Become a Patron!

Is dry burning bad for you?

Tbear69672

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been reading about dry burning your coils and want some input on the subject. Some say it is not good to dry burn your coils and that it is better to just make spaced coils so you don't have to dry burn. I am still on the fence over it?????

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can dry burn coils, spaced or not. I usually change the coils once a month, just for the hell of it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're talking about homemade coils you wick, correct?.....not the screw in jobs?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dry burn coils in my RDA's every time I re-wick, which is about every two days. Ni200 coils (which I do not use) are another story.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been reading about dry burning your coils and want some input on the subject. Some say it is not good to dry burn your coils and that it is better to just make spaced coils so you don't have to dry burn. I am still on the fence over it?????

You're confusing firing a new unwicked build to ensure proper heating (of contact coils) with dry-burning which is for removing built up gunk and usually done when you rewick.
But I guess we generally use the same term for both.

Both are safe when done properly... keeping in mind to not overheat Titanium during either.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the only coils i will not suggest dry burning is Ti and Ni but done right you could

VU Sponsors