Is it just me?.......

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, let's see, VU, walking into a party and seeing a bunch of old friends and meeting a bunch of new ones and being told to make yourself at home.

ECF, tip toeing down a long path made out of eggshells to the gallows that await you.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are definitely a family type community. I fell in love with this place on my first day here, never looking back, stomping forward. Keep it Foggy my Underbrothers and Undersisters.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I frequent both forums and find VU more comfortable to discuss issues. Especially emotionally charged issues where some (myself included) tend to use more colorful language and more direct opinions of some others. I really find it tedious having to wonder if anything I say will be against the ever changing TOS of ECF. I' mean seriously, can anyone really keep up with the ECF TOS? I sure can't.

But that being said, ECF is still a much better repository of vaping knowledge and still has the largest amount of informative posts on newer devices and advances in vaping technology. So I still use both forums pretty much daily. The amount of good information is increasing here at VU, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it equals or surpasses the sheer volume of good information available on ECF. But it will take time and I don't see the need deny a good source of vaping information quite yet. But I do so love the freedom of calling an irritating poster a fucking twat without getting insta banned for life.

Perhaps it's time for those who love VU to start taking a stance that any informative post they want to make on devices, vape gear, or vape issues that they see on ECF make their posts only here on VU and not on ECF to start to decrease the knowledge divide between ECF and here. Even if it's a response to an ECF post with a link to the ECF thread (VU is good like that, you can link to an ECF thread. The reverse is not true). With enough time this could add a lot of value to VU I think.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I frequent both forums and find VU more comfortable to discuss issues. Especially emotionally charged issues where some (myself included) tend to use more colorful language and more direct opinions of some others. I really find it tedious having to wonder if anything I say will be against the ever changing TOS of ECF. I' mean seriously, can anyone really keep up with the ECF TOS? I sure can't.

But that being said, ECF is still a much better repository of vaping knowledge and still has the largest amount of informative posts on newer devices and advances in vaping technology. So I still use both forums pretty much daily. The amount of good information is increasing here at VU, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it equals or surpasses the sheer volume of good information available on ECF. But it will take time and I don't see the need deny a good source of vaping information quite yet. But I do so love the freedom of calling an irritating poster a fucking twat without getting insta banned for life.

Perhaps it's time for those who love VU to start taking a stance that any informative post they want to make on devices, vape gear, or vape issues that they see on ECF make their posts only here on VU and not on ECF to start to decrease the knowledge divide between ECF and here. Even if it's a response to an ECF post with a link to the ECF thread (VU is good like that, you can link to an ECF thread. The reverse is not true). With enough time this could add a lot of value to VU I think.

Well VU has only been around about six months. How many users did ECF have when it was six months old? A forum isn't by definition "a source of information." That's called a WIKI. Being a forum suggests by definition it is a "medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas". The LAST thing ECF is, is a source for "open discussion".

If you doubt it, try to express the opinion there that the Provari is overrated, or that steeping is a myth, or that nicotine isn't addictive, or that Konstantinos Farsalinos is a crackpot, or that CAASA is just an ECF shell, and see how far your open discussion goes.

Last edited:

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
one I use for information and the other I use for information and posting about things and subject. You can guess which is which.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well VU has only been around about six months. How many users did ECF have when it was six months old? A forum isn't by definition "a source of information." That's called a WIKI. Being a forum suggests by definition it is a "medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas". The LAST thing ECF is, is a source for "open discussion".

If you doubt it, try to express the opinion there that the Provari is overrated, or that steeping is a myth, or that nicotine isn't addictive, or that Konstantinos Farsalinos is a crackpot, or that CAASA is just an ECF shell, and see how far your open discussion goes.

I do know how long VU has been around and how long ECF has been around. Just have no idea why you think this is pertinent when talking about repositories for vaping knowledge. And quite frankly, I'm shocked you don't think vaping forums are a source of information. Really? A forum is not a timely source of information but a Wiki is? Go to Wikipedia and search for Aspire Atlantis. You'll get subject not found, so yeah forums are where you'll get pertinent information about vaping. So if you want to know about the Kanger SubOhm tank that is due to be released later this month you go to Wikipedia and not a forum. Ummm... OK dude, if that's what you do then I guess that's what you do. I think most of us will talk about it on a forum.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do know how long VU has been around and how long ECF has been around. Just have no idea why you think this is pertinent when talking about repositories for vaping knowledge. And quite frankly, I'm shocked you don't think vaping forums are a source of information. Really? A forum is not a timely source of information but a Wiki is? Go to Wikipedia and search for Aspire Atlantis. You'll get subject not found, so yeah forums are where you'll get pertinent information about vaping. So if you want to know about the Kanger SubOhm tank that is due to be released later this month you go to Wikipedia and not a forum. Ummm... OK dude, if that's what you do then I guess that's what you do. I think most of us will talk about it on a forum.

