Become a Patron!

Is my battery toast?

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two sets of the brown "tootsie roll" (OK, I forgot the number on them, LG HG-somethings) batteries that I use in one of my RX200 mods. They're married sets, always used together and charged together. Up until this morning, they've always read within .01 volts of each other when I put them on the charger. Usually they read exactly the same voltage. But today I put one of the sets on the charger and the first battery in read 3.50 volts and the other two read 3.82 volts each. WTH? Did one of them "go bad" while it was in the mod? And does that mean I have to ditch this set and get new batteries?

They're all charging right now at the same rate (meaning the rate of increase in voltage is the same for all three), but I'm worried about that one that obviously had some sort of mental breakdown while it was in the mod. I'm thinking I need to toss that one and use the other two as singles in my single-battery mods. What would be my options here? Help? :sad:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My RX200S has always drained the batteries unevenly usually slot #2, Mark the low one and use it in a different slots to see if it's the battery. I don't use the factory programing but I think if you turn the mod off and hold fire and minus buttons it'll read the individual battery volts in the mod.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My old RX200 (wow it's a whole year old! LOL!) has always drained the batteries evenly, so this was a surprise. I was afraid it might be the mod, but it took 6-1/2 hours to charge that one battery, so I guess it's the battery. I got these batteries when I got the mod a year ago, so they're a year old, too, and probably going to start acting up. I've retired the "bad" one and put the other two into my single-battery mod rotation. I'll limp by on the one set for now, but on payday I'll order two more sets for it.

Thanks for the tip on checking the individual battery volts. I don't know if it will work on my "old" mod, but I'll try it and see. I don't know which slot is which, though. Two in back, one in front, which is #1, #2, and #3? Never mind, we have two different versions of this, so it's probably different from one to the other. I'll just get new batteries. Problem solved. ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My old RX200 (wow it's a whole year old! LOL!) has always drained the batteries evenly, so this was a surprise. I was afraid it might be the mod, but it took 6-1/2 hours to charge that one battery, so I guess it's the battery. I got these batteries when I got the mod a year ago, so they're a year old, too, and probably going to start acting up. I've retired the "bad" one and put the other two into my single-battery mod rotation. I'll limp by on the one set for now, but on payday I'll order two more sets for it.

Thanks for the tip on checking the individual battery volts. I don't know if it will work on my "old" mod, but I'll try it and see. I don't know which slot is which, though. Two in back, one in front, which is #1, #2, and #3? Never mind, we have two different versions of this, so it's probably different from one to the other. I'll just get new batteries. Problem solved. ;)
Orbtronic.com has Samsung 30Q for 4.99 each.
Mooch rates them above the HG2's and VTC5's as far as maintaining capacity after charge/discharge cycles. They are what I will be moving to as my HG2's die off sometime.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
RTD has 15% off with FATHERSDAY

http://www.rtdvapor.com/

Thanks, I wish, but SD has made importing "tobacco products" illegal, so if there's "vape" or something similar in the name, we can't use them. We usually get batteries from Liion Wholesale. I think that's the name - my husband does the battery ordering.

30qs are great & the battery life is amazing!

Yup, that's perzackly what I'm getting. I switched over to those as soon as I found out they were better than the brownies. And they do seem to be. Besides, being a girl, I like the color better. ;) I'm currently running 30Qs in my Battlestar, and even if I use that all day long, two batteries will take me sunup to sundown. And I chain-vape, so that's saying something! LOL!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I wish, but SD has made importing "tobacco products" illegal, so if there's "vape" or something similar in the name, we can't use them. We usually get batteries from Liion Wholesale. I think that's the name - my husband does the battery ordering.

Yup, that's perzackly what I'm getting. I switched over to those as soon as I found out they were better than the brownies. And they do seem to be. Besides, being a girl, I like the color better. ;) I'm currently running 30Qs in my Battlestar, and even if I use that all day long, two batteries will take me sunup to sundown. And I chain-vape, so that's saying something! LOL!
I was using em in my tesla nano and getting two days out of them but that mod seems to have better battery life than my other mods!

VU Sponsors