Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Reddit has come alive with accusations that vaping critic Rip Trippers is on the take.

I've now seen two different versions of this letter purporting to be from Rip Trippers demanding a “2% equity” in a company in return for his good reviews on “all platforms” (in both examples the name of the company in question has been removed).

People are also linking to this post of someone making a similar accusation.

At this point we are dealing with nothing but internet rumors and we haven't seen any hard evidence nor have we heard a rebuttal from Rip Trippers, so Vaporacle would like to remind everyone that this is America and we're suppose to be innocent until proven guilty.

Vaporacle.com will stay on top of this story so keep coming back for updates.

http://vaporacle.blogspot.com/2015/02/is-rip-trippers-on-take.html

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Article has been updated.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
personally i think twisted is a drama mongering douche...
hes got nothin'...

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So far it seems like a lot of hooplah over nothing. I've seen two copies of what was suppose to be an identical letter, each letter was in a different typeface and each one had the vendor name blocked out and was coming from an anonymous source. The tabloid / national equirer type people are jumping on this because they love drama. The irony is that some who are criticizing Rip for taking money have their own blogs spammed with paid advertisement, isn't that a joke? Lol.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking closer at this, this entire thing (if it's even legit) is over a negotiation to promote an app (not a juice or a mod), and it seems the letter is in response to someone asking if Trip wants to be on the advisory board for that app. What's so unusual about that?

ZwfKMIl.jpg

What does promoting an "app" have to do with his juice or mod reviews? This tabloid journalism is going to destroy the vaping community if we let it get out of hand.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The pitchforks are out and the mob mentality is showing. All over a couple of screen shots. And agreed, vaperature, how does promoting an app for pay destroy his credibility?

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So far it seems like a lot of hooplah over nothing. I've seen two copies of what was suppose to be an identical letter, each letter was in a different typeface and each one had the vendor name blocked out and was coming from an anonymous source. The tabloid / national equirer type people are jumping on this because they love drama. The irony is that some who are criticizing Rip for taking money have their own blogs spammed with paid advertisement, isn't that a joke? Lol.
"The tabloid / national equirer type people are jumping on this because they love drama"

And you're jumping on it because?

A: you're a tabloid/national enquirer type who loves drama.

Jesus man have some self respect. Fucking hypocrite.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The letter seems to be just a response to someone who was asking Rip to be on their advisory board. It's totally common if you are on the board to own a share in the company, in fact a measly 2% is quite generous!!!!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"The tabloid / national equirer type people are jumping on this because they love drama"

Hey man, great to hear from you. Have a great day.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Joe just announced that this topic is going to be discussed on Mod Envy tonight. I wonder if Rip is going to get an invitation to appear on the show in his own defense?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would rather imagine that Joe has reached out to him.

I am sure that RT knows all about this and may have also reached out to Joe and asked to be part of the show to be able to respond to a large audiance.

We shall see what we shall see.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Joe just announced that this topic is going to be discussed on Mod Envy tonight. I wonder if Rip is going to get an invitation to appear on the show in his own defense?
And: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/r-i-p-for-rip-new-allegations-about-the-reviewer-break.56716/

@CrazyVpr - You gonna call everyone that? Or just troll one person?

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't seen anyone else being hypocritical about OTHERS being tabloid journalists, so I'm just going to "troll" one person. You sure have a strange definition of trolling. I prefer to call it critiquing.

We already know joe loves the drama. He doesn't try to deny it, and call out others.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't seen anyone else being hypocritical about OTHERS being tabloid journalists, so I'm just going to "troll" one person. You sure have a strange definition of trolling. I prefer to call it critiquing.
Glad you could stop by. You kind of exist here just to give me shit and I think that's special.

il_570xN.409588772_ib3q.jpg

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would rather imagine that Joe has reached out to him.

I am sure that RT knows all about this and may have also reached out to Joe and asked to be part of the show to be able to respond to a large audiance.

We shall see what we shall see.
That would be awesome.

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did that guy just say Joe doesn't "call out others"? Lol. Isn't he calling out Rip Trippers right now?
He's not hypocritically calling out people for being tabloid journalists, and enjoying drama.
Read slowly, you may understand better.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He's not hypocritically calling out people for being tabloid journalists, and enjoying drama.
I understood you the first time and it's the same opinion you've expressed over and over. You think I'm a tabloid journalist calling out another tabloid journalist. I'm fine with that, because you're at least admitting that other guy is also nothing but a tabloid journalist. As you said before I'm a blogger blogging about a blogger being nothing but a blogger. I'm fine with that. You have the right to your own opinion and I respect that.

