Is Flavor West any good?!

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to order up some Candy Cane from them because HIC said their flavor will get me pretty close to a clone of Halo's Kringles Curse. Thanks again HIC!! You're a lifesaver. Anyways, I can't just order one flavor so I'm wondering what else is good?! I'm mostly into bakery and custard vapes.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a few of them, mostly for accent flavors though. IMO, FW has nice flavors, but they tend to be quite weak. 15-20% is not uncommon for them.

Me, I mostly use the SC flavors from VZ, although I'm gonna try some Inerwera soon here. :)

http://www.ecigexpress.com/ has pretty much every flavor vendor there is.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never tried those SC flavors from VZ. Might have to try some soon. Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
There aren't a lot of really outstanding flavors from Flavor West, but they do a few better than anyone. The others I find useful:

Black Licorice: the one licorice flavor I know that tastes like black jelly beans (rather than other licorice candy)
Dr. Pepper: it's not perfect, but it's the closest flavor to Dr. Pepper that I've found. More like Mr. Pibb, maybe...
Salted Caramel and Caramel Candy: honestly the tastiest caramel candy flavorings, but they were shown to contain diacetyl I try not to vape
Cinnamon Hot Tamale: pretty close to the real candies; they get that different-than-red-hots part right
Creme de Menthe: theirs is the smoothest one, no alcohol spikiness to it, so best-tasting in my opinion
Pina Colada: if your wife likes Halo's Malibu liquid, get this one, too
Swedish Fish: perfect match for the candies, if you like them
Gummi Bear: like red (cherry?) gummies, if you like those candies
Tres Leches: vanilla cake with loads of milk/cream flavor (probably has diacetyl, too)
and of course Candy Cane, because nobody else has a sweet peppermint like it, (except Halo ;-) and others can't be 'doctored' to match it perfectly

oh - I agree they're not very strong flavors - 10-12%, sometimes 15% for me when I used them.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There aren't a lot of really outstanding flavors from Flavor West, but they do a few better than anyone. The others I find useful:

Black Licorice: the one licorice flavor I know that tastes like black jelly beans (rather than other licorice candy)
Dr. Pepper: it's not perfect, but it's the closest flavor to Dr. Pepper that I've found. More like Mr. Pibb, maybe...
Salted Caramel and Caramel Candy: honestly the tastiest caramel candy flavorings, but they were shown to contain diacetyl I try not to vape
Cinnamon Hot Tamale: pretty close to the real candies; they get that different-than-red-hots part right
Creme de Menthe: theirs is the smoothest one, no alcohol spikiness to it, so best-tasting in my opinion
Pina Colada: if your wife likes Halo's Malibu liquid, get this one, too
Swedish Fish: perfect match for the candies, if you like them
Gummi Bear: like red (cherry?) gummies, if you like those candies
Tres Leches: vanilla cake with loads of milk/cream flavor (probably has diacetyl, too)
and of course Candy Cane, because nobody else has a sweet peppermint like it, (except Halo ;-) and others can't be 'doctored' to match it perfectly

oh - I agree they're not very strong flavors - 10-12%, sometimes 15% for me when I used them.

Yeah, that Cinnamon Hot Tamale is some hella strong stuff. I use it when my usual TFA Cinnamon Danish isn't enough of a kick. ;-)

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Candy Cane is a soft peppermint at 15%, ...Yummy
Butterscotch at 18% ..another yummy
Cucumber Mint 17% ..good, but more mint than cucumber
Menthol ..super strong, use with caution
Salted Caramel 20% .. the best caramel out there
Vanilla Butternut 15% .. fantastic "desert" type flavor .. one more yummy
White out ... good for adding to fruits for a slight "cooling" effect. Not menthol or minty, but it just cools the fruit, like it had been in the frig.

FW suggests you start at 15%, then go up from there.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 for salted caramel and sweedish Fish. I also have mixed up captain crunch, skittles and if you like tang / ecto coler is a popular FW flavor.

Enjoy!

vaping one day at a time

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FW also has the best red licorice flavor. It tastes just like old fashioned red rope licorice. Be warned though, even mixing it at 10% with no added sweeteners, it gunks up coils like crazy. Best used in a dripper that you can easily burn off the crap and rewick.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'll add to all the above blackberry mojito is pretty good.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well considering I just got in a pretty big Capella order I only went with a couple from FW. I got the candy cane, salted caramel and tres leches. We'll see how they go. I'll let everyone know. I'll say this, I'm quite impressed with the Capella stuff I got it. Especially their vanilla custard. Has to be the best custard I've ever had. Their sweet strawberry too, best I've had.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the monkey fart? I have a bottle but haven't tried it yet.

