Become a Patron!

Is my lipo battery too much for my dna 250 mod

cjangel70607

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello I'm building a dna 250 mod i want to use my gens ace traxxas 5000mah 11.1v 3s 50c~100c battery. Can the dna chip safely operate, fire, adjust, and charge if i use this battery. If not what is the max mah, max continuous discharge, max bust discharge battery i can use?

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes. I would be afraid building that with such a powerful battery. Check the parameters of the chip and it'll, or should, tell you how much room you have to customize as far as battery goes.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. I would be afraid building that with such a powerful battery. Check the parameters of the chip and it'll, or should, tell you how much room you have to customize as far as battery goes.
Nonsense. The only thing that matters is that the chip gets the proper input voltage and the battery can handle the max amp draw the chip will apply to the batteries. The battery he mentioned will work fine.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
max amp limit safely for new dna devices is 23 max input so long as the battery does not exceed that you should be fine but you also have charge rate and other issue to take into account. to make it easy for you click here https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250.pdf

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Batteries don't put out amps, they have a limit of how many amps can be asked of them before the chemistry gets damaged and internal resistance increases or worse, goes up in flames.

You could have a 1000a capable pack and it would be just fine.
That pack is 250a constant and 500a burst rated but most of those manufacturers pad the ratings to sell packs like efest does... maybe not as bad as efest... but still.

Anyway, it will be more than capable enough for anything you could ever vape and will only put out 1a if that's all that's asked of it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Batteries don't put out amps, they have a limit of how many amps can be asked of them before the chemistry gets damaged and internal resistance increases or worse, goes up in flames.

You could have a 1000a capable pack and it would be just fine.
That pack is 250a constant and 500a burst rated but most of those manufacturers pad the ratings to sell packs like efest does... maybe not as bad as efest... but still.

Anyway, it will be more than capable enough for anything you could ever vape and will only put out 1a if that's all that's asked of it.
Exactly.

cjangel70607

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks boom stick and fq, mod parts all here just waiting for a box from brimstone 3d or protocase, to fit my battery i told them to make it 7x3x3 inches, that and to not make my fat boy rda look so absurdly big

cjangel70607

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
To see why i was stressing over a battery so long for, see my post, from beginning to the end, my first build. I'm doing the latest modifications for my mod., except being a bottom feeder, which still debating atm

Vapescaped

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
To see why i was stressing over a battery so long for, see my post, from beginning to the end, my first build. I'm doing the latest modifications for my mod., except being a bottom feeder, which still debating atm
Kinda curious. You're building a massive lipo mod, with the theoretical capability of pumping out a mind blowing 2,700 watt continuous power(theoretical).
But your power delivery system will max out at less than 1/10th that.
Just my opinion, but it seems to me that the only benefit of using this chip is ridiculously long battery life, at the expense of a huge, heavy box.
Have you considered a pwm-mosfet system?

Vapescaped

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello I'm building a dna 250 mod i want to use my gens ace traxxas 5000mah 11.1v 3s 50c~100c battery. Can the dna chip safely operate, fire, adjust, and charge if i use this battery. If not what is the max mah, max continuous discharge, max bust discharge battery i can use?

You should only charge lipo batteries on a lipo battery charger. Here's a couple of links to lipo battery safety:
http://thedronegirl.com/2015/02/07/lipo-battery/
http://www.icharger.co.nz/articles/ArticleId/3/Lipo-Lithium-Battery-Safety-Guide.aspx
https://www.maxamps.com/lipo-care.php
You don't want one of these:

VU Sponsors