on the fence till I try it for myself.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's a well built solid mod that goes back to basics. No real fancy screens or anything. Very simple and dependable. Only issues that have been had is the battery door sucks. Been having complaints that the door randomly opens and drops out the batteries. I've been using the black one and I love it. I do see how the battery door could have been made better.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's a well built solid mod that goes back to basics. No real fancy screens or anything. Very simple and dependable. Only issues that have been had is the battery door sucks. Been having complaints that the door randomly opens and drops out the batteries. I've been using the black one and I love it. I do see how the battery door could have been made better.
It does look very similar to the Aliens door, and to a certain extent, the cuboid's, just without the latch.

Not had any problems with the Alien, although my Cuboid has occasionally gave errors, and my Ex's needed a shim under the contacts to make it work. I still have hers actually in view, I may have a few extra mods if I look in the spare room where she kept hers woopee! lol.

She did actually manage to drop a set of 30Q's out of the mod, I never have managed too with the Alien or the Cuboid myself, I suspect she had not latched the door shut properly.
Looking at the design of the Alien, and the IPV8, it seems you must slide the door into place first, so it would either need to be very loose, or not shut properly to happen.

Hopefully mine turns up in a week or so, and can draw my own conclusions on the mod. I do have fairly high hopes though, as I have found all of my Yihi mods to be fantastic, and the most reliable I own.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got a black,red and the my favorite the blue. The picture truly doesn't do the beauty justice paired with the blue big baby.

Attachments

• 20170225_005216.jpg
    20170225_005216.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 7

decssiz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish they made this a little better. Loved the size of it. Was going to use it for an at work mod. First the battery door would come open in my pocked. 2nd less then 2 weeks after getting it while I was opening the door to put in batteries one of the pins for the hinge broke. I did not mishandle it at all. Just opening the door. The hinge pins on the battery door are cast as one piece with the door. For a cast part this small that makes them very week. If you look at a better quality mod like the sigelei 213 I just picked up the hinge pin is not cast with the door. The door hinge is rolled with a stainless steal pin threw it. I would not buy this again and I will not be buying any P4Y mods in the future.

20170225_012055_zpskhxjhq3y.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I wish they made this a little better. Loved the size of it. Was going to use it for an at work mod. First the battery door would come open in my pocked. 2nd less then 2 weeks after getting it while I was opening the door to put in batteries one of the pins for the hinge broke. I did not mishandle it at all. Just opening the door. The hinge pins on the battery door are cast as one piece with the door. For a cast part this small that makes them very week. If you look at a better quality mod like the sigelei 213 I just picked up the hinge pin is not cast with the door. The door hinge is rolled with a stainless steal pin threw it. I would not buy this again and I will not be buying any P4Y mods in the future.

20170225_012055_zpskhxjhq3y.jpg
213 is built well but the chip sucks. Get a battlestar. For under 40 bucks the chip is awesome. Hits 200 watts. Temp control for ss is great and it's built like a tank

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors