Become a Patron!

Is it safe to....

Anthony825

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape in a car with a 1 and a half year old? I heard that the nicotine in the vapor stays in the air for 7 seconds after exhaling. I vape on a regulated box mod with a Kangertech Subtank .5 ohm coil. I don't make massive clouds while I'm around my child, and I only vape 6mg or below nicotine. Is this safe to do? Or should I still be waiting until I'm not around my kid?

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape in a car with a 1 and a half year old? I heard that the nicotine in the vapor stays in the air for 7 seconds after exhaling. I vape on a regulated box mod with a Kangertech Subtank .5 ohm coil. I don't make massive clouds while I'm around my child, and I only vape 6mg or below nicotine. Is this safe to do? Or should I still be waiting until I'm not around my kid?
I think this is one of those "We don't know enough to say for certain so use your own judgement" things...

Anthony825

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
=( but but.... I need a second opinion lol....what more information can I provide to get a more solid answer?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Again, this is your judgment as a parent.

But at least crack open the drivers side window and blow your vapor outside of your car.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you have doubts, just don't. Why would you want to vape in a closed car with an infant anyway?

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I doubt there's anyone on here who would be irresponsible enough to tell you with 100% certainty that it's perfectly harmless. No one really knows enough to take YOUR childs health into their hands.

Anthony825

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True, and I'm not so stupid I would keep the windows closed. My driver side window is all the way down and my passenger side is half way whenever I vape in the car without my son. It would be the same way should I start vaping with him in it. I was asking I guess to see what other people prefer to do. That's all, no need to come at me like some kind of criminal.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, and I'm not so stupid I would keep the windows closed. My driver side window is all the way down and my passenger side is half way whenever I vape in the car without my son. It would be the same way should I start vaping with him in it. I was asking I guess to see what other people prefer to do. That's all, no need to come at me like some kind of criminal.
No was coming at you like a criminal. I've vaped around my kids before. I don't blow it in their face or fog a room up, but I don't treat it the way I did cigarettes and stay 50 feet away at all times. We were just saying there's no definitive answer to how dangerous or whether it's dangerous at all so most people don't feel comfortable giving an answer that could affect the health of someone else's children.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're blowing it out the window then you're blowing it out the window. It isn't even going to be in the car with the child then so there's no problem either way. The way you worded the OP made it sound like you weren't blowing it out the window.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont vape around my 2 year old. Not worth any possible risk ... even if there isnt any.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're blowing it out the window then you're blowing it out the window. It isn't even going to be in the car with the child then so there's no problem either way. The way you worded the OP made it sound like you weren't blowing it out the window.
This^^

We really need to dissuade; not encourage the notion that the mere 'aroma' of our vapor is somehow 'toxic' at any appreciable level. It's been proven (though ignored in the media) that second hand smoke is largely benign; so it's quite safe to assume that vapor (which to an order of magnitude less toxic than cigarette) smoke is benign entirely.

Don't allow yourself to be pigeonholed as a 'smoker' by the ill informed around you; simply because your vapor looks like smoke. It's really silly if you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This^^

We really need to dissuade; not encourage the notion that the mere 'aroma' of our vapor is somehow 'toxic' at any appreciable level. It's been proven (though ignored in the media) that second hand smoke is largely benign; so it's quite safe to assume that vapor (which to an order of magnitude less toxic than cigarette) smoke is benign entirely.

Don't allow yourself to be pigeonholed as a 'smoker' by the ill informed around you; simply because your vapor looks like smoke. It's really silly if you think about it.

Yes, much junk science to prove it is benign...My GF and her dog get physically sick from 2nd hand vapor. But people aren't animals, right? My favorite is that your lungs act as 100% filters...lawlz.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
=( but but.... I need a second opinion lol....what more information can I provide to get a more solid answer?
as a Dad, if I am uncertain about something, I don't do it. I'm sure you have enough will power as a father, to wait for a little bit before you vape. Nothing wrong with being safer than sorry.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, much junk science to prove it is benign...My GF and her dog get physically sick from 2nd hand vapor. But people aren't animals, right? My favorite is that your lungs act as 100% filters...lawlz.
"Lawlz"? Really, are you 16?

If your g/f, and her dog get physically ill from second hand vapor; you're either,..

A) vaping the nastiest gas station e liquid

B) your g/f has convinced herself she's sick psychosomatically, and claims the dog is sick too, in order to exaggerate the 'guilt factor'

Do yourself a favor and find a new g/f

Chief

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"Lawlz"? Really, are you 16?

If your g/f, and her dog get physically ill from second hand vapor; you're either,..

A) vaping the nastiest gas station e liquid

B) your g/f has convinced herself she's sick psychosomatically, and claims the dog is sick too, in order to exaggerate the 'guilt factor'

Do yourself a favor and find a new g/f

Chief

The smell of someones cologne or perfume has never given you headache or made you feel ill? Happends to me all the time... probably the same type of reaction.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The smell of someones cologne or perfume has never given you headache or made you feel ill? Happends to me all the time... probably the same type of reaction.
A friend of mine is so sensitive to the smell of vape that she puts her shirt over her nose and mouth when she steps into a room where I've vaped. Some people suffer from TILT (Toxic Induced Loss of Tolerance).

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

A friend of mine is so sensitive to the smell of vape that she puts her shirt over her nose and mouth when she steps into a room where I've vaped. Some people suffer from TILT (Toxic Induced Loss of Tolerance).

Valid point from both of you

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its actually better to have only one window partially open while moving to 'suck' the air out.. 2 windows open allows the air, and thus the vapor, to come in..

Just a tip :)

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At work I have the bug guy spray in building once a month. There are 3 people there who get headaches and nausea unless they are gone when he is spraying and don't know he's been there then no headache or nausea.In other words, Psychosomatic.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm curious how 2nd hand vapor would affect someone who is allergic to one of the flavorings i.e. If I were to blow apple vape around Nitrobex..

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm curious how 2nd hand vapor would affect someone who is allergic to one of the flavorings i.e. If I were to blow apple vape around Nitrobex..

I forget who, but one of the reviewers on youtube (I think it might have been Rip) was talking about one of his friends who was vaping an organic anise based fluid in a coffee shop, and someone who was allergic to anise started having a mild allergic reaction.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me guess... you go out of your way to vape her into a corner now don't you ;)

VU Sponsors