Become a Patron!

Is my coil burnt? Or just not doing well in the tank?

I bought a new coil after my first one had started going bad and I also bought some new juice. I'm gonna give all details just in case I'm missing something crucial. Last night I opened up my tank, took my old coil out and threw it away, got my new coil and screwed it in right away. I filled the tank with juice and let it sit for about an hour just to be safe and when I hit it it tasted absolutely disgusting. I thought maybe it was just not primed all the way so I let it sit for another hour and hit it again and it was gross once more. Am I missing something? Or is there something I should have done differently? Cleaned my glass, the mouthpiece, and the bottom area of the tank under hot/warm water today and filled the tank up again to prime it once more and that's what it's doing right now. I'd appreciate any help I can get. New to vaping and trying to figure out how to never have this happen again. Thanks!

-Nick

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Missing details, what Tank, what coils, where you bought the coils, etc, etc.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Im not sure what tank or what coil honestly. Recommended ohms on the coil is .2 and the tank is the one that comes with the Alien 220W Kit. Bought everything at Sports Vape in Fargo, ND

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm mostly 100% building my own coils for a long time but here's my two bit's.

Prime your coil before installing (there are several YouTubes on this), install, take a few dry pulls after filling the Tank and then when you start vaping start at about 75% of the power and gradually increase power.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I bought a new coil after my first one had started going bad and I also bought some new juice. I'm gonna give all details just in case I'm missing something crucial. Last night I opened up my tank, took my old coil out and threw it away, got my new coil and screwed it in right away. I filled the tank with juice and let it sit for about an hour just to be safe and when I hit it it tasted absolutely disgusting. I thought maybe it was just not primed all the way so I let it sit for another hour and hit it again and it was gross once more. Am I missing something? Or is there something I should have done differently? Cleaned my glass, the mouthpiece, and the bottom area of the tank under hot/warm water today and filled the tank up again to prime it once more and that's what it's doing right now. I'd appreciate any help I can get. New to vaping and trying to figure out how to never have this happen again. Thanks!

-Nick
Maybe you can change another falvor e-juice, different VG:pG will match different resistance coils.

VU Sponsors