Become a Patron!

Ipv8

decssiz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
213 is built well but the chip sucks. Get a battlestar. For under 40 bucks the chip is awesome. Hits 200 watts. Temp control for ss is great and it's built like a tank

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Who make Smoant. It looks just like an RX 2/3 in 2 battery mode. How is the 510 pin on this mod. RX 510 is garbage and I won't buy anything like that again. Do you think this mod is durable? Can it hold up to being dropped a few time? I'll check it out I like buying mods. The 213 for the last couple weeks has been holding up and I don't use temp control or need 200 watts.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Who make Smoant. It looks just like an RX 2/3 in 2 battery mode. How is the 510 pin on this mod. RX 510 is garbage and I won't buy anything like that again. Do you think this mod is durable? Can it hold up to being dropped a few time? I'll check it out I like buying mods. The 213 for the last couple weeks has been holding up and I don't use temp control or need 200 watts.
Yeah if u use the 213 plus under 150 watts in power mode only it's a solid mod. Plus I never recommend more then 150 watts on a dual mod anyway.

The smoant Battlestar looks similar to the rx2/3 in dual battery mode but it's build quality is crazy good. I have my review for it coming Monday and I disassemble and assemble it so u can see how well it's built. Plus I show my tech test results. It's a great mod.

Also I have to mention the hohmwrecker g2. It's amazing built like a tank and can temp control any wire amazingly. It's my favorite mod

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does look very similar to the Aliens door, and to a certain extent, the cuboid's, just without the latch.

Not had any problems with the Alien, although my Cuboid has occasionally gave errors, and my Ex's needed a shim under the contacts to make it work. I still have hers actually in view, I may have a few extra mods if I look in the spare room where she kept hers woopee! lol.

She did actually manage to drop a set of 30Q's out of the mod, I never have managed too with the Alien or the Cuboid myself, I suspect she had not latched the door shut properly.
Looking at the design of the Alien, and the IPV8, it seems you must slide the door into place first, so it would either need to be very loose, or not shut properly to happen.

Hopefully mine turns up in a week or so, and can draw my own conclusions on the mod. I do have fairly high hopes though, as I have found all of my Yihi mods to be fantastic, and the most reliable I own.
The alien door is different. It has like an ear on each side that goes under so to speak. The IPV8 has only a clasp in the middle. I put them side by side and looked. Had they made the IPV8 door like the Alien it would have been perfect. Still love it though. I just don't put it in my pocket. More of an "on the desk mod"

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah if u use the 213 plus under 150 watts in power mode only it's a solid mod. Plus I never recommend more then 150 watts on a dual mod anyway.

The smoant Battlestar looks similar to the rx2/3 in dual battery mode but it's build quality is crazy good. I have my review for it coming Monday and I disassemble and assemble it so u can see how well it's built. Plus I show my tech test results. It's a great mod.

Also I have to mention the hohmwrecker g2. It's amazing built like a tank and can temp control any wire amazingly. It's my favorite mod

We seem to have bumped into each other again........

I bought a Revenant Vapes Cartel, the fit and finish wasn't perfect, sent it back, then I looked at the Asmodus Minikin 2 Kodama but there is no metal plate on the top, that wooden edge won't last long, they only way I would buy one is if the acrylic (hybrid) was all on the top but the price......not worth it..

I bought another Hammer of God in space purple. the paint finish is so weak I sent it back..

Finder DNA 250, so much over spray on the top, I sent it back...

Bought the Hcigar 250, hated it and again the paint was coming off around the battery door..

Now I'm not talking cheap mods here and I lost it, I threw all my toys out the pram and ended up in a stinking mood all day, I'm sick of getting ripped off and disappointed. Over rated, over priced hunks of junk. (excluding the DNA chip of course)

I swore to myself I was going to go budget and decided to get a Battlestar in Copper, I have never been so shocked in all my days of vaping, it's better than the high end mods, that copper finish is amazing and I paired it with the OBS Gold, which is sort of in bewtween a rose gold and gold, it matches up so well. No button rattle, solid battery door, hits instantly, great form factor, great battery life and for under 40 bucks, its a no brainer. I have the RX 2/3 and it is way better than that. What I like about the copper and the SS, there is no paint to scratch off, this should last me a long time (if the board holds up)

So far, it's the cheapest mod I've bought and the best......sometimes, budget is better, took me a while to wake up.

