Become a Patron!

Is FA kiwi acidic?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The reason I ask is it hits my lungs the same as FA pineapple, which i can't use.

Will FA cookie tame that some? I known I need to tweak the recipe some. It could the combo of the strawberry, too much. The first time on my g2 in tc about blew my head off. I had to crank it WAY down than I normally use.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had problem with FA Kiwi, while I can't support FA Fuji more than 1%. I don't think it is very acidic.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I probably have some proportions wrong. I have another kiwi recipe steeping. I'll see how that one goes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My first thought was Marshmallow, then I saw Vince's post. I don't know that cookie would tame it, necessarily, but might be interesting if sweetened up a little. i don't vape kiwi often, while FA Kiwi is really authentic, I find it tart to vape too often.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first thought was Marshmallow, then I saw Vince's post. I don't know that cookie would tame it, necessarily, but might be interesting if sweetened up a little. i don't vape kiwi often, while FA Kiwi is really authentic, I find it tart to vape too often.

Tart could be one of the issues. I used 1.5% kiwi and 4% total strawberry. The strawberry percentage is normally not an issue. It doesn't need sweetness. I will tweak it a lot. I hate that. Some people make diy look so easy. I can vape it, it tastes good but just have to be careful.

The air pollution here is killing my lungs too which is not helping my vaping. That could be adding to the issues.

Edit: I also, accidentally, added 2% cream fresh. I decided to leave it so I would not have to wash the bottle and get another. I know, lazy.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it FA Strawberry ? I made a mix with FA Strawberry and FA Lemon and it was unvapable, but I know that lemon alone is ok to me.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it FA Strawberry ? I made a mix with FA Strawberry and FA Lemon and it was unvapable, but I know that lemon alone is ok to me.
No, INW and TFA Strawberry Ripe. I lost my FA strawberry and decided not to reorder.

Edit: Shisha Strawberry

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's possible the mix brings a higher percentage of certain molecules present in both flavors. I think this is what happended with my strawberry-lemon mix, and will try other brands for that blend.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tart could be one of the issues. I used 1.5% kiwi and 4% total strawberry. The strawberry percentage is normally not an issue. It doesn't need sweetness. I will tweak it a lot. I hate that. Some people make diy look so easy. I can vape it, it tastes good but just have to be careful.

The air pollution here is killing my lungs too which is not helping my vaping. That could be adding to the issues.

Edit: I also, accidentally, added 2% cream fresh. I decided to leave it so I would not have to wash the bottle and get another. I know, lazy.
No, I see people use Fresh Cream that high, but I usually use it at 0.5 - max 1%. I wouldn't think that would cause any issue. If you decide to remix, see if a tad lower on the Kiwi does what you hope it will.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's possible the mix brings a higher percentage of certain molecules present in both flavors. I think this is what happended with my strawberry-lemon mix, and will try other brands for that blend.
For that I would try 2-3 lemon Sicily and 1.5 fa strawberry. Both are FA.

Edit: lemon Sicily will fade.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, I see people use Fresh Cream that high, but I usually use it at 0.5 - max 1%. I wouldn't think that would cause any issue. If you decide to remix, see if a tad lower on the Kiwi does what you hope it will.
I plan on 0.75 kiwi and a total 1.5 strawberry. The cream fresh was accident. I may keep this but at 0 5 or put 0.5 Vienna cream. I may add 0.5 fa marshmallow for kicks.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried
Another thing is I've been vaping too strong fluids and lost my touch with lesser percentages. Trying to get that back now. I appreciate all the help.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hot pepper vape? Don't know if I can handle that right now.
@Huckleberried
Just vaped it again. You are right. It's a tart thing. My next try:

FA kiwi 0.75%
TFA Strawberry 1%
INW Shisha Strawberry 0.5%
FA Vienna cream 0.5%
FA marshmallow 0.5%
Let us all know what ya think of it! I'm not a strawberry person, but any berry that plays well with strawberry works here. Sounds really good, IMO.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I did some troubleshooting this morning. I tried all kiwi mixes I made. I had the same issue with my chest. Then I thought about my base, which i know my nic increase from 0.2 to 1 was too much. I made new base and vaped that. Smooth as glass.

Kiwi and pineapple are two I can't do. You live you learn. One had yogurt and one didn't so it rules that out. I didn't care for yogurt so I don't know how much play that will get.

Edit: Now I'm trying to find a good tank mix.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update: yogurt is okay it just needs a little steep time. I deleted the recipe, ha. It was simple. I can redo it on the fly.

VU Sponsors