Become a Patron!

Is anyone else participating in the University of Geneva study of eCigs?

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am filling out my 4th questionnaire for a University of Geneva study of ECigs. I have been getting these questionnaires for the past 6 months or so, and am very curious as to what the results will be.

The questions revolve around how often you use the eCig, how many ml per day, how much nic in your eLiquid, what type of equipment you use, how long have you been using eCigs, are you still smoking, etc..

The last 2 times, they have included a plastic tube with a roll of cotton in it, and ask that you stick it under your tongue until it gets saturated, and then mail it back to them. They are doing saliva cotinine testing. The last time they sent the sampler, I didn't get it for a couple of weeks because I was travelling. I sent it back, but they didn't put my results on this questionnaire. I think I missed the last round due to the delay in getting it back to them.

It seems like an honest study, so I will participate until they stop sending them. I hope it does some good for the vaping community.

Here is a link to their web site and the survey.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't do any study but I'm a distance runner and my normal day is running 5 miles a day and 10 miles for a long run and I vape up until I step out my door for my run. and I vape as soon as I get back. I even vape right after crossing the finish lines of my races I run. so vaping hasn't reduced lung capacity for me, so glad i quit smoking otherwise I would be sucking wind when I run.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup I've been doing that study also! And the most recent one didnt show the! previous cotinine level either

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup I've been doing that study also! And the most recent one didnt show the! previous cotinine level either
Cool. I thought I just sat on it too long before sending it back to them. I have the one I just got this week all filled out and ready to go into the mail tomorrow. Dying to know what the final results of the study are going to be. I'm going to be pissed if it ends up being something that gives the ANTZ folks more ammunition.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am watchIng the vapolocity show right now, and madmauch believes the person in charge has worked with another reputable researcher that has worked in our favor! When I read the fine print, it does seem to being trying to prove that vaping can be used to help people quit.

nogalesvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im not participating in this study but if anyone knows if more participants will be needed in the future let me know because i would like to be able to give something back (to vaping)

VU Sponsors