I'm not saying forums aren't a source of information, I'm saying that they aren't a source of information by definition. By definition they are a meeting place for open discussion, and only through that do they become sources of information. The reason how long both forums have been around is pertinent is because based upon VU's growth rate, when it's around as long as ECF has been, it will most likely be twice or three times the size of ECF; and judging by how many bridges ECF is burning in the community, it will have dwindled to nothing but the big wiki it tries to be. Maybe at that point VU will need to establish some stricter rules to keep things from getting out of hand, but hopefully it won't lose sight of it's mission and establish so many ridiculous rules that it no longer exists as a forum but finds it has become just a big, over moderated, interactive wiki like ECF is.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I'd double like this if I could.
Is it just me or does Vaping Underground have a more tight-knit, responsive community than ECF?
*From observation and actual use of both forum*
Laurel, a big bunch of us followed a banned from that place member over here, because we are family. I love that this place is available. We've become much tighter knit than ever! Our little family has grown and grown. What's really great is that all the people that are here now, get to be a part of it from it's early days. This includes you, my dear :)

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the EFC is awesome. I am just here to troll. This is where I hang out when at work.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the EFC is awesome. I am just here to troll. This is where I hang out when at work.
tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500_zps6a0028c3.gif

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd double like this if I could.

Laurel, a big bunch of us followed a banned from that place member over here, because we are family. I love that this place is available. We've become much tighter knit than ever! Our little family has grown and grown. What's really great is that all the people that are here now, get to be a part of it from it's early days. This includes you, my dear :)
There should be a VU Meetup/Convention one day!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
One day and you guys gota make sure i am there :p *ducks!! haha!

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just find that if I post something on ECF, a response/advice/helping hand is rare.
On VU, I am constantly getting responses, great advice, humor and a steady community feeling.
VU may be smaller, but like a saying I once heard regarding friendship, "Four quarters in a jar make much more noise than 100 pennies."
Quality over quantity is Vaping Underground for sure.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I spent many years as a Marine. They were the most open, honest and rude bunch of guys I've ever met. They were the best bunch of guys I've ever met. Kinda reminds me of this place a little. ECF is a bunch of sugar coating, politically correct high schoolers being monitored by the Gestapo. This is where the grown folk go.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just find that if I post something on ECF, a response/advice/helping hand is rare.
On VU, I am constantly getting responses, great advice, humor and a steady community feeling.
VU may be smaller, but like a saying I once heard regarding friendship, "Four quarters in a jar make much more noise than 100 pennies."
Quality over quantity is Vaping Underground for sure.
Shiny Quarters = VU vs Dull Pennies = ECF. :p

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's interesting. I have only been online in the vaping world a short time, and I already observed what is being cited in this thread.
Doesn't take long. :)

punishedprimate

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had been looking for a new vape community for a while. I'm part of a pretty tight group on fb but one girl posted a cloud video in just her bra and the admins totally lost their shit over it (this was AFTER guys were posting "tuck" videos and vids of them in thongs and shit and no one had an issue with those vids). As for ECF, those guys got me pointed in the right direction after i tried a "blu" and thought-good idea, bad execution. So now, a little over a year later, i havent smoked an analog and I'm up to vaping mech mods...so I at least I have them to thank for that,,,but I dont post there often. I dig this group so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had been looking for a new vape community for a while. I'm part of a pretty tight group on fb but one girl posted a cloud video in just her bra and the admins totally lost their shit over it (this was AFTER guys were posting "tuck" videos and vids of them in thongs and shit and no one had an issue with those vids).
I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to figure out how to approach this but it raises so many questions that I can't pick the right one

punishedprimate

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to figure out how to approach this but it raises so many questions that I can't pick the right one

the video's were in response to a local B&M retailer who offered a free bottle of juice to the most "creative" cloud video. It got real weird, real quick

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd probably give first place to a Silence of the Lambs parody, yeah.

"Would you vape me? I'd vape me. I'd vape me hard."

punishedprimate

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think that's what the tuck guy was going for

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah I disagreed on a certain subject and got slammed pretty quickly. I was thinking oooookaaayyy.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF has everyone/everything separated into pens. VU leaves the gates open so we're free to mill around.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
edit: nevermind

Last edited:

VU Sponsors