Become a Patron!

Is PG a cure for Corona Virus?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My husband put together a few thoughts of his I will post here.
This has been sent to our governor, our local papers, and several news agencies.

Hello

I have attached three items to consider; the sources are included in the attachment names. Several articles as basic proof for something that may not prevent the virus but may eliminate the complications that lead to death from the virus; a fix for the interim until a vaccine is developed. Without doubt is a powerful anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral substance that was historically used, for instance, in hospital ventilation systems prior to hepa filtration and negative pressure systems. I had used it on the farm when younger, and the benefit with corona virus is that it is non-damaging to mammalian tissue. It could be used with nebulizer or even 50/50 with water boiled and then with a towel over your head to inhale the steam. I have bought a gallon for my family in reserve just in case. I would be very willing to be called a fool and dis-proven rather than sit here with possibility thousands or hundreds of thousands of people could die if this were not considered and ruled out. I can't help thinking we often need to be told of things we already know because we forgot we knew them. In human health applications apparently has not been in use since possibly the 1940's. I have already tried to pass up through the chain at local hospital and our local newspaper without reply.

upload_2020-3-17_18-33-3-png.17346

What the flu vaccine is to H1N1 as a preventative, the electronic cigarette may be for the tobacco smoker. An electronic cigarette is a futuristic advancement in science that makes it look, feel, and taste like a tobacco cigarette, as the user duplicates the mechanical motions. It expels an almost odorless water vapor that looks like smoke, but isn't. The e cigarettes are battery-powered with a cartridge that typically contains nicotine in various levels (or none), propylene glycol and tobacco flavoring. In their October briefing, Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) in the United Kingdom released a favorable position on electronic cigarettes. Related Stories • Digital intervention effective at reducing the spread of viral respiratory tract infections • Obesity could increase severity of influenza study shows • Coronavirus spreads even without symptoms and how Hangzhou province contained virus spread Propylene glycol, the primary ingredient in the electronic cigarette cartridge, may be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled according to a study by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson. Decades before the e cigarette was invented, a study was conducted by Dr. Robertson of the University of Chicago's Billings Hospital in 1942 on inhalation of vaporized propylene glycol in laboratory mice. A more in-depth article was printed in the 1942 issue of TIME Magazine http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,932876,00.html for November 16th. "Dr. Robertson placed groups of mice in a chamber and sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice died." The researchers also found that "the propylene glycol itself was a potent germicide. One part of glycol in 2,000,000 parts of air would--within a few seconds--kill concentrations of air-suspended pneumococci, streptococci and other bacteria numbering millions to the cubic foot." Clinical trials on electronic cigarettes containing propylene glycol were carried out in New Zealand by Dr. Murray Laugeson of Health New Zealand and can be found on the website of SS Choice LLC at http://www.eCigarettesChoice.com under the tab "Media Coverage." Far from posing a threat to our health, the propylene glycol in e cigarettes might just keep us healthy. Further studies should be done on the effects of propylene glycol to determine if it can be used successfully as a virus prevention tool. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the best flu preventative was right under our noses all this time?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
A great well written and researched letter on the benefits of PG, kudos to your husband! Thanks for sharing it here!
It is just too bad that politicians , USA Drs. and many in the population see vaping and anything used for vaping(PG) as the scourge of the planet that must be eradicated and they will probably never read or agree with this letter!
I know I have had a very positive experience with vaping- such as being able to quit my 30+ year love affair with cigarettes,I have lowered my nicotine to zero- and I haven't been sick at all, well maybe some minor colds, but nothing major like when I was smoking. I have been vaping for over 5 years now and I am so very grateful that vaping gave me my life back!
It just makes me so sad that many smokers out there will not have the chance to try vaping to quit smoking- or the beneficial effects of PG in helping keep people healthy because of all the horrible biased reports of the dangers of vaping, with the States and US government doing everything in their power to demonize and eradicate vaping.
:hug:

VU Sponsors