Please send me a link to your review, I look forward to it buddy :cheers:

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
We seem to have bumped into each other again........

I bought a Revenant Vapes Cartel, the fit and finish wasn't perfect, sent it back, then I looked at the Asmodus Minikin 2 Kodama but there is no metal plate on the top, that wooden edge won't last long, they only way I would buy one is if the acrylic (hybrid) was all on the top but the price......not worth it..

I bought another Hammer of God in space purple. the paint finish is so weak I sent it back..

Finder DNA 250, so much over spray on the top, I sent it back...

Bought the Hcigar 250, hated it and again the paint was coming off around the battery door..

Now I'm not talking cheap mods here and I lost it, I threw all my toys out the pram and ended up in a stinking mood all day, I'm sick of getting ripped off and disappointed. Over rated, over priced hunks of junk. (excluding the DNA chip of course)

I swore to myself I was going to go budget and decided to get a Battlestar in Copper, I have never been so shocked in all my days of vaping, it's better than the high end mods, that copper finish is amazing and I paired it with the OBS Gold, which is sort of in bewtween a rose gold and gold, it matches up so well. No button rattle, solid battery door, hits instantly, great form factor, great battery life and for under 40 bucks, its a no brainer. I have the RX 2/3 and it is way better than that. What I like about the copper and the SS, there is no paint to scratch off, this should last me a long time (if the board holds up)

So far, it's the cheapest mod I've bought and the best......sometimes, budget is better, took me a while to wake up.

Please send me a link to your review, I look forward to it buddy :cheers:
That's awesome! There is a good reason I recommend it so much. For the price point it's hard to match the quality and performance of the battlestar for sure. I'll have my review up later today and shoot you the link. I'm glad you found what you wanted and that I could help :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received mine earlier today, so far I am impressed with the mod, I like its small size for a dual 18650 mod, very similar to the Alien in that respect.

I must ask though, how is the 510 holding up to people that have this mod? I am currently using it with the haze dripper tank, and when I put it in I noticed that there was some resistance very quickly, about halfway screwed on. A long as it is nice and spring loaded, I see no problem, just wouldn't want it to go like any of my Joyetech/Wismec mods.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been experimenting with different builds using TC, and this is another great board by Yihi.

SS TC works great, sure a Evolv board is great after set up, but I would say this is a great mod for someone who wants something that works out of the box, with no computer hassle. I enjoy Escribe and using it, so that is a big thing for me to say.

Out of this or the Alien, I would pick this most definitely. It is strange, I am from the UK and here SMOK mods are really hated, actually despised by most,but I like them myself, while mods that are loved in the US are hated here- such as the overpriced Hohmtech mods (for us anyway, for the price of a Hohmslice you could get a DNA200 or 250- also there has been a lot of issues on the forums I use with those devices, but in the US they are great value).

I rate this mod highly though so far, and would recommend it.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I received mine earlier today, so far I am impressed with the mod, I like its small size for a dual 18650 mod, very similar to the Alien in that respect.

I must ask though, how is the 510 holding up to people that have this mod? I am currently using it with the haze dripper tank, and when I put it in I noticed that there was some resistance very quickly, about halfway screwed on. A long as it is nice and spring loaded, I see no problem, just wouldn't want it to go like any of my Joyetech/Wismec mods.
@Paratech can break down his assessment of the ipv8

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had any trouble with the 510 and I've tested just over 150 tanks on them.