Reporting on the monkey fart. It is really good. I added 15% to my 50/50 base. I can make out strawberry, banana, some type of cereal and a slight cooling effect. Very tasty. However, I almost used the whole bottle.

Last edited:

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only went with a couple from FW. I got the candy cane, salted caramel.

Those are both very good
The only thing about FW is they recommend starting at 15%, and that about right.
I used 18%-20% on the caramel, and out of all the company's I've tried ... it was the first caramel I could taste, no matter how much I used of the others.
BTY, it's not really "salty"
The Candy cane tastes just like one ...peppermint.
It's a pretty good clone for "Kringles Kurse" or whatever it called....yummy
Forgot who puts it out, (Halo ??) but it's pretty "at the top" of the good juices for vapers
I used the 15% and it's good, but I made a note that it could of used a tiny bit of sweetener
I use just a little VG, so my juices don't have that VG sweetness to start with.

The Butterscotch at 18% was good too
Ecto Cooler at 17% tastes just like the old time "Tang" .. not bad ..brings back memories if your in my age bracket :p

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I mixed candy cane up at 10% and is super super harsh in my subtank mini!
Do candy cane need steeping or should i drop %? Anyone can awnser this for me id be greatfull! Cheers

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Butter rum
Yellow cake
Cinnamon roll

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep hearing this yellow cake lol what do you guys mix it at i have to give that one a try

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
7% yellow cake, 7% cinnamon roll. You might want to add a little extra cinnamon if you have it on hand.
The cake will really turn your cotton black, ignore that.;-)

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FW Yellow Cake & FW Hazelnut are used in a lot of cereal type vapes too.

I really like the Hazelnut, and the Butter Pecan is to die for, even as a stand alone.
Cinnamon Roll is about the best I've had so far.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Girl (Enchanted) and I am new to your forum.

First time on this site. First time writing here.

Don't know computers very well in general, so having a hard time getting around this site, searching for where else to ask a question, how to search, about something I am looking for:

Never did any diy e-juice as of yet, but after vaping for about 2 years, am ready to try. Want healthy ingredients, tho, and simple but adequate kit to make 90ml - 120ml at a time, to start off with. How long does a fresh batch of e-juice last?

Live in a small town where I have to travel 1.5 hrs round trip to buy expensive e-juice from nearest e-cig store; if I can't get there, I end up buying cheap (-unhealthy I am sure-) e-liquid from the local gas station, and I just cannot keep vaping doing it this way.

Looking for a Black Cherry, mellow, deep, NOT SWEET, healthy juice or flavor for diy recipe, with some other flavors mixed with it, perhaps, to keep it grounded and low key, but still rich.

Thanks everyone, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place... !!!

Girl, Enchanted

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Everyone,

My name is Girl (Enchanted) and I am new to your forum.

First time on this site. First time writing here.

Don't know computers very well in general, so having a hard time getting around this site, searching for where else to ask a question, about something I am searching for:

Never did any diy e-juice as of yet, but after vaping for about 2 years, am ready to try. Want healthy ingredients, tho, and simple but adequate kit to make 90ml - 120ml at a time, to start off with. Live in a small town where I have to travel 1.5 hrs round trip to buy expensive e-juice from nearest e-cig store; if I can't get there, I end up buying cheap (unhealthy I am sure) e-liquid from the local gas station, and I just cannot keep vaping doing it this way.

Looking for a Black Cherry, mellow, deep, NOT SWEET, healthy juice or flavor for diy recipe, with some other flavors mixed with it, perhaps, to keep it grounded and low key, but still rich.

Thanks everyone, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place... !!!

Girl, Enchanted

Best bet for clean flavorings is FA (FlavourArt)
Black Cherry & Cherry but only need to use small amounts normally.
Many other good fruit flavors too like Fuji Apple & Lemon Sicily.
You can add some Fresh Cream, Vienna Cream, Vanilla Classic, or Meringue.
You should do much reading around here for more tips on PG/VG/NIC, etc.
Welcome to DIY and VU, BTW.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have-
Blue Raspberry- I think its alright. I mixed it alone and its pretty good. I want to find the best blue raspberry out there but need a little help. Seriously, blue raspberry type are my favorite e juices.
Pina Colada- Its spot on and you dont need to use much. When I tasted it I was brought back to my childhood. My grandpa used to take me to a mall to get pina coladas. Also Malibu rum comes to mind.
Monsterous- Its supposed to taste like Monster energy drink. It does not. It tastes like flat Mountain Dew. I wont get this again.

