Become a Patron!

Is my coil burnt? Or just not doing well in the tank?

I bought a new coil after my first one had started going bad and I also bought some new juice. I'm gonna give all details just in case I'm missing something crucial. Last night I opened up my tank, took my old coil out and threw it away, got my new coil and screwed it in right away. I filled the tank with juice and let it sit for about an hour just to be safe and when I hit it it tasted absolutely disgusting. I thought maybe it was just not primed all the way so I let it sit for another hour and hit it again and it was gross once more. Am I missing something? Or is there something I should have done differently? Cleaned my glass, the mouthpiece, and the bottom area of the tank under hot/warm water today and filled the tank up again to prime it once more and that's what it's doing right now. I'd appreciate any help I can get. New to vaping and trying to figure out how to never have this happen again. Thanks!

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More details needed! What Mod, what tank, what coil (resistance, watt range, etc.), what wattage are you trying to vape at and so on. This can make a difference in what's going on. It may be as simple as trying a new juice you've never used before. Or it may just be a matter of properly breaking in the coil before firing at the wattage you normally use, or finding the sweet spot for the particular juice you're using. Like I said, more info.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought a new coil after my first one had started going bad and I also bought some new juice. I'm gonna give all details just in case I'm missing something crucial. Last night I opened up my tank, took my old coil out and threw it away, got my new coil and screwed it in right away. I filled the tank with juice and let it sit for about an hour just to be safe and when I hit it it tasted absolutely disgusting. I thought maybe it was just not primed all the way so I let it sit for another hour and hit it again and it was gross once more. Am I missing something? Or is there something I should have done differently? Cleaned my glass, the mouthpiece, and the bottom area of the tank under hot/warm water today and filled the tank up again to prime it once more and that's what it's doing right now. I'd appreciate any help I can get. New to vaping and trying to figure out how to never have this happen again. Thanks!
I kind of agree with @Kranky Kanger, regarding the mod, tank, coil you are utilizing. In general, you have to break in the coil. At first, it might taste metallic. In addition, you have to find the sweet spot of your juice. I personally start at a lower wattage/temperature depending on whether you use TC, or not. Instead of inhaling, I blow into the DT about 5-10 times. Then, I try inhaling. If it's still off, I repeat, blowing into, rather than inhaling. Once I don't get the metal flavor, I start adjusting the wattage/temperature, in order to find the sweet spot.

VU Sponsors