Become a Patron!

Is a separate battery charger really necessary for Kanger 50w?

Besides the safety factor, is there any reason to have a separate battery charger for Kanger sub box 50w?
Even with 2 batteries, can't I charge in the unit, remove battery, and then charge the other one in unit?
Thanks for any advice.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yes you can charge the batteries internally.

But an external charger does the job a lot quicker!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can use the charger in the device however, its much faster having a separate charger to charge 2 or even 4 at one time and never have to wait to vape when you want to...not sure if its a pass through style set up but when on the go thats not an option really.

I would also venture to say a good charger will be better on the batteries than the usb charger...heat is an enemy of batteries and electronics and i can imagine it produces heat while charging inside the unit it self.

Thanks for the response, guys. I already have an istick 50W w/ Herakles tank, which is awesome. Has non-removable battery that I wall charge w/ .5 amp charger. Got Kanger kit cause smaller/bit lighter for travel, and wanted extra tank. Don't really like that USB to my PC is unregulated voltage. Guess I could either use wall adapter, or just buy a separate battery charger.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I charge both my setups via cable i don't have any issues :)

FE515704-5E5A-4E26-9BBF-978843095D65-15789-0000059E28FD2BE8_zpskxvupydr.jpg

VU Sponsors