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I understood you the first time and it's the same opinion you've expressed over and over. You think I'm a tabloid journalist calling out another tabloid journalist. I'm fine with that, because you're at least admitting that other guy is also nothing but a tabloid journalist. As you said before I'm a blogger blogging about a blogger being nothing but a blogger. I'm fine with that. You have the right to your own opinion and I respect that.
You are all practicing tabloid journalism, But you're a tabloid journalist AND A HYPOCRITE. Read it even more slowly.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are all practicing tabloid journalism, But you're a tabloid journalist AND A HYPOCRITE. Read it even more slowly.
I understood you the first, second, third and fourth time. You think I'm a hypocrite. You are entitled to that opinion. But I'm not going anywhere and if that guy keeps reporting lies and half-truths and keeps making unfounded accusations, I will continue to call him on it. If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes then so be it.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, he's getting paid for it.. LOL!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they're on mod envy right now speaking with twisted check it out

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So full of shit! They are STILL saying that he wanted 2% for a review!!

Its a PROMOTION and it WAS NOT finalized yet. If it was already out, and he promoted it, and said he didnt get paid, THEN it would be something.. But that is NOT what happened.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So full of shit! They are STILL saying that he wanted 2% for a review!!

Its a PROMOTION and it WAS NOT finalized yet. If it was already out, and he promoted it, and said he didnt get paid, THEN it would be something.. But that is NOT what happened.
i know they are full of shit really aren't they, still no evidence

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't personally care much if he is on the take or not. I do enjoy watching stuff like this unfold without a rooting interest though. I find his reviews to be unwatchable, but everyone has their own taste and I don't deprive them of that. It should be understood that there is a difference between promotions and reviews. If he is getting paid to promote an app, who cares? If he is getting paid to review devices, however, that would be a bit shady. There is certainly not enough evidence of that yet, but this should be fun to watch.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure vaporjoes as much as said it on modenvy abt half an hour ago: there will be no news on this topic tonight, since Twisted is saving it for his upcoming video.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure vaporjoes as much as said it on modenvy abt half an hour ago: there will be no news on this topic tonight, since Twisted is saving it for his upcoming video.
yeah, right, has the chance to reveal it on live tv but would rather wait until tomorrow, suuuuure. we'll see tomorrow then won't we.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yeah, right, has the chance to reveal it on live tv but would rather wait until tomorrow, suuuuure. we'll see tomorrow then won't we.
In fairness, he's just promoting his video. What's good for the goose...

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Good lord, I can't believe I'm saying this. I think for once, @vaperature and I can agree. The way Twisted420 handled all of this has pegged the Lame-O-Meter.

I can respect that he wanted to release his info on his YouTube channel, but he should've had the sense to release it today instead of waiting.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good lord, I can't believe I'm saying this. I think for once, @vaperature and I can agree. The way Twisted420 handled all of this has pegged the Lame-O-Meter.

I can respect that he wanted to release his info on his YouTube channel, but he should've had the sense to release it today instead of waiting.

lol....................................

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What does he have to gain by announcing it on live tv over doing it through a video? I can't think of any advantages. His youtube audience is probably much larger than those watching mod envy on "live tv"

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Before he got promoted on the show? Na. Movie stars go on the late night tour right before the movie is released, not right after. Teasing it today = viewers. Releasing it tomorrow = subscribers.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What does he have to gain by announcing it on live tv over doing it through a video? I can't think of any advantages. His youtube audience is probably much larger than those watching mod envy on "live tv"
Lol, right. We'll see tomorrow then won't we. If he had any real evidence what better way to do it than live on Mod Envy, but no, some video that might come out tomorrow night. Lol. Okay, we'll see what his excuse is tomorrow night then.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Before he got promoted on the show? Na. Movie stars go on the late night tour right before the movie is released, not right after. Teasing it today = viewers. Releasing it tomorrow = subscribers.
Somehow I doubt that's what's going on. There IS no evidence. He's waiting another day to see if something pops up, but it won't pop up.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, right. We'll see tomorrow then won't we. If he had any real evidence what better way to do it than live on Mod Envy, but no, some video that might come out tomorrow night. Lol. Okay, we'll see what his excuse is tomorrow night then.
That's my point. Youtube IS a better way to do it.
Assuming there's any "it".

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

RUN!!!!!!

End-of-the-world-007.jpg

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's my point. Youtube IS a better way to do it.
There's no evidence, otherwise he would talk about it on Mod Envy. He was right there, on live TV. Let's wait until tomorrow and see then.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I'm sure there is 'evidence', but it's gonna be all circumstantial and/or out of context/edited.

Look, I have watched every single @Twisted420 video since the beginning. I watch Rip maybe once a month. So, its not that I 'like Rip better'. Not at all. But, this bullshit calling people out with circumstantial evidence, and then belittling him (against the rules here, right?) on Mod Envy is, well, bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors