Become a Patron!

Is Hohm Tech ever going to make a better looking mod??

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all,

I have heard all kinds of good things about the FSK chip and Hohm Wrecker G2 mods but I cannot see paying for something so ugly. Does anyone know if they are going to work on a better looking mod for that chip??

CV :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That does look pretty nice. It says it has an "OMNI" board? How do you know it is an FSK?

Oh fuck my bad....
Yeah scratch that, it's the vaporesso board. I has a dumbdumb

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice but a bit girly looking

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk
Lol, it is a little feminine looking. Probably why my fiance has been wanting that one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all,

I have heard all kinds of good things about the FSK chip and Hohm Wrecker G2 mods but I cannot see paying for something so ugly. Does anyone know if they are going to work on a better looking mod for that chip??

Doesn't look like it. All indications are they're concentrating on the battery business. She may indeed be ugly but one you start vaping her the ugliness fades quickly.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't look like it. All indications are they're concentrating on the battery business. She may indeed be ugly but one you start vaping her the ugliness fades quickly.

-William Cowper

Yeah, I hear ya. But I own 4 Lost Vape DNA mods and I just cannot go back to ugly mods anymore. The Lost Vape mods are works of art to me. As a matter of fact, I usually use my Sigelei 213 or 213 Fuchai mods when I am out and about simply because I do not want to damage my Lost Vape mods. Nicest looking mods out so far in my opinion. Of course, that is just my opinion and I am sure others may disagree. My 213 mods are definitely not bad looking either and still look 100 times better than the Hohm Tech G2. Like I said, just cannot see spending the $ on something so ugly. If I wanted to vape on something like that I would get out my old Sig150 mod (basically the exact same box with different innards). LOL :) As always, whatever keeps people from smoking is the best, no matter what it is or how it looks!!

Happy Vaping!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I hear ya. But I own 4 Lost Vape DNA mods and I just cannot go back to ugly mods anymore. The Lost Vape mods are works of art to me. As a matter of fact, I usually use my Sigelei 213 or 213 Fuchai mods when I am out and about simply because I do not want to damage my Lost Vape mods. Nicest looking mods out so far in my opinion. Of course, that is just my opinion and I am sure others may disagree. My 213 mods are definitely not bad looking either and still look 100 times better than the Hohm Tech G2. Like I said, just cannot see spending the $ on something so ugly. If I wanted to vape on something like that I would get out my old Sig150 mod (basically the exact same box with different innards). LOL :) As always, whatever keeps people from smoking is the best, no matter what it is or how it looks!!

Happy Vaping!
Meh, to each his own. Personally I'll take function over form everyday of the week.

-William Cowper

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Happy Vaping!
I'm with ya there! I've used that board and it is a great board!!! I just can't carry around a brick with gender symbols all day. In my opinion Prince is the only person who was ever able to pull that off. Even if the board was in a Hammond box, it would be a winner for me.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the Slice id like to at least see some stainless steel buttons and maybe some two tone going on but I can see how they skimped out on this to keep prices low...The G2 box is just too square and old school ugly looking and the symbols all over it just make it that much worse...Id expect to see more companies using the chip in more modern looking boxes but id also expect to see prices go way way up should the board prove reliable...The DNA 75 is already getting near $100 or more in nicer designed boxes...Time will tell...So, ill most likely invest in quite a few more slice boards before it costs a lot of money to get something with the board in it.

A Hammond or Alpine box with the FSK chip is already in the works for me...I want to do 2 battery configurations using the board.. Single 26650 and dual 18650 parallel.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Happy Vaping!

I agree, the Lost Vape mods are lookers.
I've never actually held the Therion, I've come so close to buying one but at the last minute I always start thinking it's going to be way too heavy. I made that mistake with the Ohmsmium which I still like a lot but mannn is it a tank.
There's a super fine line between sturdy/well made and pure heft for me. Do you find the Therion to be heavy at all?

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Slice has the same chip as as the G2 and is not bad looking though a single 26650. I have both and I like the G2 better though, it's a very well functioning device. As far as looks...in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, the g2 is one fugly box. I'm sure it's a solid functioning unit but to call it a tank - it would be so lucky to have the streamline sex appeal of a tank. lmfao. Like others said, eye of the beholder and all but to be fair, there are no square steering wheels or machined cube shift knobs with sharp edges. There is a certain element of ergonomics to consider with a device intended to be held in the hand.

