Become a Patron!

Is PGA safe to vape and use in your flavors?

I have heard of people using PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) in there e-juice in order to get a throat hit or to carry the flavor better. I am wanting to use it in order to Cary the flavor better but i'm wondering if putting PGA in your mixes and inhaling it safe? I'm a little skeptical about this. Is it safe? If so how?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard of people using PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) in there e-juice in order to get a throat hit or to carry the flavor better. I am wanting to use it in order to Cary the flavor better but i'm wondering if putting PGA in your mixes and inhaling it safe? I'm a little skeptical about this. Is it safe? If so how?
Ethanol is the only kind of alcohol, that isn't harmful to your body. To answer your question:"... Is it safe?...", YES.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know that it's not a totally uncommon to use a small amount of PGA, and some companies use alcohol as the base for their flavorings, so it's not something to be concerned about.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Occasionally people use PGA to thin down juice,usually it's used to make natural flavor extractions and some flavorings will have PGA in them...the downside is they cut down on vapor production and in my experince PGA flavoring lose ther potency faster than pg based extractions...but it is not unheard of to find e-juice with PGA in them.....if you're not intolerant of PG I think PG will carry flavor better.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a POSSIBLE health and safety risk of vaping.

Yep...that's how I read it too. Just trying to respond to the OP's question.

Have I added PGA to a mix? Yes
Do I care if a flavor is alcohol based? No
Am I personally concerned about the safety of PGA in my mix? Hell no.

In today's world, I am not saying it is safe. Are You?

Ron
---
"The only difference between doctors and lawyers is that lawyers merely rob you, whereas doctors rob you and kill you, too."- Anton Chekhov

VU Sponsors