Soft Ergonomic Contour
Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
Standard Resistance: 0.15-3.0ohms
Supports SX Pure Heating Elements
SX Pure Output: 10-230W/10-120J
TCR Value: 0.00050-0.00700
Temperature Control Functionality
Temperature Control of Resistance (TCR) Setting
Temperature Control Range: 212-572°F
Three Button Operations
Voltage Output Range: 1-7V
Wattage Output Range: 10-230W
YiHi SX330-F8 Chipset Technology

Safety Features:
High Input Voltage Warning
Low Resistance Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Reverse Battery Protection
Short-Circuit Protection
Temperature Overheat Protection

Available in:
Matte Black
Matte Brown
Volcano Red

Dimensions:
41.5mm X 88mm X 24mm

Pros and Cons: (you decide which is which for you)
0.1 Watt increments from 10 watts to 100 watts
1 Watt increments from 100 watts to 230 watts
510 pin is centered
NOT UPGRADABLE
3 clicks to LOCK device.
Basically the same mod as the IPV6X but with a MUCH better battery door.
Discharges batteries evenly down to about 3.2V
Does not do balanced charging very well.
No screen rotation.
No vape while charging (no pass-through)
TC is off a LOT in 316L SS (but has TCR)
Temp control is by pulse.
The too hot error message seems to come on a bit more than most other mods on lower resistance builds (less that 0.1Ω).
With fully charged batteries you can get up to 223W @ 0.17Ω

You can see Daniel's review here

=

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Paratech , Thank you for your feedback on the 510, just was a bit worried where it seemed to connect with tanks and RDAs so quickly it would cause issues.

I notice you mention the TC being off a lot for SS316, but it has manual TCR- I have been using the manual TCR myself and must say it does a good job.

I do wonder though if there is an error, as in the manual it states the SS mode is for SS304, but on the mods display is SS316. Could it be possible the setting is really for SS304, and is an error on the display, or is it more likely an error in the manual?
As I was thinking this could explain why the default setting is so far off? Then again the manual TCR is slightly higher than it should be to reach the correct temperature for SS316L.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Paratech , Thank you for your feedback on the 510, just was a bit worried where it seemed to connect with tanks and RDAs so quickly it would cause issues.

I notice you mention the TC being off a lot for SS316, but it has manual TCR- I have been using the manual TCR myself and must say it does a good job.

I do wonder though if there is an error, as in the manual it states the SS mode is for SS304, but on the mods display is SS316. Could it be possible the setting is really for SS304, and is an error on the display, or is it more likely an error in the manual?
As I was thinking this could explain why the default setting is so far off? Then again the manual TCR is slightly higher than it should be to reach the correct temperature for SS316L.
I thought the same thing so I referred to Daniel's video.
It is just that far off.
But the TCR does indeed help a LOT.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 70706

So my damned Red/Black IPV8 FINALLY came in.
It is a damn good thing I wasn't intending on using it for SS wire.
Tried many different tanks with prebuilt SS ciols and a few RDTAs with SS wire wrapped up.
Not a single one worked.
With each try the mod just read "Dry Coil No Liquid"
Works fine in power mode.
It really is a shame that Pioneer4You is wasting a really good board.
The mod looks good cosmetically.
With the exception of that dumb ass pleather.
That is all I have to say.

View attachment 70697 View attachment 70698 View attachment 70699 View attachment 70700 View attachment 70701 View attachment 70702 View attachment 70703 View attachment 70704 View attachment 70705
I was going to get the exact same one, but I couldn't get past the brown leather. It should have black leather. I may hold off on this one. It looks cool otherwise, but I don't like them not living up to the specs they promised.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am sad to say that I had my first issue with one of my ipv8s. Truth be told first issue all together with an ipv product. Was screwing the tank on tonight and the 510 connection popped up from it's press fitted location. So sad and so begins the warranty process.....

Attachments

• 20170416_235227.jpg
    20170416_235227.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 9

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sad to say that I had my first issue with one of my ipv8s. Truth be told first issue all together with an ipv product. Was screwing the tank on tonight and the 510 connection popped up from it's press fitted location. So sad and so begins the warranty process.....
Dang that sucks. IMO, IPV has some of the best 510's in the game. I surprised that it failed. Hopefully they take care of you.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The 510s are great. It being press fitted and not screwed into the top of the mod or at glued is not so great.

VU Sponsors