Become a Patron!

Is it time to replace my batteries?

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! I'm wondering if it's time to replace my batteries. I charged my Samsung 25Rs just now to full charge, and left them to sit out for a while to cool off, about 30 or 40 minutes. When I came back to em, they were reading 4.12v, 4.18v, and 4.14v. Is it time to get rid of em? And is there any danger to continue using them? Just wanna be sure before throwing em and buying new ones. Thanks guys!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you using a multimeter to test the voltage?.....those chargers aren't perfect reading V's, they just know to stop at 4.20.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using a multimeter to test the voltage?.....those chargers aren't perfect reading V's, they just know to stop at 4.20.
I checked it with my charger, and than checked the voltages in my RX200S, they showed just about the same. I know neither are the most reliable, but I need to get a multi meter lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As the cell ages it just doesn't hold a charge as well, but it doesn't mean you can't use them.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With that small amount of voltage drop, I would use them in an RX.

Just about every cell will drop slightly after a charge.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As the cell ages it just doesn't hold a charge as well, but it doesn't mean you can't use them.
So there's no danger in using them longer? I'll probably be getting new cells when I got some extra cash, just stretching these out as much as I can. Thanks man!

VU Sponsors