I'm new to DIY and ordered these. I will probably get more Flavor West products. I thought I'd add my opinions.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It took me a while to try out FW flavors again. My very first DIY purchase was like 6 4oz bottles of random FW flavors. LOL not the best way to begin your DIY journey. 3 years later, and I'm very glad I tried them out again, with a lot more experience and knowledge under my belt.

I've found their Yellow Cake excellent to make FA's Nonna Cake more useful. They serve as the base for a very popular Hostess Blueberry Muffin flavor I sell.

Also, their Fruit Rings is a very important part of my Fruit Loops flavor, that has been very popular and that I've probably sold a couple gallons of.

I've played around a decent amount with their Salted Caramel and Caramel Candy. I like them, but have yet to develop a recipe that I'm totally happy with.

I've read great things about their Butterscotch, and have played around with it some, but need more time to experiment. Same for their Hazelnut. Just haven't made anything yet that really excites me.

I've also read great stuff about their Cinnamon Roll, but keep forgetting to pick up a bottle.

I still have a ton of FW flavors to try, but I've definitely overcome my prejudice against them. Their Fruit Rings has been worth its weight in gold, at the least.

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite FW single flavors -
Butterscotch
Pralines And Cream
Peanut Butter
Toffee Dream Cream
Graham Cracker
Cinnamon Roll
Yellow Cake is great but the gunkiest I ever tried besides Banana Foster
Cake Batter almost as good but almost as bad
Same with Reindeer Poop

I had friends that vaped Green Apple or Unicorn Vomit exclusively for months
My wife's been vaping nothing but East Coast Tobacco for 3 years
Try 25% Peanut Butter - 75% Toffee Dream Cream - one friend used that for a few months, now he's been vaping it exclusively at 50/50 PB/TDC for about 6mos - I like it better at 25/75

16% in 50/50, 20% in Max VG - I can only handle about 10%PG so I use 10% FW with 3% saline in my Max VG with VG nic but it steeps for a month before I get to it so it's strong enough

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FW Black licorice is one of my must haves. Goes with so many things. Tastes exactly like our Aussie Choo Choo bars. choo-choo-bar_3.png

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
FW Blueberry is quite good. Like Strawberry, getting an accurate Blueberry is an illusive quest and is somewhat more challenging ... once you have it spot on, the blueberry flavor fades in a short period of time.

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW Blueberry is quite good. Like Strawberry, getting an accurate Blueberry is an illusive quest and is somewhat more challenging ... once you have it spot on, the blueberry flavor fades in a short period of time.

I'll second the Blueberry as a great FW flavor. In fact it combined with TFA BB WIld is, after two years of searching, the most realistic BB. I'm also really enjoying their Rainbow Candy(spot on) & Sweet Tea.
I have a Melon Boba Tea Recipe where their Sweet Tea, which has a nice earthy/tannic note, is sweetened with some melons and then contrasted w/ just 1% of FA Fresh Cream. It creates an unexpectedly poinant dairy note.. hmm I'm so glad it warming up again, bring out the fruit vapes!

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll second the Blueberry as a great FW flavor. In fact it combined with TFA BB WIld is, after two years of searching, the most realistic BB.

Agree. If you really want to get obsessive, mix some FA Bilberry:idea:.

Btw, What ratio are you using? 2 (FW BB) :1 (TFA BB wild)?

Last edited:

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I've flipped those ratios, 1:2 in any Cream/Custard recipe. FW's has that funky note, though way less, that FA's does and IMHO when combined with Creams/Custards excentuates. I save FA Bilberry for my bakeries. It can punch through a heavy Bakery recipe and not get bent to that funk.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Actually I've flipped those ratios, 1:2 in any Cream/Custard recipe. FW's has that funky note, though way less, that FA's does and IMHO when combined with Creams/Custards excentuates. I save FA Bilberry for my bakeries. It can punch through a heavy Bakery recipe and not get bent to that funk.

Will try your ratio. Any thoughts on FW Whipped Cream? It diacetyl-free and 'light' ... may pair well with BB.

VU Sponsors