Become a Patron!

Is my setup safe?

Just wanted to know if my setup is safe.
Athena Hero 240w box mod
3x Samsung 25r batteries.
Running at 0.21 ohms
I do it at about 30W.
When i calculate it in Steam Engine vape it gives me about 12Amps.
Should be ok?

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Athena Hero 240w box mod
Running at 0.21 ohms
I do it at about 30W.
Should be ok?
Foe that mod you are good , it is a regulated 3 battery device , 30 watts is not even tickling the mod yet ! always good to ask when in doubt ,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Athena Hero 240w box mod
Running at 0.21 ohms
I do it at about 30W.
Should be ok?
That setup at that wattage would be safe on nearly any single battery mod...... including a mech.. which would only be borderline because it would run that ohm at higher amp draw and higher watts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is ALWAYS some risk involved with Lithium rechargeable batteries. So the short answer is no, it isn't safe. Long answer, you can make it reasonably very safe by following simple rules about battery safety. These simple rules are NOT only about how many amps you can draw from the battery. Instead, they also include other factors, some of which are actually MORE IMPORTANT than how many amps you can draw from the battery. For example, how to prevent short circuiting the battery, and how to prevent internally damaging the battery. For another example, knowing how to recognize when the battery starts to vent, and what to do immediately after the battery starts to vent. Finally, how to stop reading replies posted by people who very clearly have no clue about battery safety (not pointing any fingers here, but I think you can already see for yourself what I really mean, so...). Go to Mooch's blog. Just google it and forget the attention whores who gave you incorrect information regarding your safety. You'll thank yourself afterwards.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you vaping in your country... ya I would be more worried about the authorities than the mod.
Good luck with that.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Foe that mod you are good , it is a regulated 3 battery device , 30 watts is not even tickling the mod yet ! always good to ask when in doubt ,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I second this with greater emphasis. 30 watts is probably too low for a 0.21 build. I doubt you'll be getting decent Heat or flavor at that wattage.
Try again at 30 watts. Raise it at 5 watts increments until you get a pleasurable vape.
Malaysia has a booming vape scene. There are shops everywhere. If you are new to Vaping, find a good vape shop and take your gear to them for help. I have found Malaysians to be incredibly nice, helpful and patient with me. If you are in KL, go to Hyper Vape in Sungei Wang Plaza. Very helpful guys.

VU Sponsors