Sometimes I imagine the hohmtech team saying to the mod designer "ok, go make a box for this thing and bring it back"
(5 minutes later)
"What the hell is this design called?"
.... "it's called fuck it."

hahahaha

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm with ya there! I've used that board and it is a great board!!! I just can't carry around a brick with gender symbols all day. In my opinion Prince is the only person who was ever able to pull that off. Even if the board was in a Hammond box, it would be a winner for me.

Amen. I actually like the boxiness, the symbols kill me though. If there was a silicone sleeve for it I might actually take it into public. The performance though. Love/hate.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
'take it into public' haha like who gives a shit what the public may think of symbols when they want to condemn you for 'smoking' lol.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
thanks to the FDA regs I don't believe so. They seem to have moved onto making chips and batteries only. I don't think we'll see any more hohmtech mods

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
'take it into public' haha like who gives a shit what the public may think of symbols when they want to condemn you for 'smoking' lol.
I probably shouldn't give a shit but I do. So what? Maybe one day I'll be as carefree as yourself.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thanks to the FDA regs I don't believe so. They seem to have moved onto making chips and batteries only. I don't think we'll see any more hohmtech mods
Funny thing is HT went into the battery business to avoid the regulations on mods. Now it looks like the new regulations are concentrating on batteries. They just can't catch a break.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Funny thing is HT went into the battery business to avoid the regulations on mods. Now it looks like the new regulations are concentrating on batteries. They just can't catch a break.

-William Cowper
cause the FDA are a bunch of morons

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The question should be why don't more mod manufacturers use the FSK chip?
most companies have their own chip, the ones that don't seem to already have deals in place with evolv or yihi.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
most companies have their own chip, the ones that don't seem to already have deals in place with evolv or yihi.
Just like mod manufacturers decide to switch from using unknown chips to more desirable Yihi & Evolv chips, they could choose to switch to FSK.

Especially for foreign markets where an all American expensive mod is out of the question but a cheaper Chinese mod body with a good chip is a better option.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just like mod manufacturers decide to switch from using unknown chips to more desirable Yihi & Evolv chips, they could choose to switch to FSK.

Especially for foreign markets where an all American expensive mod is out of the question but a cheaper Chinese mod body with a good chip is a netter option.
that is true, but one thing we learned is that the evolv chip mod manufacturers (like lost vape, think vape, hcigar, etc/) aren't allowed to use other companies chips. It's part of their deal with evolv. Smok, ijoy, and wismec all have their own. I'm not sure how vaporshark was allowed to make a wismec mod unless they have some other deal or told evolv to f-off. I'd love to see a vaporshark FSK mod

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that is true, but one thing we learned is that the evolv chip mod manufacturers (like lost vape, think vape, hcigar, etc/) aren't allowed to use other companies chips. It's part of their deal with evolv. Smok, ijoy, and wismec all have their own. I'm not sure how vaporshark was allowed to make a wismec mod unless they have some other deal or told evolv to f-off. I'd love to see a vaporshark FSK mod
Wismec's Reauleaux line is a two board mod as well.

-William Cowper

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those manufacturers that have their own can still make a premium mod with a better chip, like in the case of Reuleaux DNA200 or the SVD2 (DNA 20).

Wouldn't mind an Alien FSK or a Tarot FSK for example.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree, the Lost Vape mods are lookers.
I've never actually held the Therion, I've come so close to buying one but at the last minute I always start thinking it's going to be way too heavy. I made that mistake with the Ohmsmium which I still like a lot but mannn is it a tank.
There's a super fine line between sturdy/well made and pure heft for me. Do you find the Therion to be heavy at all?
I have 2 of the Therion mods, 1 for me and 1 for the wife. I don't think it is that heavy, but that is always subjective. It is definitely lighter than the Triade! Lol I just got the SCAR DNA75 and it is nice but probably twice as heavy as the Therion.

Happy Vaping Everyone! CV

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fda is getting into battery regulation now? For batteries that are multipurpose and not just vaping specific?

VU Sponsors